Chris Noth returning to Law & Order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Oh, I just have to share with someone! I`m so happy - this has made my day!

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Chris Noth's guest appearance this weekend on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is the start of something big.

Noth, who left the original "Law & Order" 10 years ago, will become a regular on the spinoff beginning next season, series spokeswoman Pam Ruben Golum said Tuesday.

He will split duties with current series lead Vincent D'Onofrio, who's continuing as police Detective Robert Goren. Each actor will appear in 11 episodes for the fifth season. The NBC series airs at 9 p.m. EST Sunday.

Noth's casting will ease the work load for D'Onofrio, who was hospitalized briefly last year for exhaustion.

"The hardest job in show business is being a single lead on an hour drama series," said "Law & Order" creator and executive producer Dick Wolf. "Vincent has done an unbelievable job for the last four seasons, but after 3 1/2 years, the grueling pace finally took its toll."

He called Noth's addition to the show an "ideal solution."

Noth, who was Sarah Jessica Parker's love interest, Mr. Big, on HBO's "Sex and the City," will again play police Detective Mike Logan, his character from 1990-95 on "Law & Order."

I`m not crazy about that particular spinoff but I think it`s mainly because of Vincent D'Onofrio - he tries too hard, I think. Chris Noth's appearance (he was fab in the originals!) will have me watching it regularly again!!

And there`s another spin-off coming in March as well....I love this show - I could watch L&O over and over and over again...

yes, also mourning Jerry Orbach :sad:

I :heart: Law and Order though and I :heart: Mr. Big!!!!

Well, I can`t wait for the new spin-off - some of the episodes will feature Jerry Orbach and the rumour, until now, was that Chris Noth would take over in that spinoff and not share lead role at C.I. Oh well, I`ll take what I can get of him!!

I was a huge fan of L&O - especially when Chris Noth was in the cast - but for the last few years, I've been more drawn to SVU. The few episodes I've seen of CI left me a bit.... disappointed. But now that Noth is going to step in, I'll be a lot more inclined to give it a second chance!! :yes: :up:

I think regular L&O is my favorite, and my favorite show. I start watching every night at 7 on TNT, then switch over to USA for SVU or network TV for new episodes, then back to USA for SVU until midnight or so. I love Sam Waterston and the trials always end up being my favorite parts of the show. I also like SVU b/c it's easier to follow or catch up on if you missed the first five minutes of the show. Criminal Intent is just kinda strange sometimes.

Wow, has it really been 10 years since he left L&O? I just saw an episode with Noth and Jill Hennessey today (dubbed in French and known as "Le loi et l'ordre") and that cast was so amazing. Not like the last "is this because I'm a lesbian?" ADA. Regular L&O just isn't the same without Orbach, the latest DA isn't that great, and Jesse L Martin is going off to do the movie of "Rent," so I don't know if I'll even bother to watch any longer. SVU is well-acted but the stories are so dark that it's hard for me to watch. I love CI though, and I'm really looking forward to Noth's return.

:dance:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I think regular L&O is my favorite, and my favorite show. I start watching every night at 7 on TNT, then switch over to USA for SVU or network TV for new episodes, then back to USA for SVU until midnight or so.

I want those channels :drool:

me and my hubby are addicted to this show now.
you can really learn alot about the legal system by watchin it.

why do the female lawyers and detectives always have to be major babes though? dont ya think they should have atleast one that is believable...cant she be a wee bit overweight and have a stupid hairstyle and maybe a blemish or two?

come on!

why do the female lawyers and detectives always have to be major babes though?

I totally agree! The last ADA on regular L&O could barely get her lines out. I thought Angie Harmon was okay (and she improved over time) but I loved Robinette & Kincaid most. They were both good-looking, but also seemed tough and intelligent. The rest? Meh. And on CI Kathryn Erbe gets hardly anything to do at all, which sucks.

I also think L&O could stand to hire a woman who looks real-- Molly Price on Third Watch is attractive, but not perfectly ethereally beautiful, and she's normal sized and can act. I wish they'd cast someone like her one of these days...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom