Christmas Memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I thought it would be fun if we were to post our favourite happy, or funny Christmas season tales. I know alot of folks (including me) have a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit.. so this might help. :)

One of my fondest memories is of my grandfather (who is no longer with us) dressing up as Santa when my sister and I were young.

When my grandmother (who has long since passed away) gave me the Barbie Dream House that I just had to have

Seeing the picture for the first time of when I was little and had my picture taken with Santa-I was terrified and screaming

When my father used a sled to make tracks on the roof in the snow to try to prove that Santa was there and I was still young enough to believe it. I'm sure it must have been my mother's idea

When I found out Santa didn't exist by seeing my mother bringing all our gifts over from the neighbor's house during the night

Finding the hiding place for the gifts and opening them and then fixing the wrapping back up :shifty: eventually I even told my mother that we did that

When I caught the mall Santa checking me out :wink: it was creepy yet funny. I still remember it every time I pass a mall Santa

When I had one of the lowest points ever in my life on Christmas Eve and found the strength somehow to keep going, actually I know just how I got it and I consider it my own Christmas miracle. When I feel down during the holidays (and I usually do at one point or another) I think of that year and try not to get back to that place again.

I remember getting really spoilt every Christmas, I'd always get up first but I'd wake my brother and sister too because I was afraid if I went to the living room alone Santa might be there. We'd always go to the kitchen to make sure the old bloke had drank his milk and we were always really impressed that he even managed to put his dishes in the dishwasher on the most busy night of the year.

A few years ago when my oldest brother was able to make it home to spend Christmas with the family

The first Christmas we were living in a different house because we had lost one that year in a fire along with just about everything we owned. Our living room was so crowded with presents that it was hard to walk. Was like a dream come true with the presents we received that year.

Lara Mullen said:
I remember getting really spoilt every Christmas, I'd always get up first but I'd wake my brother and sister too because I was afraid if I went to the living room alone Santa might be there. We'd always go to the kitchen to make sure the old bloke had drank his milk and we were always really impressed that he even managed to put his dishes in the dishwasher on the most busy night of the year.

:cute:

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

PoundPuppy.jpg

Re: A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Bonochick said:

:lol: :cute:

I remember getting those!

One of the best Christmas memories I have is when I was about 5 years old. I had wanted a doll house so much. My dad ended up building me one from scratch, and I was so shocked when I actually got it. There's the cutest picture ever of my expression when I first walked into our living room and saw it underneath the tree. I wish I could find that picture - I looked like I was about to fall over I was so surprised and happy. :giggle: The doll house was such a work of art.

This thread's making me all sentimental :sad:

Okay here's probably the best Christmas memory I have: When I was little, I shared a room with my sister, and my bed was nearest the bedroom door, which we kept open at night. The bathroom was just a few feet down the hall. Okay, so on Christmas Eve, I woke up in the middle of the night and was sure I could hear the sound of water running, and somebody scrubbing something in the bathroom. Well, I had a really overactive imagination, so I made up this whole scenario in my head about how Santa had eaten the cookies and fudge we'd left him, but had messed up his white gloves with the chocolate fudge, so now he was in our bathroom, scrubbing his glove clean :lol:

I think one of the funnest things about Christmas was barely sleeping on Christmas eve, anticipating Santa's arrival. There were four of us, and we'd take turns waking up in the middle of the night and checking the living room for presents. Whoever spotted them first, went and woke up everyone else. We'd play with our new presents for about an hour (our parents still asleep) and then we'd go back to bed.

And there was also the time we were all eating breakfast or something on Christmas morning, and the cat brought us a mouse he'd caught :giggle:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Finding the hiding place for the gifts and opening them and then fixing the wrapping back up :shifty: eventually I even told my mother that we did that
I'm tempted to do that right now! There's already a wrapped DVD under the tree for me, from my sister who lives on the other side of the country. :crack: I need to know what it is! :scream:

We had the greatest Christmas' in our little home. I remember one Christmas eve I woke up in the middle of the night and I was absolutely sure I saw Santa. It probably was just the tree and the darkness mixing in... but boy did it make me happy. I remember I told a lady the next day in church that I saw Santa and she said "Of course you did dear" :grumpy:

Also usually we cooked the turkey Christmas eve, so sleeping was difficult between the excitement and the heat. My brother would always make me go in and wake up Mom and Dad. :giggle: Every frikkin time!

A couple years ago when we noticed a weird smell in the house Christmas eve but couldn't figure out what it was. Our old fridge promptly croaked around 2am Christmas morning and spilled oil all over the floor. The turkey was already in the oven. My brother cut the turkey up into white meat, dark meat and dressing when it was done, put that in little baggies and into the freezer. Whenever we wanted turkey we'd just take what we wanted from a baggie and nuke it in the microwave. That was oddly enough, one of the best tasting turkeys ever.

Oh, yeah...how could I ever forget that day? All year, 12 freakin' months, waiting for Xmas morning, knowing that a Monty Montana's rifle and pistol set was waiting for me beneath that tree! :drool:

"Mijo, go open that box!"

Was it time? was this it? the box looked kinda small...Ok, here it goes....rip!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

"Its a baby sister!"

I lost all faith in life as I knew it! screwed forever. :sad:

1170846-sm.jpg

^ ^ ^ ^

DOOZER

Mr. BAW said:
Oh, yeah...how could I ever forget that day? All year, 12 freakin' months, waiting for Xmas morning, knowing that a Monty Montana's rifle and pistol set was waiting for me beneath that tree! :drool:

Was it time? was this it? the box looked kinda small...Ok, here it goes....rip!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

"Its a baby sister!"

1170846-sm.jpg

^ ^ ^ ^

DOOZER

:lmao: :lmao:

:cute:

Porky pies, Mr Baw :grumpy:
:lol:

I remember lots of the toys we got for Christmas.

Like the year I got the cricket doll and on boxing day my Da tinkered with it and wrecked it. Cricket never sang again. :sad:

25801.JPG

My sister and I used to get a lot of matching things and we also wore the same outfit. One year it was Tiny Tears, the next it was a heart shaped Polly Pocket that had lights inside and a castle. We always got a annual too, I would get Bunty and my sister would get Twinkle for little girls.

When I was about 4 we watched "The Snowman" at school and I asked for the movie which we now watch each year. That Christmas there are lots of pictures of me with different Snowman related presents. Recently my Dad has started to buy me a snowman gift every Christmas, three in a row I've received the same book. :lmao:

Mr. BAW said:

WTF!!!!!

"Its a baby sister!"

1170846-sm.jpg

^ ^ ^ ^

DOOZER

:kiss: And your life has never been the same!

Another Christmas memory...

When I was a kid, I always wanted a Barbie Dream House. However, my family lived in a mobile home that wasn't very big, and there really wasn't room for one. They were also pretty expensive. We ended up getting a new house when I was 10...had the mobile home taken off of our property. My sister and I had huge rooms. :love: On Christmas morning, a Barbie Dream House was sitting next to the tree. :hyper: I still have it set up. :) My parents said they always felt bad they could never get me a Barbie house, and they felt maybe I was outgrowing Barbies by the time they were able to get me one...but apparently not. :D

My mother was a principal at a school, and she kept the children´s gifts that "santa" would give to the students the next day, but I was so exited by all those gifts that I couldn´t resist and I did steal like a dozen of them :giggle: Of course my mother and the other principal got me and the next day santa didn´t give me a gift, he even arrived to the school in a helicopter :ohmy:

My christmas always had been fantastic, but since my father and mother died it´s not the same :sad:

How can I forget my bike!!!! and all my barbies!!!!!:ohmy:

Last edited:
Lara Mullen said:
Tiny Tears

:heart:

(though I think I perhaps used to give Tiny Tears a bit too much to drink. Instead of gentle tears it was more like a stream and she used to choke up quite a lot (Read: pints) of water out of her mouth too. I also remember carrying her round by her arms and legs a lot too which perhaps didn't help matters...)

TheQuiet1 said:

:heart:

(though I think I perhaps used to give Tiny Tears a bit too much to drink. Instead of gentle tears it was more like a stream and she used to choke up quite a lot (Read: pints) of water out of her mouth too. I also remember carrying her round by her arms and legs a lot too which perhaps didn't help matters...)

:lol:

MrsSpringsteen said:

I still did this up until last year :reject:

The year I got a barbie dream house and a bike. I think my mom worked 3 jobs up until christmas.

Back
Top Bottom