Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. She sounds like she horrendus. :lol:

Well go into the store and demand it. :D

Oh I plan to. She just made me all kinds of frustrated.
Kept feeding me the "call back" at so and so time and even hung up on me once! I haven't had the way to get out there yet but as soon as I do, I am gonna speak to the manager! Or just get a job somewhere else.

Honestly, I don't think Matchbox Twenty would be the laughingstock they often are seen to be if they'd just released Yourself Or Someone Like You. It had some pretty solid pop-rock. And, hell, the second album wasn't all bad either, though it did seem like a letdown when it came out. Since then, though? I had the misfortune of hearing one of their new songs last year. Nauseatingly bad.

It was that f'ing "How Far We've Come" Song wasn't it? That was the final straw for me.

Well, Ax, that was worth my $18.00. You entertained me and the rest of the thread.

It was that f'ing "How Far We've Come" Song wasn't it? That was the final straw for me.

Pretty sure. Did it have some part where Rob Thomas sings the word "cool" multiple times? Just the way he enunciates it makes my skin crawl.

I also owned a burned copy of Meteora and a pirate copy of that dreadful remix album (my aunt bought a stack of pirated CDs in Bali and it was one of them). I never ever cared for Meteora. Gave it about three plays and that was that.

Honestly, I don't think Matchbox Twenty would be the laughingstock they often are seen to be if they'd just released Yourself Or Someone Like You. It had some pretty solid pop-rock. And, hell, the second album wasn't all bad either, though it did seem like a letdown when it came out. Since then, though? I had the misfortune of hearing one of their new songs last year. Nauseatingly bad.
Reanimation isn't that bad, true I don't listen to it much, but it has a few good songs. The remix of Runaway has alternate lyrics, which I like, and the remix of Pushing Me Away is pretty cool. The slowed down, violined up remix of Crawling is pretty awesome too.
What do you think of their new sound, which is basically what would happen if you took Linkin Park, removed 80% of the rap and 20% of the metal, and threw them into a blender with 80s U2.

I actually really like Matchbox Twenty's second album, and seem to listen to it more than their first, but that may be just because I overplayed the first album to fucking death in the late 90s. They've sucked since then, sorry to say.

Well, Ax, that was worth my $18.00. You entertained me and the rest of the thread.

:laugh: Awesome, thank you. Glad to entertain. :wink:

Also, makes a nice change from my dodgy Gold Coast friends who thought it would be hilarious to get me (or others) to do certain things, but would never do anything to make it happen. I once said I'd drink a whole litre of barbecue sauce for $20, but nobody was willing to put up the money ... not even when I lowered it to $10 either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom