Christmas List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What's on everyone's Christmas list for 2005? or have you been too naughty to get anything this year? What are you getting others?

I'm hoping to get a printer for my digital camera.

Not really sure what to get my folks, but my brother will probably be getting an xbox 360 game from me.

Mine:

- Squier Precision bass (not likely to happen)
- Fender bass amp (again, not likely to happen)
- Ticket to Australia to see U2 (EXTREMELY unlikely)

And since neither of those will work out, my real Christmas list. Either one of these would be awesome!

- Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal / Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
- Digital camera
- New iPod

As for what I'm getting other people, I've no idea! I know I'll be getting my father the new Pink Floyd DVD when it comes out, but other than that, not a clue.

Last night I bought my boyfriend a U2 ipod (2nd hand of course), I cannot wait to give it to him!

As for my list, noooooooo idea but I`ll look here for ideas!

Last edited:
I really haven't even thought of anything for myself...except for the new U2 DVD, as I doubt I will be able to purchase it before the holidays. I have to watch my money myself, since I don't know what's happening with my job, and I also want to buy presents for others...and I have no clue what to buy. :sigh:

I've had my eye on a personal portable DVD player, one I can use on an airplane or in the car while I'm waiting on appointments ... any suggestions as to brand...? check out which or stay away from what???? :|

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:lmao:

nice one!

as for me i haven't really though about it.
my birthday is just before xmas so it all kinda gets rolled into one and this year i think my folks are planning on hitting it early and giving me stuff i'm gonna need for my trip to boston in december, stuff like money to spend and warm clothes!!

i do want anton's "u2 and i" book though which i haven't got yet but i don't dare ask my folks for that cause they think i'm nuts - they don't even know i'm seeing a concert in boston, for all they know its a regular holiday! (yes, i'm 24 and i am still terrified of my mothers judgement!)

really though, i plan on buying myself all the things i really want at the moment - new ipod, digital camera etc - its just too expensive to ask someone else to get them for me.

so realistically a book, a dvd and some perfume.

the real question is what to get everyone else :huh:

I've already bought the one thing I wanted ... a brand new car !! :bow:
I never have to ask for anything at Christmas because my family only has a grab bag, in which the whole family participates in.
We buy one gift card/certificate (for $100) and everyone wraps it up like a present, then we pick one. After we pick, we play one more round and try to remember what everyone has so we can swap with someone if we don't like the gift card/certificate we originally got in the first place. :evil:
It's really fun ... the only time we aren't too happy is if we get a gift card/certificate we don't want then it's kinda a bummer. :ohmy:
But, this year we plan to do this grab bag a little different and get gift cards/ certificates to equal that $100 ... meaning it doesn't have to be one card only ... it can be 2 at $50 each, or 4 at $25 each. :up:
We all thought this would be more fun as we can have SEVERAL different cards/certificates as a present instead of just one altogether. :applaud:

And as for U2 things ... I've already got everything that's out so far !! :wink:

1stepcloser said:

Teachers:bow:

you should get into it. it's great. the first 2 series were anyway!

:love:

I agree, but I did find the Ping/Bob situation very funny in the last season.

Eliv8 said:
Peace on earth
&
Tofu Turkey

I've had a nutroast for Christmas for the past few years - tofu is in stupidly short supply in the south of England :shrug:. Alas, I can't convince the family to join in though.

Last edited:
I would like Peace on Earth and Happiness for All and a cure for AIDS, food for the hungry, wipe out poverty, clean water for All. I would like some accessories for my new U2 iPod but chances are I will be buying them for myself on eBay. And I'd like an estranged friendship to renew. One can dream....so DREAM OUT LOUD!

I would to have my credit card bills paid off from all of the U2 shows I'm attending and the Airplane Tix:huh: and rental cars and parking and................

:hyper: Christmas :hyper:

But anyway.
I know I'm getting U2: At the End of the World (I saw it in the mail :wink: )

I've already gotten my new bass and amp :love:

I need a new iPod (or something similar), but that's never gonna happen, cos I already have a mini, but its full (I've already sacrificed so many good artists :sad: ), and nobody apart from me can understand why I need to have a heap of versions of the same U2 songs over and over. :sigh: Guess I'll have to buy that one for myself.

Tickets to see U2 would be nice, but I'm gonna pay for them myself I think. (And Daddy can pay for my plane ticket. :macdevil: Daddy always pays. )
And don't all you people come and flood Aust with U2 fans. I'm counting on being the only one in the ellipse. :wink:

I pretty much just want a whole heap of cd's and music valchers. So much music I want/need... So little space on my iPod...

Oh, gosh. I haven't even thought about what I want yet.
I bought my husband a new Advantium/Convection microwave oven for our new kitchen.
I guess I could use a new pair of cowboy boots, the Anton book and some perfume.

If I had to make a personal wish for something "I" wanted....
All I really want is one person, but it's kind of a difficult thing to explain. Maybe I can work out a deal with The Big Man...

-- :macdevil: --

As far as material items......
nothing really.

If I can't have (see above), then a cell phone in order to better communcate with (see above) would be great
I don't really need anything, though.

if I won the lottery, I'd get some cool Bono shades, and maybe a nice black leather jacket. But those are things I don't ever expect getting,so I would never ask for them.

My wish would be that I everyone in my family has things work out for them, since certain people are having hard times. And really,some worldly things, as in stuff around the world. I suppose that is equally as important - sisters and brothers....

I don't really need a whole lot. Maybe I'd ask for some continued good health, and ... wow, I am sounding so cliche............ but like, if god has a certain plan for me, then I'd want the ability to carry it out, etc.

I am sort of having a hard time figuring out what I should do with my life/how to spend it and stuff. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom