Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) you Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as hung over as hell :lol: And not excited at all yet for some reason :grumpy: Haha it indeed is!

That's too bad. :down: I hope you have some fun holidays over the next week or two. Maybe you need to play Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) on repeat for awhile. :)

Oh it's not, I'm completely deserving - I can barely cope with one glass of wine, never mind anything more :lol: It's horrifically embarrising, really. Such a good song :drool: But nothing's working! I think I need some egg nog :wink:

:wave: Wayne!

Emma, here's a list with descriptions of most of the tracks on the album. :)

Stand Up
Rousing groove-based rocker with shades of Led Zep and Cream

Magnificent
Slow building anthem.......Edge at his most dynamic........"Only love can rest your mind"

Get on Your Boots
Demented electro grunge with rock and roll riff and a hip-hop twist ind the middle.........."I dont wanna talk about war between nations"

Momement of Surrender
Gorgeusly melodic............this album's One............U2 Classic.............."I did not notice the passers by/And they did not notice me". Recorded in one take.

Unknown Caller
About a man "at the end of his rope" whose phone bizarrely begins texting him random insructions.........."Reboot yourself, Password enter here, Youre free to go!"

No Line on the Horizon
Abrasive punk..........few versions hanging around.............its the buzzcocks meets Bow Wow Wow!

Crazy Tonight
Upbeat 60's pop track era of Phil Spector..........."I'll go crazy I dont go crazy tonight" Sounds like a slogan for a tour T shirt!!!

Every Breaking Wave
With or Without You style building up layers of guitar over electroncially enhance verses............Key line "Every Sailor knows that the Sea/Is a friend made enemy"

Breathe
Arabic cello gives way to joyful chorus. Bran Eno says this is U2's best ever song.

Winter
6 minute ballad. Acoustic string laden ballad about a soldier in the snow in Afganistan. Will appear in the new film 'Brothers' starring Tobey Maguire.

Cedars of Lebanon
In the style of a war correspondent lyric from Bono.............end with "Choose your enemies carefully cos they will define you"

Ooh that, I've seen that, I thought you meant the new edition was out already. Cheers for posting though Justin. How real does that make everything seem?! :hyper:

I'm feeling that Breathe will be my favourite song.

Hey Zee :wave:

I think Christmas is only commercial if you make it like that for yourself - despite not being a Christian, I'll always have a soft spot for it just because it's so widely celebrated over here.

Christmas is overrated, anyone agree? It's a huge commerical thing now and nothing to do with the actual reasons.....

I completely disagree. :wink: Is it a commerical thing now? Sure. Have the actual reasons lost meaning? Yeah, but as an atheist I am a little happy that it isn't restricted to a Christian holiday. It is still a wonderful time because you have fun and are giving. You have time to spend with friends and family. It makes a lot of people happy and allows you to make others happy too. That's not overrated. I think it's a wonderful thing. :)

Yeah... I suppose.

I got like 7 Christma e-cards from friends which I'm still looking at... :lol: Just proves my point that everyone gets into the holiday spirit!

Hi Emma daahling :wave:

Yeah... I suppose.

I got like 7 Christma e-cards from friends which I'm still looking at... :lol: Just proves my point that everyone gets into the holiday spirit!

Hi Emma daahling :wave:

E cards :grumpy: For some reason, e-cards seem the most cynical thing in my opinion. It's christmas for goodness sake! Shell out on the postage and pretty, glittery card :madwife: :lol:

Zee my dearest :flirt:

E cards :grumpy: For some reason, e-cards seem the most cynical thing in my opinion. It's christmas for goodness sake! Shell out on the postage and pretty, glittery card :madwife: :lol:

:lol: Glittery cards. I agree though. It seems so much more meaningful to know someone put some effort into sending it even if it was as simple of putting the address on it and going to the post office. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom