Christmas Day Moviegoers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
We have pretty much made a tradition of going to the movies on Christmas Day, since there are no more kiddies in the family to help make the occasion so much more fun.

The big Christmas Day Releases are being advertised.....anyone else out there planning to go to the movies on Christmas Day? What are you planning to see?

I think we've agreed to see The Bucket List.

I went to see Elf a few years ago and will definitely see Trek XI next year.

This year, I'm not too sure. If anything, it'd be Juno, Walk Hard, or There Will Be Blood (which probably won't even hit near me until January).

It wasn't a firm tradition, but sometimes if I'm home for Christmas and there are other random relatives around, we'll hit a flick Christmas night.

I've never done that, I've always wondered if it's crowded or deserted. I assume more crowded that night.

I went on Thanksgiving once, it was crowded.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I've never done that, I've always wondered if it's crowded or deserted. I assume more crowded that night.

I went on Thanksgiving once, it was crowded.

I've gone on Christmas day about 6 times. Some of them wer4e crowded, some there were just a handful of people in the theatre (which I like). The earlier in the day the less crowded it seems to be. It's kind of a crap shoot though depending on the geographic area and how many die hard moviegoers in that area who make it a habit of going to a movie on that day.

We have been going to the movies on XMAS for 15 -16 years now. There are more and more restaurants open now so we usually go to an afternoon flick and then grab a bite afterwards.

Most of the big holiday releases are out this weekend or earlier this year, as for movies actually coming out on Christmas, I'll be checking out Denzel Washington's new directorial effort The Great Debaters.

The Great Debators actually looks pretty good too, I was watching some reviews and interviews with some of the stars of that movie. I might want to see that one over the holidays as well!

If I went I'd probably see Denzel's movie. That said, I have little kids so that's kind of out. When they're grown I might do the movie thing, I'm down south now and away from most of mine & my wife's families.

I used to go every Christmas night to the movies with my friend. It was a tradition of our's though sometimes we would hit the movies up during the afternoon. Discovered that most of the time it's more crowded late afternoon and at night then earlier in the day.

Continuing the tradition this year except it will be with Mike this time. We are going to go see The Chipmunks :cute:

Anyone want to see Aliens vs. Predator with me?

Anyone?

Ladies? Anyone? Bueller?

No one in it may be as delicious as Johnny Depp, but shit gets messed up in that movie, son.

I'll be watching Sweeny Todd with my boyfriend
and some close friends,
though if it was completely up to me
I would be seeing No Country for Old Men, I've been dying to see it

add to the list of movies I haven't see yet: I'm Not There, Atonement, Juno and Walk Hard.
I think next year I'm gonna start going to the theaters solo, I went once or twice by myself a while back but then some creep ruined it, I have to grow some courage and start over.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Anyone want to see Aliens vs. Predator with me?

Anyone?

Ladies? Anyone? Bueller?

I saw some of Ferris Bueller last night :up: Turned Maddy onto it a couple of weeks ago. Another classic.

And no, no Aliens vs. Predator for me :|

Back
Top Bottom