Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Gear Australia makes me cry. I hate how it's so blatantly aimed at the blue collar market, too. It's not about a bunch of rich English guys driving really fancy or far-out cars, it's more like bogans driving their utes around. Who fuckin' cares? Stop thinking you know the market, TGA. People who watch Top Gear don't care about that shit!

And I'm sure that not ONCE have they attempted to turn a Holden Commodore into a jetski to get across the Great Barrier Reef, or crashed a Rodeo into Uluru. It's bullshit!

i gave up on TGA after the 2nd episode.
mostly because they ARE NOT FUNNY !

and no, the cars are not hawt either.

at least on top gear you can see some truly outstanding shiny mofo fast ass cars!

AWESOME ! im sure you will HD the fuck out of the place :up:

so how long now? like till you finish ? another year?

I don't know if I will ... got my first H2A rather than an H1 recently, and I just don't care. I simply can't give a damn. I did an exam yesterday that I effectively didn't study for. Think I winged it well but we'll see. I'm just worn out and want it all to go to hell.

This is my last year of undergrad per se. Next year is Honours.

Top Gear Australia makes me cry. I hate how it's so blatantly aimed at the blue collar market, too. It's not about a bunch of rich English guys driving really fancy or far-out cars, it's more like bogans driving their utes around. Who fuckin' cares? Stop thinking you know the market, TGA. People who watch Top Gear don't care about that shit!

And I'm sure that not ONCE have they attempted to turn a Holden Commodore into a jetski to get across the Great Barrier Reef, or crashed a Rodeo into Uluru. It's bullshit!

Even if they want to appeal to the bogan market, come ON, the bogan wants his escapism with fucking fancy cars, not the crappy ute he just hocked off to a second hand merchant so that he can go some way to financing a slightly less crappy ute on a dodgy loan from a guy who advertises on late night TV with the promise of "loans are guaranteed no matter what your credit history!"

I don't know if I will ... got my first H2A rather than an H1 recently, and I just don't care. I simply can't give a damn. I did an exam yesterday that I effectively didn't study for. Think I winged it well but we'll see. I'm just worn out and want it all to go to hell.

This is my last year of undergrad per se. Next year is Honours.

fark . i hope its worth it in the long run for you .

i feel my many years is finally worth it , i can essentially go anywhere in my industry , but my stuupid sense of loyalty holds me back . now any study i do is mostly rounding off and keeping my brain stimulated.

fark . i hope its worth it in the long run for you .

i feel my many years is finally worth it , i can essentially go anywhere in my industry , but my stuupid sense of loyalty holds me back . now any study i do is mostly rounding off and keeping my brain stimulated.

God, I hope it is. If I get my PhD and make it in academia, I'll probably be happy. If it means I get to spend months on end being paid to travel around New Zealand and Australia doing research, that'll be all kinds of win.

Good to hear that's all finally worked out for you. :up:

What's the go with that RMIT thing you've been mentioning?

God, I hope it is. If I get my PhD and make it in academia, I'll probably be happy. If it means I get to spend months on end being paid to travel around New Zealand and Australia doing research, that'll be all kinds of win.

Good to hear that's all finally worked out for you. :up:

What's the go with that RMIT thing you've been mentioning?

waiting to hear back from admissions, applications closed yesterday.

basically its about applying the principles of the victorian charter of human rights (and other similar legislation) to organisations and getting it working in practice. this is a huge new direction in my industry , as previously people with disabilites ( intellectual disabilities ) have had FUCK ALL rights under the law. service providers are pretty good but we can do sooooooooo much better, and i am in a great spot in my organisation to make it my baby.

- note to self -

hard hard crazy work ! :doh:

waiting to hear back from admissions, applications closed yesterday.

basically its about applying the principles of the victorian charter of human rights (and other similar legislation) to organisations and getting it working in practice. this is a huge new direction in my industry , as previously people with disabilites ( intellectual disabilities ) have had FUCK ALL rights under the law. service providers are pretty good but we can do sooooooooo much better, and i am in a great spot in my organisation to make it my baby.

- note to self -

hard hard crazy work ! :doh:

Ooh, sounds quite interesting. Good luck, hope you get in! :up:

Hell, you've somewhat touched on one of my academic interests, as I'm quite fascinated by the general expansion of rights that has occured over the last 100-150 years. But obviously I'm coming at that from a historian's angle, rather than any kind of practical application angle.

axver has probably fallen of his chair and died .

i should go i has much slave work to do .

:kiss:

No, I'm still here, feeling kind of mopey this evening and trying to get on with uni work. Blurgh.

If you're off, have a good one! :wave:

so I see.

I get it. You guys just can't survive without me. Shame that I'm starting to enjoy sleeping from 9-6 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom