christmas cd...need help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
im looking for a christmas cd. and i want it to sound like metallica's "s&m" album. do you guys know what i mean? its like guitar meets symphony. please help. i also want to be able to buy it online.

No clue what you're talking about.

But the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (a symphony that incorporates rock music...electric guitar, etc. It's awesome) has A LOT of Christmas stuff...they did a cover of Carol of the Bells a few years ago with Metallica.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

But the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (a symphony that incorporates rock music...electric guitar, etc. It's awesome) has A LOT of Christmas stuff...they did a cover of Carol of the Bells a few years ago with Metallica.

No shit?! That's my favorite Christmas song. Is that version any good? Should I look for this record?

i don't know. The thing is with TSO, you either love their stuff or hate it. It takes a bit of getting used to. Hard rockin' e-guitar in the misdt of a Christmas symphony can be a bit hard to swallow (case in point: I love it, my mom would rather poke her eyes out with a blunt pencil)..

My best advice is: download some TSO stuff...if you find you're enjoying get the album.... ;)

Hope that helps.

Ooh, and martha...let me know what you think...I'd be interested in finding out! :up: :happy:

I totally agree. If you're looking for electric guitar meets sympohny, the TSO it is. For me, it's a bit much, but I prefer traditional jazzy xmas music. They do have some great songs. Their Carol of the Bells is very good for a non-traditional version. My sister adores their Chrsitmas CD, so I get lots of exposure to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom