Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'll just have to hope cin, Ms Lurky Lurk Lurker, speaks up, then. :tsk:

I love that Khan HAS the Wedding Album's b-sides :lol: that's dedication.

That would be like me owning all of Pop's b-sides

Khan owns everything by Duran Duran.

Hell, Khan owns Duran Duran.

I love that Khan HAS the Wedding Album's b-sides :lol: that's dedication.

That would be like me owning all of Pop's b-sides
lol, well to be honest, i have them because of their box sets. and oddly enough, i like the b-sides from that era better than the album tracks. but i got them/heard them earlier than that thanks to napster.

because of napster i have like every b-side/demo of duran duran and U2, since they were like my big bands at the time.

Khan owns everything by Duran Duran.

Hell, Khan owns Duran Duran.
hahaha, if i owned them god, i'd make them so much better than they are. more touring in the states, less in fucking south america. they'd go back to playing concerts like they did when no one liked them :drool: i mean like, when no one liked them earlier in this decade, since no one likes them again :lol:

np: duran duran: ordinary world (demo) :tongue:

I used to have SO much stuff from Napster. But that was back before I was really good with computers and knew how to transfer files and stuff. Now it is all gone :'(

hahaha, if i owned them god, i'd make them so much better than they are. more touring in the states, less in fucking south america. they'd go back to playing concerts like they did when no one liked them :drool: i mean like, when no one liked them earlier in this decade, since no one likes them again :lol:

np: duran duran: ordinary world (demo) :tongue:

:laugh:

What, they once had varied setlists or something?

I used to have SO much stuff from Napster. But that was back before I was really good with computers and knew how to transfer files and stuff. Now it is all gone :'(
i know what you mean. i got a virus back in like 03 or something and it wiped out my hard drive. luckily, that was back when my music collection wasn't too out of control, so most of my files were on my ipod. but still.

np: duran duran: matter of fact (another demo! :D)

:laugh:

What, they once had varied setlists or something?
:grumpy: they did! back in 05 i saw them two nights in a row and the setlists were very different. i wanted to see them the next two nights too but couldn't...next night was new orleans, just months before katrina (still regret i never got to go there before the hurricanes). the next night was orlando, where they debuted two songs (one from 81, one from 81) that had never been played live before.

:grumpy: they did! back in 05 i saw them two nights in a row and the setlists were very different. i wanted to see them the next two nights too but couldn't...next night was new orleans, just months before katrina (still regret i never got to go there before the hurricanes). the next night was orlando, where they debuted two songs (one from 81, one from 81) that had never been played live before.

But they've gotten too old and fat to change the set now?

And one from 81, one from 81? :laugh:

god, singles back in the 90s sucked so hard compared to the 80s. let's look at duran duran's biggest selling 90s single, ordinary world. we have:

ordinary world (single edit)
my antarctica (an album track off their previous album)
ordinary world (album version)
save a prayer (single version - again, obvs off an album)
skin trade (off another album)
the reflex (7" version - again, off an album)
hungry like the wolf (another single)
girls on film (yet another single)

god damn. :|

But they've gotten too old and fat to change the set now?

And one from 81, one from 81? :laugh:
lol, i guess. i don't know what it is about this tour, they're lazy. they're almost done touring for the thing! their last album came out in 04 and they toured for a nice long time. two long legs in the u.s. (ha, that sounds funny) this time? the two legs here were short, they came nowhere near me, and they're almost done. the album's been out for almost a year, and they didn't start touring until this spring, so they've been touring maybe six months.

wtf i know i typed 85. ugh. it's one from 81, one from 85. :mad:

god, singles back in the 90s sucked so hard compared to the 80s. let's look at duran duran's biggest selling 90s single, ordinary world. we have:

ordinary world (single edit)
my antarctica (an album track off their previous album)
ordinary world (album version)
save a prayer (single version - again, obvs off an album)
skin trade (off another album)
the reflex (7" version - again, off an album)
hungry like the wolf (another single)
girls on film (yet another single)

god damn. :|

* Mysterious Ways (Album Version) (4:04)
* Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix) (8:14)
* Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix) (7:00)
* Mysterious Ways (Apollo 440 Magic Hour Remix) (4:25)
* Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix) (4:27)
* Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix) (4:09)
* Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Mix) (7:06)
* Mysterious Ways (Ultimatium Mix) (5:00)

lol, i guess. i don't know what it is about this tour, they're lazy. they're almost done touring for the thing! their last album came out in 04 and they toured for a nice long time. two long legs in the u.s. (ha, that sounds funny) this time? the two legs here were short, they came nowhere near me, and they're almost done. the album's been out for almost a year, and they didn't start touring until this spring, so they've been touring maybe six months.

wtf i know i typed 85. ugh. it's one from 81, one from 85. :mad:

Maybe deep down inside, they know the album sucks and just want to get the tour over and done with.

It's true. 90s dance single crap things sucked.
yeah, looking at the tracklisting for their first box set (81-85) is much more interesting than their second (86-95) - which pisses me off. there's some b-sides in the 90s that didn't make it onto the box set which i didn't get. i mean, let's put remixes and album tracks on here but not actual new songs. it's like U2's 90s b-sides disc. so many remixes on there in place of actual songs.

plus they didn't include their 97 singles, which angers me. i mean, it's only two more discs. come on!

* Mysterious Ways (Album Version) (4:04)
* Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix) (8:14)
* Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix) (7:00)
* Mysterious Ways (Apollo 440 Magic Hour Remix) (4:25)
* Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix) (4:27)
* Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix) (4:09)
* Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Mix) (7:06)
* Mysterious Ways (Ultimatium Mix) (5:00)
:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom