Chris Martin is sounding like Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This could easily be a Bono quote from the early 90s:

"I think for a long time people felt like we were a band in black-and-white, and now we feel like because we have this incredible job, now we can do whatever we like and try all kinds of new things," Martin said.

does that mean x&y was their rattle and hum?

it was supposed to be their joshua tree, right?

U2Man said:

I thought it was supposed to be their Unforgettable Fire (I know they had a poster of it up during the sessions).

That explains a lot.

LemonMelon said:

I thought it was supposed to be their Unforgettable Fire (I know they had a poster of it up during the sessions).

That explains a lot.
Yes, it TRIED to be their TUF, but it never managed it...

I think that now they joined to Eno, they're gonna try to make a JT.

Martin's statement is exactily - by other words - what Bono makes to self promote U2 before releasing an album.

F-off Chris!

Apparently Coldplay's quintessential song has the working title "The Location at Which The Signs Next To Roads Are Blank" :wink:

AtomicBono said:
Apparently Coldplay's quintessential song has the working title "The Location at Which The Signs Next To Roads Are Blank" :wink:

Sounds indietastic.

U2Man said:

they're doing U2 on fast-forward (and replacing the post-punk of 80-83 with emo). chris martin had an interview this past summer/fall in which he said that they had to reinvent themselves and get away from the piano/vocalist thing. my guess is that the next album is supposed to be their achtung baby, but will end up being more joshua-tree-ish.

xaviMF22 said:

WITS = horrible song :yuck:

It sounds like the worst parts of Atomic Bomb and X&Y mixed together.

I reckon Coldplays next album will be their Achtung as well. Whoever said they are in a career on fast forward is correct. I think they've got the sense to give it a serious shake this time around.

The songs on X&Y aren't bland. The album was just flawed and incohesive and all over the joint. There were too many b-sides (Things I Don't Understand, The World Turned Upside Down)) that deserved to be on the album proper, and too many album tracks that sounded out of place (Til Kingdom Come, A Message. Hardest Part).

X&Y could've been a classic, them Coldplay boys sure have an aptitude for writing great tunes...

Back
Top Bottom