Christmas is almost here!!!- NOW PLAYING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2

I drove up North to see my family ... they live in the Southwest Chicago suburbs ... I live in Central Illinois.

I brought alot of gifts and received alot too ... this is the time of year when seeing my family is well worth the trip !!
Okay, I'm kidding on that last point :wink:

Tut tut Ms Mofo! :shame:

:laugh:

How long was your drive? What was the best thing you got?

David Bowie - Young Americans:wink:

About 95 minutes !! :tsk: (that's 1 hour and 35 mins)
If the traffic is light, I usually save 20 mins or so ... I can make it in 75 mins (1 hour and 15 mins)

I got alot of Gift Cards ($100 dominations each, except Best Buy) ::

Barnes & Noble
Best Buy ... (2 gift cards $150 each)
Wal-Mart / Sam's Club
K-Mart / Sears Essentials
Outback Steakhouse
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Bath and Body Works

I make out like a 'bandit' every year !! :bow:
But, I gave alot back to my family too ... my brother and sisters all got clothes and wine from me ... and my folks got a new digital camera, new cell phones and a home entertainment system (TV with VCR and DVD combo plus speakers)

They were all real happy !! :wink:

and My 'Love' gave me a romantic weekend getaway (for after New Year's) to the Sybaris. :flirt: :drool:
It's a very high-priced pool suite ... the bathrobes alone are worth going there ... besides the wine, roses, and suites. :love:

Stevie Nicks - Silent Night

Wow! That's quite a list Carek :wink: is it a hotel near to you you're off to? I had hoped to get away in the New Year myself :(

Caroni :wave: How was your Xmas?

Chris Rhea - The Road To Hell

susanp6 said:
Wow! That's quite a list Carek :wink:

:hmm: I didn't know I was now Carek !! :scratch:

You made a boo-boo ... you made a boo-boo !! :lol:

Originally posted by susanp6
is it a hotel near to you you're off to?

It's about 20 minutes from my family ... I live in the 'boondocks' or 'boonies' ... I only have some familiar stores/restaurants near my home. But, the Village tends to be changing that lately as they are building more and more stores (it's still not alot of popular chains though ... but given time, I guess !!)

Run, Run Rudolph - Bob Seger

:( :reject: alcohol's starting to affect me.

That sounds completely baffling to me, the area you're describing!

Annie Lennox - Why? :sad:

Susan, I'm about 100 miles SW of Chicago in the Central part of Illinois...
My folks are about 35 miles SW from Chicago and I'm about another 65 miles SW from them.
If I ever need to do any major shopping ... I always travel the 75-95 minutes up North to my family's area (since they have the popular well-known stores)
I'm thinking of selling my home and move back up closer to my family ... just because I get bored sometimes here down in the boonies. But, I like my employment here ... :happy:
I've been employed with my company for almost 20 yrs now and I get paid very well on the night-shift !! :up:
Don't let the years fool ya ... I'm alot younger than you might think !! :wink:

The Coventry Carol - Alyson Moyet

Last edited:
Ah that's a very clear picture you describe there Ms Mofo :up: i can see how that might be a dilemma for you but i suppose it's not a very long trip by US standards :no: i mean over here, that's just a bit further than from here - Glasgow to Edinburgh which is quite an ok journey :yes: i worked nightshift for a time&was ok with it after a few days adjusting!

Boonies sounds funny almost like goonies :lol:

Leona - A Moment Like This

:lol: there's lots of funny sounding place names in Scotland too like Auchtermuchty :lmao: even i can barely pronounce it! :no:

U2 - Window In The Skies

:wave: hi everyone. hope yousins all had a nice christmas.

girls aloud - wake me up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom