Christmas Pie, Surrey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's official: fire > saturday night. not like it was ever up for debate, but still.

Agreed. Saturday Night is pretty good, but Fire is awesome and I've never quite understood why it's so reviled as incomplete or boring on this forum.

oh wow, itunes genius is, well, genius. i picked one song and it made pretty much the best playlist ever.

I don't get why I need to register an iTunes account with my credit card details and shit just to make Genius work. I'd rather not give them my credit card details unless I actually want to bloody buy something!

Agreed. Saturday Night is pretty good, but Fire is awesome and I've never quite understood why it's so reviled as incomplete or boring on this forum.
agreed. i've said it before, but fire's my favourite song on the album. tomorrow's a close second. if anything, i think saturday night sounds kind of incomplete. musically, it's all there, but the lyrics are what i'd expect from a demo.

I don't get why I need to register an iTunes account with my credit card details and shit just to make Genius work. I'd rather not give them my credit card details unless I actually want to bloody buy something!
really? that's odd. do you have a paypal account? i know for the us itunes store anyway, you can use your paypal account instead. it is dumb that you even need to have an account to use the feature.

really? that's odd. do you have a paypal account? i know for the us itunes store anyway, you can use your paypal account instead. it is dumb that you even need to have an account to use the feature.

I don't have a Paypal account, but either way, I don't want to give them any financial information. I've no desire to buy anything, so why should I give them credit card or Paypal details? It's daft.

agreed. i've said it before, but fire's my favourite song on the album. tomorrow's a close second. if anything, i think saturday night sounds kind of incomplete. musically, it's all there, but the lyrics are what i'd expect from a demo.

I love Fire's music, and the lyrics are a whole lot more complete and coherent than some of the other songs on October. I mean, I love Rejoice, but WTF is up with the lyrics?

I don't have a Paypal account, but either way, I don't want to give them any financial information. I've no desire to buy anything, so why should I give them credit card or Paypal details? It's daft.
oh, i understand. though for paypal all you need to do is give them your login information, but still. for me, since i've bought stuff from apple's website and have used paypal tons over the years, it's not a big deal for me. i still don't know why you have to have a store account to use the genius feature. it doesn't require accessing information from the itunes store or anything, it's solely from the music on your computer.

He was fondling you last night.
:mad: how dare he take advantage of me in my altered state. (let's say i found out the hard way this morning my new migraine preventative medicine is really strong - i could barely walk, i was so dizzy.)

What kind are you looking for?
it's a very specific one, i want a wool one with navy and yellow. the stripes have to be horizonal and fairly thick (like 4" or so? basically not the tiny stripes) and preferably around 6' long. it's a present for someone (if i can find one that is) and it's sort of an inside joke, which is why everything's so precise. the only striped ones i can find are all these multi-colour ones. i wish i knew how to knit.

I love Fire's music, and the lyrics are a whole lot more complete and coherent than some of the other songs on October. I mean, I love Rejoice, but WTF is up with the lyrics?
(i thought that said "i love finn's music" at first :reject:)

agreed. and i love ragging on the lyrics for i fall down. it's a good album though musically, and occasionally lyrically. sure it sounds rushed, but so does pop. i love both albums anyway.

oh, i understand. though for paypal all you need to do is give them your login information, but still. for me, since i've bought stuff from apple's website and have used paypal tons over the years, it's not a big deal for me. i still don't know why you have to have a store account to use the genius feature. it doesn't require accessing information from the itunes store or anything, it's solely from the music on your computer.

i bet it just wants me to accidentally buy shit. :wink:

:mad: how dare he take advantage of me in my altered state. (let's say i found out the hard way this morning my new migraine preventative medicine is really strong - i could barely walk, i was so dizzy.)

Suddenly you're feeling gravity more.

(i thought that said "i love finn's music" at first :reject:)

agreed. and i love ragging on the lyrics for i fall down. it's a good album though musically, and occasionally lyrically. sure it sounds rushed, but so does pop. i love both albums anyway.

I love Finn's music. Neil Finn's.

I think my love for October is no secret. I have to wonder how many people just rate it on expectation that it'll suck. When I was getting into U2, more than one person told me not to hurry with Pop or October, since they supposedly both suck. Glad I didn't listen to that advice.

I love Finn's music. Neil Finn's.

I think my love for October is no secret. I have to wonder how many people just rate it on expectation that it'll suck. When I was getting into U2, more than one person told me not to hurry with Pop or October, since they supposedly both suck. Glad I didn't listen to that advice.
:depressed:

ha, luckily i got into the band before the internet was popular, so aside from my aunt, i didn't have anyone's opinions to taint my listening experiences. music buying was great back then because you could listen to music without dealing with anyone's prejudices towards the music. unless it was a brand new album and i read a review, i had no idea what anyone thought of it. though the internet's not all bad, if it weren't for the internet, i would've never found out about the passengers album.

all lowercase sentence :drool: it probably does. next thing you know rihanna's new album is downloading to your computer!

Bah. The capslock on this Macbook is pretty crap. Actually, every Macbook I've ever used has had a crap capslock that I sometimes have to hit repeatedly to make it work. It's frustrating. But I'll be using another keyboard at home, so that's OK.

I bet you've actually bought Rihanna's new album deliberately. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom