City of blinding Randooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yikes:

You know, when it gets like that here, they cancel school. :shifty:

Reason #8657489578 of Why I :heart: Living Next to the Ocean.

it's usually not this cold until January. We generally have a few weeks of freeeeeeeezing weather and then just tons of snow until the end of March :|

88 days and counting until SPRING!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

If I can get to the desert or the ocean ( :hyper: or both!) it will make this winter so much better. I think we made a mistake with the time of San Diego last year and went too early in the season! :mad:

oh and nothing, I mean NOTHING, even shuts down or closes in the Twin Cities due to cold and snow unless the temp drops to -20 below zero :crack: And even then only schools are closed but most businesses stay open. Do you even know how cold -20 below zero is especially when you factor in a windchill of -20 or -30 on top of it :crazy:

Over the summer I was dying in 110 degree heat in Vegas and my sister and I kept telling each other not to complain because in a few months we'll be stuck in - numbers. Yet another reason to move to the desert :sad:

You think so? It was -4 degrees when I left RI for SD and it was 65 there when we arrived...that was just about perfect! Felt like summer...as many gloves and scarves we saw!

:der: ok scratch that extra blankets and gloves thing. It's going to be 37 by Sunday :der: Minnesota has the goofiest weather anywhere ever. It's in the minus numbers one day and above freezing the next :crack: 37! I won't even need a jacket! :sexywink:

arw9797 said:
oh and nothing, I mean NOTHING, even shuts down or closes in the Twin Cities due to cold and snow unless the temp drops to -20 below zero :crack: And even then only schools are closed but most businesses stay open. Do you even know how cold -20 below zero is especially when you factor in a windchill of -20 or -30 on top of it :crazy:

Over the summer I was dying in 110 degree heat in Vegas and my sister and I kept telling each other not to complain because in a few months we'll be stuck in - numbers. Yet another reason to move to the desert :sad:
I do not even know what that cold feels like but I can't say I want to know!! I'll stay here with my -4 degrees and my ocean keeping things a little milder! :D

"Cabaret!"
~Bono 4/3/1983

Schmeg said:
You think so? It was -4 degrees when I left RI for SD and it was 65 there when we arrived...that was just about perfect! Felt like summer...as many gloves and scarves we saw!

only because it was mid January and not the end of Feb.

The winter coats and scarves in 65 degree weather was classic! I wish I would have taken a picture of that!

arw9797 said:

only because it was mid January and not the end of Feb.

The winter coats and scarves in 65 degree weather was classic! I wish I would have taken a picture of that!
I know, and the guy on the trolley looking at US funny because it was shorts-weather to us! :laugh:

Memories, like the corners of my mind...

I dunno about that Cabaret! thing; he started singing the la la la's in 11:00 Tick Tock and then said, "Cabaret!" and kept going! :laugh:

:hmm: I don't remember him doing that. :shifty: too much live U2...ok there can never be too much live U2.....

and with that Amanda must sleep :yawn:

Goodnight! :D

I am having an HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T GET SOMETHING ELSE FOR MY DAD!!!! moment. I will have to raid the candy store for him tomorrow. :crack: I was thinking of doing something really goofy like getting one of those classic lunchbox things they have at Goodies with the Doors or something...I think they used to have a Dark Side of the Moon one...and filling it up with chocolate for him.

Also: Something called The Hippest Bread Pudding arrived via the milkman today. How does bread pudding come to be hip? Or does it just go right to your hips and they're bot being facetious about it? Discuss amongst yourselves...I'll be taking a nap. :yawn:

arw9797 said:
well bring extra scarves and hats and gloves here next week! I'm going to have blankets in the car. Even with the heat on full blast it's freezing! :mad:

:shifty: I better remember to get some extra blankets for you guys when I'm at the house this weekend. I dont' think I have enough now that it's so cold in here! My sister lied...she said when she lived in this building she roasted all the time and always had to wear shorts because she was so warm. :tsk: I'm shaking right now because I'm so cold. :sad:

If I end up bringing my coat that kept me warm this morning spending 45 mins chipping my way into my car in freezing rain I should be good....just dont laugh at my mittens on a string. :shifty:

I'm on my laptop with the battery and dial-up....Why do you ask?

Because everything is covered in ice and the power is out for the second time today. We have no heat and for once when I come home from work I'm not tired enough to take a nap!

I should go wrap gifts before my fingers get numb or it gets dark. For some reason I dont think wrapping gifts by candlelight would be a very good thing to do.

The power had better come back on!!!!

:rant:

I hate today! :(

Kariann said:

If I end up bringing my coat that kept me warm this morning spending 45 mins chipping my way into my car in freezing rain I should be good....just dont laugh at my mittens on a string. :shifty:
:cute: Mittens on a string!!

I could use those as I lose gloves like it's my job...I usually can only find one.

:eek: You have no heat?! That sucks!!! Almost as much as dialup! :wink:

Also: A week from today we'll be freezing in Minnesota! :hyper: I'll get to see a place that actually keeps functioning when the temperatures are in the low single digits!

Last edited:
:up: Psychic phone ability!

My dad is on his way home and we're going shopping! He's a last-minute kinda guy...I just hope he doesn't need ideas because I am fresh out! :crack:

Kariann said:
I just realized that if the power stays out all day/night (have been told it could take 2 days possibly to have it back) that we have no heat and no hot water....this means no shower and I have to go to work in the morning!!!
:eek:

:hug: that really sucks! I've been through it all....but at least our heater workerd :yikes:

I can't tell you how many times my parents have asked me if I'm working tomorrow and from when til when. :rolleyes: I am going to make a tape recording of myself going, "Yes...8 to 6...Yes, 8-6...Yes, that's a long day..."

:wave:

8-6 IS a long day, especially on Christmas Eve :hug:

I've had quite an eventful day....

I had my hair cut and coloured, took the all the mini fahs out and got their hair cut too, did a little bit of shopping, went to Curves, opened presents and soon dinner.

btw - I have wrapped no Christmas gifts yet :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom