Chris Cornell/Soundgarden/Audioslave Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Chris Cornell/Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple Of The Dog Thread

Had a Chris Cornell link, and didn't know where exactly to post it, so thought I'd make a thread to cover it all.

Got this link from a friend yesterday. This should take you to a live concert of Chris in Seattle. Listening now!

http://music.msn.com/chriscornell?

ChrisCornell12_75.jpg

Last edited:
and Temple of the Dog!

Say Hello 2 Heaven is Cornell at his best :up:

Well, seeing this Seattle concert, I have the admit, being the post-Soundgarden Cornell critic that I am, that his voice sounds a lot better now then it did in the Audioslave years.

The setlists are amazing, he plays fan favorites (Loud Love, Pretty Noose, Burden in My Hand, Sunshower...), songs never played live before (Zero Chance), variable setlists...

Say Hello To Heaven :drool: :drool: :drool:

If only he would play Tighter and Tighter, my favorite Soundgarden song ever, that was never played live.

I've never been a raging fan of Soundgarden, and I only liked Audioslave's first record, but I've always really loved Chris Cornell's voice. When I watched Audioslave during Live 8, I realized just how much that voice doesn't carry over live. That was an abysmal performance.

Fortunately, it seems all his performances aren't so bad. This cover, in particular, is pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgDoru9qxdA

Cornell's voice, although still unique did seem shot during his time with Audioslave, but I can attest to the restoration of his vocal range after seeing him put on an amazing show last month, he can hit the highs on the likes of Say Hello 2 Heaven and Jesus Christ Pose like it was the early 90's all over again, amazing.

Oh and anyone who hasn't heard his 1999 solo debut "Euphoria Morning" NEEDS TO, absolutely essential.

powerhour24 said:
Cornell's voice, although still unique did seem shot during his time with Audioslave, but I can attest to the restoration of his vocal range after seeing him put on an amazing show last month, he can hit the highs on the likes of Say Hello 2 Heaven and Jesus Christ Pose like it was the early 90's all over again, amazing.

Oh and anyone who hasn't heard his 1999 solo debut "Euphoria Morning" NEEDS TO, absolutely essential.

Yeah, he has a very inconsistent voice moreso than even Bono.

I've seen him a few times and it was unbearable... Other times...:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
and Temple of the Dog!

Say Hello 2 Heaven is Cornell at his best :up:

Hunger Strike :drool: I love the way he and Eddie trade vocals on that one...one of my all-time favs.

I'm not overly familiar with his solo work, but he's definitely got a special voice. I love how he had that 'dangerous' element back in the Soundgarden days. Not Michael Jackson 'dangerous'...the good kind. I still have flashbacks from the time I first saw the video for Jesus Christ Pose. It scared the hell out of me. There's something great about an artist who can do that in a non-Marilyn Manson kind of way.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who loved "Euphoria Morning."

Mission (the original, not the crappy remix for the MI:2 soundtrack), When I'm Down, Sweet Euphoria... :drool: When I'm Down especially -- that song is full-on gospel.

Euphoria Morning is a very good album, but this new one, Carry On is awful. Unoriginal, poppy and bland. Not recommended.

What?! I agree that No Such Thing doesn't have much life to it on the album cut but it kicks so much ass live, there's some great tracks on it as well like "Arms Around Your Love", "Ghosts", "Safe & Sound", etc, and "You Know My Name" as if anyone hasn't already heard it, although I'm not sure which version it is.

As for Euphoria Morning, "Preaching the End of the World" and his nod to Jeff Buckley "Wave Goodbye" are some of my all time favorites.

Back
Top Bottom