Cicero question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The other day someone mentioned something to me about me helping a friend plan a romantic evening for him and his GF.... ther person said "oh, like Cicero and ?????? " (from Shakespeare I believe)

And I'm drawing a blank on the person's name (?????)

Can anyone help?

i'm pretty sure they meant Cyrano, as in Cyrano de Bergerac, as Cicero was a philosopher :shrug:

Roxanne - that was her name - Cyrano and Roxanne.

Cicero was a character in Julius Caeser. I once saw an art house play of this umm play. Completely in Italian. The 'Friends, Romans, Countrymen" speech was given by an old naked man who shoved a camera up his nose so his trachiotomy (sp?) could be projected on the big screen. Cicero was a large naked male with his back to the audience. His back had been painted to look like a double bass and he just sat on his stool swaying in time with the Nazi interogation lamp swinging from the ceiling. Until a huge load of shoes fell on him from above.

Errr, we only made it to half time. :huh:

remember Steve Martin's movie, Roxanne (with Daryl Hannah), it was a modern version of the story, losely based on Cyrano de Bergerac

Shakespeare never did anything on Cyrano though, not that any of us smarties were confused.

Shakespeare did do Troilus and Cressida though, which is similar in sound. :)

*back to homework*

Shakespeare wrote 'Julius Caeser' which includes Cicero. Elvis was correct in presuming Shakespeare wrote about Cicero, his friend just had the plot confused with Rostands 'Cyrano de Bergerac'. Easily done. I get my own personal plot confused on a daily basis. :|

Back
Top Bottom