Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it still feels weird that you've got the avatar change, Axxo! I feel like I should probably change mine, even if it's hellzicious.

I really didn't think I'd ditch Red Rocks Edge and his rockin' Explorer. But ... I just felt like a change, and this one cracks me up.

I'm very used to your current one and it's awesome, but if you do change, I so hope you go with a picture of James May.

Oh dear, sorry to hear about that. :hug: I haven't been here much this week, so I'm not up to date on things. But I truly hope he's okay and that your family is coping.

Thanks, yeah I'm not a soda/soft drink person either. I used to drink coke all the time and now I can't possibly do that. I sometimes drink carbonated energy drinks if I'm on the way to Tafe and am feeling tired, but lately I've been drinking Thai Red Bull instead, since it's not carbonated, cheaper and as far as I know, not filled with as much shite as Western energy drinks (could be wrong on that last one, but I hope not).

:hug: Thanks. We haven't heard anything yet so it's just a matter of waiting, really.

I used to drink Diet Coke. I have no idea how I did it either as I can't do it anymore because of the sugar, caffeine and carbonation!
I don't generally drink energy drinks though. Those wire me out, I can't stand them. As far as I know, they're all filled with junk!

I'm trying to think of who else might have a location. I know we could visit a fraction of Bonnie: there's an Inchbonnie on the West Coast in New Zealand. I wrote its Wikipedia article!

Heh, yeah, it sounds like it must be a monumental pain in significant quantities.

:lol: That works! I'm sure a few people would have something name related somewhere in the world.

It is. We tend to get a shit ton of it when it does snow. There was one winter we had 18 inches of snow. :crazy:

There's another season of Idol to come? :yikes:

Hah, wow, he makes even Bono's scaffolding-climbing antics look weak? That's pretty impressive. I remember seeing Explosions In The Sky earlier this year and Munaf Rayani had unbelieveable stage presence and energy. He had as much energy as about ten October/War-era Bonos all in one body.

Could be the last. I think last year rated pretty badly, and it seems people are getting sick of the reality thing, what with Big Brother getting axed and all. Or maybe people just came to their senses and noticed that there's NOTHING to like about Big Brother, because nobody on the show was ever remotely tolerable. Plus there aren't stupid judges that get emotional over horrible Robbie Williams covers. That's television!

Mick wasn't doing crazy shit like that, but he had boundless energy, never ran out of breath. Even back then you couldn't say the same of Bono. He had courage, but he tired as easily as anyone else. Mick was like in his early 40s in what I was watching, just strutting around, scowling and pointing and looking goddamn hilarious, but engaging. He didn't try to involve the crowd at all, it was seemingly all about him - there was a big boundary between the audience and the stage. In fact, there was a big boundary between Mick Jagger and everyone else within a square mile.

I really didn't think I'd ditch Red Rocks Edge and his rockin' Explorer. But ... I just felt like a change, and this one cracks me up.

I'm very used to your current one and it's awesome, but if you do change, I so hope you go with a picture of James May.

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome avatar. I remember we were all egging you on to change it when we first saw the pic, months ago.

Don't think I'll change it. That would be wrong. Plus, I can't keep that location if I had May as my avatar (have no fears though, that will happen one day) - I'd have to think of something else entirely and I can't be arsed doing something like that.

:lol: That works! I'm sure a few people would have something name related somewhere in the world.

It is. We tend to get a shit ton of it when it does snow. There was one winter we had 18 inches of snow. :crazy:

Yeah, I've come across plenty of towns with random personal names. I know of two Douglases in New Zealand, one in Taranaki and one in Canterbury. Shame we don't have a Douglas on the Superthreads!

Woah, that's a fair bit! Here we are, just wishing for a drop of rain ...

Yeah, I've come across plenty of towns with random personal names. I know of two Douglases in New Zealand, one in Taranaki and one in Canterbury. Shame we don't have a Douglas on the Superthreads!

Woah, that's a fair bit! Here we are, just wishing for a drop of rain ...

Oh well, it can be a Mini-Trend!

Yeah, we were out shoveling it for hours upon hours. I even had to help. It was insane. There were 5 of us shoveling just 2 driveways. That was hell. Plus yu can't travel much when there's been lots of snow.

Could be the last. I think last year rated pretty badly, and it seems people are getting sick of the reality thing, what with Big Brother getting axed and all. Or maybe people just came to their senses and noticed that there's NOTHING to like about Big Brother, because nobody on the show was ever remotely tolerable. Plus there aren't stupid judges that get emotional over horrible Robbie Williams covers. That's television!

Mick wasn't doing crazy shit like that, but he had boundless energy, never ran out of breath. Even back then you couldn't say the same of Bono. He had courage, but he tired as easily as anyone else. Mick was like in his early 40s in what I was watching, just strutting around, scowling and pointing and looking goddamn hilarious, but engaging. He didn't try to involve the crowd at all, it was seemingly all about him - there was a big boundary between the audience and the stage. In fact, there was a big boundary between Mick Jagger and everyone else within a square mile.

I'm honestly surprised Idol's still going. I thought people had lost interest a while ago, and when it's the same format, same thing over and over again, generating new interest is bloody hard. And thank GOD Big Bother is gone. I'm sure 10 has some new bullshit to foist upon us, but Big Bother was easily one of the worst stains on national television.

Ahh, right. I'm not sure how I feel about that kind of rock pomposity. Sure, it can engage a very large audience, but personally ... I don't know. That said, I also hate it when people overtly try to "connect" and all that bollocks too, like when Bono forces it with One speeches and pulling a girl up to dance every fucking show at the same moment in WOWY. There's a fine line. I liked seeing EITS and PT because they both seemed to not be too concerned one way or another and were focused on their music without being self-absorbed.

:hug: Thanks. We haven't heard anything yet so it's just a matter of waiting, really.

I used to drink Diet Coke. I have no idea how I did it either as I can't do it anymore because of the sugar, caffeine and carbonation!
I don't generally drink energy drinks though. Those wire me out, I can't stand them. As far as I know, they're all filled with junk!

Well, I hope everything goes well and smoothly. :)

My dad drinks Diet Coke and Coke Zero, I used to pay him out about it (he doesn't drink coffee, which I understand - I don't either) but he seems to genuinely need it for his work, since he's working and driving so often, usually up til late hours. Isn't doing him much ill as far as I can tell, so that's okay. But yeah, the whole feel of soft drinks is just uncomfortable for me now! As for energy drinks, I used to hate that, I've grown sort of used to them, but not in excess. They can make you feel terrible. I had a 500ml one recently (500ml! Why the hell do they sell them in such large cans?) and I felt completely out of it for the rest of the day, headaches and all. It's dumb, that particular drink boasts about being twice the size of most other energy drink cans and thus more "macho", even though it's a product that shouldn't be aimed exclusively at one gender... this is a theme with many Australian advertising campaigns and I'm rambling now, but Axxo knows what I'm talking about.

Hi Reggo! :wave:

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome avatar. I remember we were all egging you on to change it when we first saw the pic, months ago.

Don't think I'll change it. That would be wrong. Plus, I can't keep that location if I had May as my avatar (have no fears though, that will happen one day) - I'd have to think of something else entirely and I can't be arsed doing something like that.

Yeah, back in May or whenever it was, I was still quite comfortable using Red Rocks Edge. But god, how bloody long have I had that avatar? It got to be time for something new.

Ooh, yes, that location is quality. I wish you could have a sig so that you could make it all Inthistowntastic.

Phone call woke my brother up at 8:30, but he just zombie-walked to the couch, so I figured I'd catch a few more minutes of sleep while he snoozed on the couch. I woke up about 15 minutes ago. NO idea how long my bro's been actually awake cause he's been quiet and didn't come wake me...:uhoh:

It's dumb, that particular drink boasts about being twice the size of most other energy drink cans and thus more "macho", even though it's a product that shouldn't be aimed exclusively at one gender... this is a theme with many Australian advertising campaigns and I'm rambling now, but Axxo knows what I'm talking about.

Yes, what the fuck is up with this trend? It's like somebody somewhere decided "oh shit, the Aussie guy feels like he's not manly enough these days; let's emphasise our products' MANLINESS! Need more customers overly conscious of their small dicks!"

Well, I hope everything goes well and smoothly. :)

My dad drinks Diet Coke and Coke Zero, I used to pay him out about it (he doesn't drink coffee, which I understand - I don't either) but he seems to genuinely need it for his work, since he's working and driving so often, usually up til late hours. Isn't doing him much ill as far as I can tell, so that's okay. But yeah, the whole feel of soft drinks is just uncomfortable for me now! As for energy drinks, I used to hate that, I've grown sort of used to them, but not in excess. They can make you feel terrible. I had a 500ml one recently (500ml! Why the hell do they sell them in such large cans?) and I felt completely out of it for the rest of the day, headaches and all. It's dumb, that particular drink boasts about being twice the size of most other energy drink cans and thus more "macho", even though it's a product that shouldn't be aimed exclusively at one gender... this is a theme with many Australian advertising campaigns and I'm rambling now, but Axxo knows what I'm talking about.

Thank you. :hug:

I never drank sodas for the energy from them or anything like that. I just drank them because I liked them. The caffeine in anything makes any kind of pain I get in regards to being a woman 10 times worse. I can't handle that kind of thing. And as far as energy drinks go, we have a kind cold Jolt and they come in BIG arsed cans. 3 servings approximate I think! And who the hell would drink all that? Honestly? They make me feel WORSE after drinking them so I like to go with the B-vitamin approach.

Alright, any album recommendations? I've got Led Zeppelin IV and Rubber Soul, so far today.

Phone call woke my brother up at 8:30, but he just zombie-walked to the couch, so I figured I'd catch a few more minutes of sleep while he snoozed on the couch. I woke up about 15 minutes ago. NO idea how long my bro's been actually awake cause he's been quiet and didn't come wake me...:uhoh:

That's worrying.

I'm honestly surprised Idol's still going. I thought people had lost interest a while ago, and when it's the same format, same thing over and over again, generating new interest is bloody hard. And thank GOD Big Bother is gone. I'm sure 10 has some new bullshit to foist upon us, but Big Bother was easily one of the worst stains on national television.

Ahh, right. I'm not sure how I feel about that kind of rock pomposity. Sure, it can engage a very large audience, but personally ... I don't know. That said, I also hate it when people overtly try to "connect" and all that bollocks too, like when Bono forces it with One speeches and pulling a girl up to dance every fucking show at the same moment in WOWY. There's a fine line. I liked seeing EITS and PT because they both seemed to not be too concerned one way or another and were focused on their music without being self-absorbed.

Yeah, you're not the only one surprised with that! But I'm kind of glad it's up for one more season, at least. I'm not sure if AI is replacing BB's slot for now. Ten is a shite channel though, so whatever they put in is most likely going to be rubbish.

The thing is, you take away the rock pomposity from Jagger and there isn't much left. Bands like PT and EITS were never about that sort of thing. They're not expected to prance around acting camp and making faces that would look ridiculous even compared to Polynesian tribal masks. It's not that, without use of a better term, traditional rockstars aren't expected to play music either. Of course they are. But for a lot of them, being just plain entertaining is a huge factor, it goes back to the first performers in popular music. Might sound funny coming from a shoegaze fan, but I love seeing artists prance around like dickheads onstage. Some more than others. I don't care about their ego, it's not like I'm going to run into them at the IGA.

Alright, any album recommendations? I've got Led Zeppelin IV and Rubber Soul, so far today.
Zoso and Robber Soul? The only thing I would add to that is The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "Are You Experienced?"

Yes, what the fuck is up with this trend? It's like somebody somewhere decided "oh shit, the Aussie guy feels like he's not manly enough these days; let's emphasise our products' MANLINESS! Need more customers overly conscious of their small dicks!"

:laugh:

That's worrying.
He's alright, if he'd needed something he would've woke me. And nothing's out of palce or destroyed. I think he just sat on the couch and read the book I saw him with when I got up in a bloody panic. Mum siad he didnt' go to sleep till 11 last night, which is way late for him, so he probably hasn't been up that long.

He's alright, if he'd needed something he would've woke me. And nothing's out of palce or destroyed. I think he just sat on the couch and read the book I saw him with when I got up in a bloody panic. Mum siad he didnt' go to sleep till 11 last night, which is way late for him, so he probably hasn't been up that long.
Oh, no. I meant that a small child was up that long without you and didn't trash anything.

Yeah, you're not the only one surprised with that! But I'm kind of glad it's up for one more season, at least. I'm not sure if AI is replacing BB's slot for now. Ten is a shite channel though, so whatever they put in is most likely going to be rubbish.

The thing is, you take away the rock pomposity from Jagger and there isn't much left. Bands like PT and EITS were never about that sort of thing. They're not expected to prance around acting camp and making faces that would look ridiculous even compared to Polynesian tribal masks. It's not that, without use of a better term, traditional rockstars aren't expected to play music either. Of course they are. But for a lot of them, being just plain entertaining is a huge factor, it goes back to the first performers in popular music. Might sound funny coming from a shoegaze fan, but I love seeing artists prance around like dickheads onstage. Some more than others. I don't care about their ego, it's not like I'm going to run into them at the IGA.

Just about everything 10 touches these days is five different kinds of shit. I can't believe they, of all people, had the good sense to bring back Good News Week - and they still manage to poison it with stupid cross-promotional bollocks that I'm sure McDermott & Co. must find bloody nauseating.

True. I guess I'm just not overly entertained by that sort of egocentric acting, except in a let's-laugh-at-it kind of way. I imagine I would have rather enjoyed seeing the classic shoegazers go about their stuff ... that's really what music's all about to me. If I wanted theatre, I'd go see a play, you know?

Also, the idea of bumping into Jagger at an IGA is fucking hysterical.

You don't actually have to delete any albums, Pfan. That was just an Ax-esque twist of the arm. But if you don't have them already and are after slightly earlier classics, go for Love's Forever Changes, Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and Sunflower/Surf's Up and Curtis Mayfield's Curtis. And I envy you, knowing that you will be enjoying such great music for the first time, even if it doesn't quite tickle your fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom