Chris Cornell/Soundgarden/Audioslave: Appreciate!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
:bow:

Been listening to some Cornell today. Thought it was as good a time as any to appreciate! I believe he has a new album coming out this fall, produced by Timbaland. I could swear I heard something while shopping yesterday, but I can't find anything online.

chris.jpg

Soundgarden-PressPhoto10.jpg

Audioslave_photo.jpg

Chris Cornell
• Billie Jean
YouTube - Chris Cornell - Billie Jean Live @ MSN
• Spoonman
YouTube - Chris Cornell - Spoonman Live @ MSN
• Jesus Christ Pose
YouTube - Chris Cornell - Jesus Christ Pose Live @ MSN

emot-rock.gif
headbang2.gif

Last edited:
One of the best voices of his generation.

Soundgarden is one of the most innovative and original-sounding bands I´ve ever heard. Every record they´ve published is amazing. Talking about going away at the peak of your creativity...
Temple of the Dog is a beautiful and very emotional eulogy to a talent gone too soon. At least 50% of that record is classic.
Euphoria Morning is a solid solo album, that tried to deviate from Soundgarden material as much as possible.
Audioslave was average at best. Some great songs, but couldn´t live up to the hype. Somehow Morello and Cornell don´t meld IMHO.
Everything post-Audioslave (excluding the concerts which did offer some really cool setlists plus Cornell´s voice is getting much better) is a disaster. If somebody thought the sappy and corny Carry On was bad, listen to this:
YouTube - vCast Street feat. Keri Hilson "Energy" (at the 0:50 mark or something like that).

Seriously, from Beyond the Wheel to that? I cannot honestly think of a greater downfall than our old Chris.

One of the best voices of his generation.

Soundgarden is one of the most innovative and original-sounding bands I´ve ever heard. Every record they´ve published is amazing. Talking about going away at the peak of your creativity...
Temple of the Dog is a beautiful and very emotional eulogy to a talent gone too soon. At least 50% of that record is classic.
Euphoria Morning is a solid solo album, that tried to deviate from Soundgarden material as much as possible.
Audioslave was average at best. Some great songs, but couldn´t live up to the hype. Somehow Morello and Cornell don´t meld IMHO.

I agree 100%

Everything post-Audioslave (excluding the concerts which did offer some really cool setlists plus Cornell´s voice is getting much better) is a disaster.

I disagree with this... Carry On isn't as strong as his first solo record, but it had it's moments. And I don't think there is anything wrong with trying new things and collaborating with Timberland.

I'll toss in a little bit of Cornell/Soundgarden appreciation.

Anyone who used to chill with Eddie Vedder is cool with me.

Great voice. Some great songs. Also, the drummer for Soundgarden was a kid by the name of Matt Cameron...and, yeah, he kicks ass. One of my favorite drummers ever.

Some of my buddies are big into Audioslave...I think I enjoyed a bit of their first album, but the others not so much.

I liked the song Like A Stone. I think that was the one.

Soundgarden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cornell solo>>>Audioslave.

I rank Audioslave last cos on paper, every album should have exploded your fucking stereo or Ipod or whatever. That did not happen, sadly.

Soundgarden, though....:drool:

Audioslave sucked.

Soundgarden was a damn good band, and it's a shame they had to call it quits in the name of his other, much worse projects.

Keep in mind, when I say rock, I don't mean it in the sense that each song rocks the fuck out. It rocks as in it's fantastic.

You know, like if I was saying, that's a "cracking" good tune.

I assumed that, but thanks for clarifying.

"Cracking" is one of my new favorite words. Interference, you nutty site!

I would have probably picked those too Phanan, along with these 3:

Cochise
Gasoline
I Am The Highway

Set It Off if I want to release some anger/stress :wink:

I agree 100%

I disagree with this... Carry On isn't as strong as his first solo record, but it had it's moments. And I don't think there is anything wrong with trying new things and collaborating with Timberland.

Seriously, man... There's innovation and trying something new and then there's squealing over Britney-like beats. That clip hurts me physically.

(It gets especially good around 1:10) ;)

I can't watch the video at work but is that where Vedder comes in? :lol: :hi5:

Man, Soundgarden was seriously fucking amazing! But I only have Badmotorfinger and Superunknown. And 3 songs from Down On The Upside. But Cornell's voice... what a range! Love it when he stretches it to both extremes in the same song like on.... 4th of July! :drool:

I can't watch the video at work but is that where Vedder comes in? :lol: :hi5:

Man, Soundgarden was seriously fucking amazing! But I only have Badmotorfinger and Superunknown. And 3 songs from Down On The Upside. But Cornell's voice... what a range! Love it when he stretches it to both extremes in the same song like on.... 4th of July! :drool:

Get Down on the Upside. It's a great record, some of their best work is here (Tighter and Tighter is my favorite Soundgarden song). Louder Than Love is kickass as well. Their early era gets neglected sometimes, but here you can find classics as Beyond the Wheel, Hands All Over, Full On Kevin's Mom...

Get it all! (and don't forget Lost Dogs as well).

Bless this thread, I love Chris Cornell.

Euphoria Morning :heart:, its one of my top 10 90's albums.

Back
Top Bottom