Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not huge into Arch Enemy either, though I totally love rocking out to Leader of the Rats. Let's be honest, AE weren't exactly doing great before they got Angela Gossaw to front them. She growls not too bad either.

I tried it once and it fucking hurt!

Ok...so I've come to a problem *buckle yourselves in for a long story*

So, years and years ago, when I used to download a LOT of music (way before I ever got in trouble), I once was searching for songs from the Joe Dirt soundtrack, when a song called "Paradise" by The BoDeans popped up. I hadn't heard the song in the film, and was curious what it was, so I downloaded it. Well I quickly figured out that it was 1. A fantastic song, 2. Not from the Joe Dirt soundtrack at all, 3. Live. Searching for evidence that such a song existed proved fruitless. So now, I decide, well I'll just throw it on my DI list, and just see what I can find, maybe somewhere out there is a studio version. Well folks...5, 6 years later, I've finally discovered where the song is from (let's just say I sucked the first time I tried, and haven't really tried so hard since then). I bought the studio version of the song off of Amazon...and guess what folks. It sucks. It's got like, all these synthesizers in it, and, I know I'm the last person people expect to say this, but it's killing the song. The live performance is acoustic. So now I can't decide. Do I use the live version? (Officially released on an album called Joe Dirt Car, hence why I found it in the first place) But if I do, I have to deal with :gasp: APPLAUSE at the end. But also an interesting lead into another song :hmm: I don't know...just putting that random piece of info out there.

If you can work the live track into the playlist, it might be worth going for it. I know some people are really unkeen on the use of live tracks, but that's because they tend to stick out painfully obviously. I think a couple of folk have managed to sneak live tracks in, though. If it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and you can make the live atmosphere, applause, and stuff work with the tracks around it, I don't see the problem with using it.

If you can work the live track into the playlist, it might be worth going for it. I know some people are really unkeen on the use of live tracks, but that's because they tend to stick out painfully obviously. I think a couple of folk have managed to sneak live tracks in, though. If it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and you can make the live atmosphere, applause, and stuff work with the tracks around it, I don't see the problem with using it.

Doing it will be a problem, but we will see.

The ironic thing is of course I'd probably be the only person to like the song anyways :lol:

So......metal....I only know like ONE song, and that's probably by one of those goth bands that you guys are currently hating on :lol:

Cradle of Filth

Oh and talking about cringe worthy.

CBC (our national TV/Radio/news station) sold the rights to the Hockey Night in Canada song. Which is pretty well the second national anthem for Canada. I'm still pissed off about that.

Now, CBC has a reality show going to try to get average idjits to compose the new theme.. they've been airing a few during commercials and they are farking horrible! I think they were done on a keyboard bought at radio shack for five bucks.

Gawd.

:tsk:

:rant:

/rant

Oh and talking about cringe worthy.

CBC (our national TV/Radio/news station) sold the rights to the Hockey Night in Canada song. Which is pretty well the second national anthem for Canada. I'm still pissed off about that.

Now, CBC has a reality show going to try to get average idjits to compose the new theme.. they've been airing a few during commercials and they are farking horrible! I think they were done on a keyboard bought at radio shack for five bucks.

Gawd.

:tsk:

:rant:

/rant

I'm not huge into Arch Enemy either, though I totally love rocking out to Leader of the Rats. Let's be honest, AE weren't exactly doing great before they got Angela Gossaw to front them. She growls not too bad either.

I tried it once and it fucking hurt!

Yeah, she really put the band on the map and her growling's pretty solid. Though I've always felt people like Mikael Akerfeldt, Dan Swanö, and John Haughm have really defined how it should be done, since you can actually understand them almost all the time.

I can growl somewhat. The black metal rasp is easier.

So......metal....I only know like ONE song, and that's probably by one of those goth bands that you guys are currently hating on :lol:

Cradle of Filth

Quoth one of my friends: "Trying to prove you have good music taste by mentioning Cradle Of Filth is like trying to prove you're sane by running into a Wal-Mart, stripping naked, and rubbing your own shit all over your body."

Though the hatred seems to mainly be targeted at more recent COF stuff. It seems there's some respect for their earlier work. I've never listened to anything they've made.

Quoth one of my friends: "Trying to prove you have good music taste by mentioning Cradle Of Filth is like trying to prove you're sane by running into a Wal-Mart, stripping naked, and rubbing your own shit all over your body."

Though the hatred seems to mainly be targeted at more recent COF stuff. It seems there's some respect for their earlier work. I've never listened to anything they've made.

My friend's roommate LOVES them, and she made me listen to this one song, like a billion songs, and guess what...it had a female singer guest in it :lol:....and I liked the song :uhoh: So it's on my comp now

AND MY PHILLY STEAK HAS ARRIVED!

Finn related?
of course
swoon.gif

The Artist League Discussion Thread is up with the leagues for the competiton so check it out :wink:

Woah, Porcupine Tree made the premier league? And The Shadows and PRR made it at all? Fucking awesome.

I am neither here nor there when it comes to COF.. other than the fact that I love laughing about how funny Dani Filth's vocals are

And I kind of

you know

Her Ghost In The Fog..

but that's it. I don't know anything else by them really :shrug:

The real question is who do we go for in the Avril vs Britney round

I can't decide. I definitely prefer more Avril songs, but she broke my heart by releasing Girlfriend.

And I could probably forgive Britney for everything she's done just because "everytime" exists.

Er...wait...I mean...ew who likes them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom