Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had any problems with my itunes/ipod :hmm:

:wink: then again, I do have a U2 ipod!

My iPod was free, so I'm not going to bitch too much about it. :wink:

If I'd bought my own music player rather than scored a free one, I wouldn't have bought an iPod at all.

Well, can that be MY thread location? :hyper:

I love to though it's resulted in my dozing a few times whilst in conversation and the like.

Hehe, all yours. Turns out Google Maps unfortunately doesn't know of anywhere called Axver (can't say I'm shocked, since I made the name up myself!), but there's places called André in Mozambique, Haiti, and Brazil, so I may use one of those at some point.

:laugh: I can imagine. Still, it'd be damn nice for those cold mornings when going into the lounge just seems like a wholly unpleasant proposition ...

Hehe, all yours. Turns out Google Maps unfortunately doesn't know of anywhere called Axver (can't say I'm shocked, since I made the name up myself!), but there's places called André in Mozambique, Haiti, and Brazil, so I may use one of those at some point.

:laugh: I can imagine. Still, it'd be damn nice for those cold mornings when going into the lounge just seems like a wholly unpleasant proposition ...
:D Sounds great! There's no Wiki link for it though, is there?

Oh yes. I haven't had this thing in presumably cold weather yet, so I have yet to really do that.

how did youg et a free ipod? :ohmy:

It was an easy way to send 30GB of music halfway across the world! Cheaper than an external hard drive (since it was a refurbished iPod my friend had bought in bulk to use as presents) and easier than burning a bunch of data DVDs.

:D Sounds great! There's no Wiki link for it though, is there?

Oh yes. I haven't had this thing in presumably cold weather yet, so I have yet to really do that.

No, but you don't need one - I used other links for Fake, Nigeria, for example.

I'm glad we finally had a really cold day today here. :drool:

No, but you don't need one - I used other links for Fake, Nigeria, for example.

I'm glad we finally had a really cold day today here. :drool:

Sweet. :D I didn't see the beginning of that one since that was my entrance into the Superthreads. Wow that's been quite a few threads ago!

Mm, cold weather. Minus snow, of course. :drool:

Mick Jagger?

No, no you didn't.

This is difficult to explain. It began when we heard "We Are the World" by USA For Africa on the radio earlier in the day, and thought it was hilarious, so after I got home we went on Youtube and you know, you just keep on clicking sidebar links and then you find out that Jagger's solo performances were (and possibly still are) fucking HILARIOUS. Seriously, it's insane. He's just so energetic. It's also funny to see a man so incredibly ugly act as if it isn't. You already know that I find things like Eurovision and Australian Idol incredibly funny though, and you don't share those views - so I don't expect you to do a "mick jagger 1985" search on Youtube anytime soon. But you should. After a few drinks.

Sweet. :D I didn't see the beginning of that one since that was my entrance into the Superthreads. Wow that's been quite a few threads ago!

Mm, cold weather. Minus snow, of course. :drool:

Hah, wow, yeah. As long as there's any link to substantiate a place's existence, that's cool. We just usually use Wikipedia since it's 1. convenient and 2. where our master list of possible locations is.

I'd like the occasional snow. It's fun if it's a curiosity.

Hah, wow, yeah. As long as there's any link to substantiate a place's existence, that's cool. We just usually use Wikipedia since it's 1. convenient and 2. where our master list of possible locations is.

I'd like the occasional snow. It's fun if it's a curiosity.

Heh, sweet. :hyper: People named threads for the win. :drool:

I like the occasional snow as well, just not when it dumps shitloads on us.

This is difficult to explain. It began when we heard "We Are the World" by USA For Africa on the radio earlier in the day, and thought it was hilarious, so after I got home we went on Youtube and you know, you just keep on clicking sidebar links and then you find out that Jagger's solo performances were (and possibly still are) fucking HILARIOUS. Seriously, it's insane. He's just so energetic. It's also funny to see a man so incredibly ugly act as if it isn't. You already know that I find things like Eurovision and Australian Idol incredibly funny though, and you don't share those views - so I don't expect you to do a "mick jagger 1985" search on Youtube anytime soon. But you should. After a few drinks.

I just can't put myself through that. I loved Ian and Kim doing running commentary on Stars In Their Eyes because it meant that I got all the lulz without actually having to suffer through it! It was fantastic.

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

Hi Serena, how goes it? :wave:

I won't be here long, just making my presence noted. I had a soft drink (some South Korean grape flavoured thing) today/yesterday and since I drank it, I've gotten a slowly developing, but nonetheless rude sore throat. I'm pretty bad with soft drinks, but I had no idea what this drink was. There was basically no English on it. It tasted nice, but ouch.

Heh, sweet. :hyper: People named threads for the win. :drool:

I like the occasional snow as well, just not when it dumps shitloads on us.

Has cin started a new trend! :laugh:

See, I've never lived anywhere where it's snowed. I've just been to it. So it still has a novelty value for me.

Hi Serena, how goes it? :wave:

I won't be here long, just making my presence noted. I had a soft drink (some South Korean grape flavoured thing) today/yesterday and since I drank it, I've gotten a slowly developing, but nonetheless rude sore throat. I'm pretty bad with soft drinks, but I had no idea what this drink was. There was basically no English on it. It tasted nice, but ouch.
It's been better. Worrying because my grandpa's in the hospital for very high blood pressure.

:hug: Sorry about the sore throat. I don't generally drink soda because I can't have much sugar to begin with and the carbonated hurts my throat.

I just can't put myself through that. I loved Ian and Kim doing running commentary on Stars In Their Eyes because it meant that I got all the lulz without actually having to suffer through it! It was fantastic.

Oh yes, running commentaries are great ideas with terrible shows like that. I may do one for Australian Idol this year, although I don't usually get into it until a few weeks in, once they've separated the boys from the even-more-pissweak boys.

If you ever want to learn about stage presence though, watch some of this Jagger stuff. The songs are completely unmemorable but fuck, he's riveting to watch! Had trouble watching some (young!) U2 afterwards because Bono seemed so goddamn lazy in comparison.

Has cin started a new trend! :laugh:

See, I've never lived anywhere where it's snowed. I've just been to it. So it still has a novelty value for me.
Apparently so! :laugh:

Ah, I see. I live in an area where we get some rather excessive amounts of snow, so you can see how I quickly tire of it.

It's been better. Worrying because my grandpa's in the hospital for very high blood pressure.

:hug: Sorry about the sore throat. I don't generally drink soda because I can't have much sugar to begin with and the carbonated hurts my throat.

Oh dear, sorry to hear about that. :hug: I haven't been here much this week, so I'm not up to date on things. But I truly hope he's okay and that your family is coping.

Thanks, yeah I'm not a soda/soft drink person either. I used to drink coke all the time and now I can't possibly do that. I sometimes drink carbonated energy drinks if I'm on the way to Tafe and am feeling tired, but lately I've been drinking Thai Red Bull instead, since it's not carbonated, cheaper and as far as I know, not filled with as much shite as Western energy drinks (could be wrong on that last one, but I hope not).

Oh yes, running commentaries are great ideas with terrible shows like that. I may do one for Australian Idol this year, although I don't usually get into it until a few weeks in, once they've separated the boys from the even-more-pissweak boys.

If you ever want to learn about stage presence though, watch some of this Jagger stuff. The songs are completely unmemorable but fuck, he's riveting to watch! Had trouble watching some (young!) U2 afterwards because Bono seemed so goddamn lazy in comparison.

There's another season of Idol to come? :yikes:

Hah, wow, he makes even Bono's scaffolding-climbing antics look weak? That's pretty impressive. I remember seeing Explosions In The Sky earlier this year and Munaf Rayani had unbelieveable stage presence and energy. He had as much energy as about ten October/War-era Bonos all in one body.

Apparently so! :laugh:

Ah, I see. I live in an area where we get some rather excessive amounts of snow, so you can see how I quickly tire of it.

I'm trying to think of who else might have a location. I know we could visit a fraction of Bonnie: there's an Inchbonnie on the West Coast in New Zealand. I wrote its Wikipedia article!

Heh, yeah, it sounds like it must be a monumental pain in significant quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom