Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:16 PM
I just destroyed the game "Simon" in our Interference arcade.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #137
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:16 PM
Alright, any album recommendations? I've got Led Zeppelin IV and Rubber Soul, so far today.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Phone call woke my brother up at 8:30, but he just zombie-walked to the couch, so I figured I'd catch a few more minutes of sleep while he snoozed on the couch. I woke up about 15 minutes ago. NO idea how long my bro's been actually awake cause he's been quiet and didn't come wake me...
That's worrying.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm honestly surprised Idol's still going. I thought people had lost interest a while ago, and when it's the same format, same thing over and over again, generating new interest is bloody hard. And thank GOD Big Bother is gone. I'm sure 10 has some new bullshit to foist upon us, but Big Bother was easily one of the worst stains on national television.

Ahh, right. I'm not sure how I feel about that kind of rock pomposity. Sure, it can engage a very large audience, but personally ... I don't know. That said, I also hate it when people overtly try to "connect" and all that bollocks too, like when Bono forces it with One speeches and pulling a girl up to dance every fucking show at the same moment in WOWY. There's a fine line. I liked seeing EITS and PT because they both seemed to not be too concerned one way or another and were focused on their music without being self-absorbed.
Yeah, you're not the only one surprised with that! But I'm kind of glad it's up for one more season, at least. I'm not sure if AI is replacing BB's slot for now. Ten is a shite channel though, so whatever they put in is most likely going to be rubbish.

The thing is, you take away the rock pomposity from Jagger and there isn't much left. Bands like PT and EITS were never about that sort of thing. They're not expected to prance around acting camp and making faces that would look ridiculous even compared to Polynesian tribal masks. It's not that, without use of a better term, traditional rockstars aren't expected to play music either. Of course they are. But for a lot of them, being just plain entertaining is a huge factor, it goes back to the first performers in popular music. Might sound funny coming from a shoegaze fan, but I love seeing artists prance around like dickheads onstage. Some more than others. I don't care about their ego, it's not like I'm going to run into them at the IGA.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Alright, any album recommendations? I've got Led Zeppelin IV and Rubber Soul, so far today.
Zoso and Robber Soul? The only thing I would add to that is The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "Are You Experienced?"
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #141
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yes, what the fuck is up with this trend? It's like somebody somewhere decided "oh shit, the Aussie guy feels like he's not manly enough these days; let's emphasise our products' MANLINESS! Need more customers overly conscious of their small dicks!"
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Uhhhhhh, Pearl Jam Ten, Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction, R.E.M. Automatic For the People

?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Delete them both and download Zen Arcade by Husker Du and Nowhere by Ride instead.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
That's worrying.
He's alright, if he'd needed something he would've woke me. And nothing's out of palce or destroyed. I think he just sat on the couch and read the book I saw him with when I got up in a bloody panic. Mum siad he didnt' go to sleep till 11 last night, which is way late for him, so he probably hasn't been up that long.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #145
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
He's alright, if he'd needed something he would've woke me. And nothing's out of palce or destroyed. I think he just sat on the couch and read the book I saw him with when I got up in a bloody panic. Mum siad he didnt' go to sleep till 11 last night, which is way late for him, so he probably hasn't been up that long.
Oh, no. I meant that a small child was up that long without you and didn't trash anything.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Oh, no. I meant that a small child was up that long without you and didn't trash anything.
He has autism. He was perfectly content to read the same book over and over.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #147
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, you're not the only one surprised with that! But I'm kind of glad it's up for one more season, at least. I'm not sure if AI is replacing BB's slot for now. Ten is a shite channel though, so whatever they put in is most likely going to be rubbish.

The thing is, you take away the rock pomposity from Jagger and there isn't much left. Bands like PT and EITS were never about that sort of thing. They're not expected to prance around acting camp and making faces that would look ridiculous even compared to Polynesian tribal masks. It's not that, without use of a better term, traditional rockstars aren't expected to play music either. Of course they are. But for a lot of them, being just plain entertaining is a huge factor, it goes back to the first performers in popular music. Might sound funny coming from a shoegaze fan, but I love seeing artists prance around like dickheads onstage. Some more than others. I don't care about their ego, it's not like I'm going to run into them at the IGA.
Just about everything 10 touches these days is five different kinds of shit. I can't believe they, of all people, had the good sense to bring back Good News Week - and they still manage to poison it with stupid cross-promotional bollocks that I'm sure McDermott & Co. must find bloody nauseating.

True. I guess I'm just not overly entertained by that sort of egocentric acting, except in a let's-laugh-at-it kind of way. I imagine I would have rather enjoyed seeing the classic shoegazers go about their stuff ... that's really what music's all about to me. If I wanted theatre, I'd go see a play, you know?

Also, the idea of bumping into Jagger at an IGA is fucking hysterical.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
He has autism. He was perfectly content to read the same book over and over.
I know, I'm just saying.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

You don't actually have to delete any albums, Pfan. That was just an Ax-esque twist of the arm. But if you don't have them already and are after slightly earlier classics, go for Love's Forever Changes, Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and Sunflower/Surf's Up and Curtis Mayfield's Curtis. And I envy you, knowing that you will be enjoying such great music for the first time, even if it doesn't quite tickle your fancy.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #150
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Delete them both and download Zen Arcade by Husker Du and Nowhere by Ride instead.
I've already sent him Nowhere.

Bizarrely, I don't recall him digging Seagull. SEAGULL.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread