Christmas -- what did you give?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
made my mom a copy of the audio to our 11/19 U2 concert

gave my dad some money towards the $60 he needs to join this sailing club (a dream he has, he doesn't have a boat or anything :wink: )

gave my dog a squeaky toy

nothing for the bro, oops!

gave friends lotion/money/candy

Mr. BAW:

portable DVD player
Kenzo cologne
Wallace & Gromit calendar & DVD

THE KIDS

Ricky:

$$ for new music equipment
Shane McGowan DVD
Sam's Club membership

Javier:

clothes
some kind of mixer thingy that DJ's use
skateboard shop giftcard

Daniel:

iPod Nano
skateboard shop giftcard
Tower records giftcard

Jen:

$$
Cingular gift card
Sephora gift card
shoe store gift card

THE GIRLFRIENDS

Melissa:

Ansel Adams calendar
journal
perfume

Echo:

CD's
perfume

Mr. BAW EXTENDED FAMILY

Doozer:

case of Sam Adams beer

Brother & wife:

wine

Sister:

wine

BAW's EXTENDED FAMILY

Mom & stepdad:

Toaster/egg cooker combo thing

Gram:

pajamas and slippers

Sister #1:

True Star perfume

Sister #2:

giftcard

Brother #1

giftcard

Brother #2

giftcard

Niece:

paid for her high school yearbok
leather journal

my baby girls: a boatload of toys (too many to mention) and a complimentary boatload of kisses & hugs

in-laws: gift vouchers; board games; fine chocolates; jigsaw puzzle, etc.

my family: christmas cards & $ (just what they like)

my husband: my time, grace and body (hey, it ain't cheap :D )

Last edited:
vervex said:

Ahahah can't imagine what was your budjet ! You beat me completly :p I hope they were happy at least ! You're like a Santa ;D

Everyone was very happy and appreciative! It was so fun. :) I know I didn't have to get so many gifts, but I was just so excited. I went from not knowing whether or not I was going to be employed come the holidays to starting a new job where I am actually earning more...so I figured I could afford a celebratory splurge on Christmas gifts. :D

My dad -- three books (The Murder Artist by John Case, The Cell by Colin Forbes, and Naughts and Crosses by Ian Rankin). We got Void Moonby Michael Connelly for him as well, but had to take it out of the box or it would've cost £36 to post the package rather than £18. :eek:

My stepmom -- a Norwich tea towel, a little handmade Santa, and a lotus blossom sented candle

My grandmother -- a birds of Norfolk tea towel, a Norwich mug, and a post box magnet

My mother-in-law -- a little chocolate horse and a Cream CD

My father-in-law -- some cricket game (International Cricket Captain? Something like that) for his computer

My brother-in-law -- a CD (65daysofstatic) and John Peel's biography

My brother-in-law's girlfriend -- a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD

My brother -- an Amazon.com gift certificate

My mom -- a brooch and Goodbye Lenin on DVD

My husband -- White Noise by Don DeLillo, a blue/grey jumper, an Adidas gift set, a portable Pac Man game, misc. stocking stuffers, and £50 towards our holiday later this year

Gave my family a bunch of DVDs they'd all like

Gave my cousin Grace a David Sedaris book and a cute scarf (she asked for the book)

Gave Phil two sweaters, gummy candy (his fave), and this weird dust buster/air compressor gadget from Target

My Mom: 'The Truth', by Al Franken; 'Blenheim & the Churchills' (coffee table book); 'Pride & Prejudice' DVD (the BBC version starring Colin Firth)

My Dad: A book about investing (forget the name, but he asked for it); 'Entourage, Season 1' DVD; and two U2 CDs (HTDAAB and AB- took my parents to their first U2 concert in October, and they loved it)

My Nana: Gift certificate to Talbott's

My Uncle: Leather Passport case (he's moving to Thailand in February...)

My Roommate: 'Shecky's NYC Bar & Club Guide 2006'; and a new peppermill (hers was broken)

I also participated in a volunteer program sponsored by NY Cares, where needy kids write letters to Santa and then they're distributed to volunteers. I bought my kid an electronic stuffed dog. :cute:

My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in law: Wicked Tickets at the Kennedy Center.

My Girlfriend: Purse.

My Girlfriend's Mother, Father, Grandmother, and Brother: Case of Persimmons, and Korean Yellow Melons.

Tix to U2 for the family :up:
Tix to Coldplay for my son and his girlfriend
iPod for my daughter
Tix to Billy Connolly for my hubby...

...and some burned CD's of Vertigo shows for my sister so she can get up to speed before she joins us at the March show. :)

Back
Top Bottom