Cinema, cinema, cinema!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
..Yea, Im bored today!......Obviously certain movies drive us to go see them on the bigger screen...................usually I wait for most to come out,,but........for all I can remember, these are the ones I saw (but not in order...
rolleyes.gif
...)

ET
Moonwalk (that was right name of Michael's movie, right?
biggrin.gif
)
Gladiator
Bridget Jones Diary
Vertical Limit
Batman and Robin
American Sweethearts
Titanic
Moulin Rouge
Never Ending Story
Amelie
Lord of the Rings
Beautiful Mind
The Matrix
Jim Carey in Ace Ventura
Jurassic Park 3
Independence Day
How to Make an American Quilt
Alive
Tomb Raider
A Time to Kill
The Nutty Professor
NottingHill
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Pearl Harbor
Bigfoot and the Hendersons
Scrooged
CastAway
Good Will Hunting

FACT! - I think the above is all that I ever saw in la Cinema.......
.................but knowing my memory, prob 5 other films will come back to me.....
biggrin.gif

FACT! - The cinema I saw Moonwalker and NES in, is gone now
frown.gif
, and was one of the oldest cinemas that was here.........also, one time I was wearing white jeans and never realised until gettin up to leave.... well, mum pointed out I had a melted rolo on my butt, therefore had to walk all way round to bus-stop with a bag swingin behind my back!

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-05-2002).]

(more facts!)

FACT! - I saw Nutty Professor and A Time To Kill with a d*ckhead of a ex-'boyfriend'......
mad.gif

FACT! - When we went to see Nutty Professor, there was only four of us in the cinema watching it.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! - I nearly slept through Pearl Harbor, only exciting bit for me was the war scene.

FACT! - When a bunch of us girls from work went to see How To Make....the scene where Winona turns round to see this hot gorgeous guy behind her at the swimming pool............just about every woman in that cinema 'whoahed' and 'groaned' and 'drooled'!
biggrin.gif

FACT! - Titanic was the only film I saw more than once......I saw it 3 times, one time with a friend, one time with another friend, and one other time I took this old lady to see it (she was in her 80s, and lived near the cinema, she wanted to see it but her son wouldn't take her, so I did - and she thoroughly enjoyed it!).....................I did cry a little at the end, but the most amazing thing to watch and feel is the crowd who are there.........you could just feel the electricity of emotion through the silence...........magik!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! - I saw Four Weddings and a Funeral with a fella, (as a date), who never once told me he was engaged to get married, and I had really liked him.............
frown.gif

FACT! - All the young teens 'phwoared' when Leo came up on screen in Titanic.

FACT! - When I watched Tombraider......we were 5 mins late, and immediately sat in the back row, which was a BIG mistake........(I wanted to see the film through curiosity and being a Angelina fan)........even though there were like 60 empty seats in front of us, I felt a bit embarrassed to be seen in there seeing that film (yes, really!), so stayed back there, in the middle, between a noisy air-conditioner and two young lads who were there to sit and chat being noisy with their popcorn, therefore found it difficult to try and concentrate on the film.

FACT! - I watched Good Will Hunting and never understood one damn thing about it.

FACT! - I have only ever jumped in my chair at two scenes: one being when the alien slams the Professor up against the misty-covered glass in Independence Day, and the other when Elijah's character in Lord Of.... is hiding from the huge monster, and it suddenly appears behind him......................!

FACT! - I found The Matrix bloody weird.

FACT! - I found American Sweethearts bloody boring.

FACT! - I watched Bigfoot and the Hendersons with my brother when we were younger and on holiday in Butlins, Ayr.

FACT! - I watched Batman and Robin with my brother, and after all the credits with U2's KHMTMKMKM, came out feeling like a tough bitch.

FACT! - I really did enjoy Michael Jackson's movie.

FACT! - I was very into Gladiators soundtrack music, more than the film itself.

FACT! - I was very into the big fantasy world of Never-Ending Story and cried when the horse sank, plus found Atreyo gorgeous!

(yet MORE facts!!!!)

FACT! - I cried at end of ET, (though I was VERY young), and will always know that was the first film I saw at The Strand before it was closed down, and being vacant for years made it spooky and ghostly, but now its re-open, saved, thank goody.

FACT! - Mum and I were late to see Scrooged, there were no seats left available, but the manager very kindly let us sit in uncomfortable positions on the doorstep of the exit, where we still enjoyed the film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! - Moulin Rouge was the best best BEST film I have ever seen on the big screen.......I could've watched it six times over after the credits..........although I do regret NOT going to see Romeo and Juliet on the biggy................

FACT! - I will never forget the film Amelie.........but only because it was the same night that afterwards we went round to the Europa where I got to meet Jimmy Nesbitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! - I found Beautiful Mind emotionally disturbing..........because of the person John Nash was............and these remind me of my brother and the hospital he used to be in for a while to get better...............its really tough seeing the faces of young lads up at locked windows, beautiful faces - mentally ill............very sad.
frown.gif

FACT! - I found Four Weddings and a Funeral a far better film than NottingHill.

FACT! - We always seem to manage to be 5 mins late for most of the films.

FACT! - I fell in love with Wilson.....

FACT! - I was very tearful when Ave Maria was being played at the end of Alive.

FACT! - I found Vertical Limit alright.........

FACT! - I found JP3 better than JP2, and enjoyed it, but the most fecking annoying ting to me was the blood-mark on Tea Leoni's cheek through most of the film......along with short hair....I dont know why but it did my head in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! - I found Bridget Jones Diary refreshing to watch, really enjoyed it and though Renee did a real good job in it!

FACT! - I, and everyone else, laughed our bollocks off very hard at the scene in Ace Ventura when Jim pretends to be doing 'off-road'!

FACT! - Lord Of......blew me away!

FACT! - I absolutely loved hearing the deep vibrational dark sound of the camera swooping on the screen, ie: the swooping in LOTR and in Moulin Rouge, esp the end bit after Satine dies and the windmill is stopping as it closes in on Christian at the window - jaysus, Im hooked completely on that sound, you just can't beat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! - I never have popcorn or drink at the cinema, just water, gum and a bagful of sweets or a lolly!

FACT! - The above are true facts!

FACT! - I have no more facts for now!

FACT! - I enjoyed giving you these facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the next movies we are going to see are The Royal Tennebaums, and 'Kate and Leopold'.....

(sorry for the 3 parts (if anyones read this!) but
tongue.gif
)

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-05-2002).]

Cool. I don't see all that many movies at the cinema myself. The last good film I saw in the theatre was "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"... and the only reason I went was because it was free. Nevertheless, I really liked it. The last lame movie I saw out was "Van Wilder," this past Monday. Ah, it had its funny moments, but was mostly filled with silly and gross bathroom humor.

FACT! I saw O Brother Where Art Thou for a dollar at a theater that smells like pee.

FACT! When I went to see Titanic I was on cruches and late. My friend and I were trying to find a seat and she accidentally sat on someone.
eek.gif
<----the gal she sat on.

Originally posted by mad1:
LMAO!!!!! oh Lily, dont make me choke.....dont make me choke Lily!!!!!

biggrin.gif

chippewa-bottle.jpg

that should help a bit.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Back
Top Bottom