Choose your Sequel!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is best?

• Superman Returns

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • X3: The Last Stand

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Spiderman 3

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Which is best?

Superman Returns
superman-returns-poster02.jpg

X3: The Last Stand
xmen-3.jpg

Spiderman 3
Spider%20man%203.jpg

Supes was the best movie. Spidey was probably more fun though.

Dark Knight will rock, though. Ledger is going to be a great Joker and Maggy Gyllenhaal :)combust: + :drool: x infinity) will be so much better than Katie Holmes, as long as they write the character a little better this time.

Last edited:
Superman Returns was absolutely pathetic and I haven't seen the new Spiderman yet, so I'm going with X-Men III.

X3 was the biggest movie disappointment of my life behind Terminator 3.

Superman was better, but was still a horrible disappointment, ESPECIALLY considering Bryan Singer LEFT X3 to work on it. He essentially fucked up two films instead of making one amazing film.

Spiderman 3 is the only one I've seen of those options. It was entertaining, albeit a bit cluttered.

Lancemc said:
X3 was the biggest movie disappointment of my life behind Terminator 3.

Superman was better, but was still a horrible disappointment, ESPECIALLY considering Bryan Singer LEFT X3 to work on it. He essentially fucked up two films instead of making one amazing film.

Superman was a little too contrived and bloated for me to truly like it, but it was still decent nonetheless. I really do think it faltered because it's setting up the next movie.

Singer did say he wants to go "Wrath of Khan" on the sequel, and that immediately means kickass.

That being said, between these movies I have to choose Spidey 3. It's just a better popcorn, superhero, action, everything movie than the other two.

Those are encouraging words from Singer. Actually makes me excited about The Man of Steel. I actually really liked a lot about Superman Returns. The cast and acting was all great. The dialog was above average for a comic book flick, and SFX were amazing, the score was good, just about everything about it was good...

...except the plot. It was seriously lame. It's almost as if a bunch of corporate execs were sitting in a meeting thinking of a plot for the film. One guy just raises his hand and says "You know what gentlemen, this is almost a lost cause...I mean, what HASN'T Superman done yet?" Contemplative and resigned stares from everyone. One guy finally clears his throat... "Uhhh, well.... how about this.... Lex Luthor makes a giant continent made of Kryptonite and Superman has to throw it into outer space...???ehh???" The guy in charge says "Johnson, that's terrible. You're fired. *Johnson leaves the room* Now somebody turn that into a script. I'm late for my pedicure."

I see what you're saying, but Lex in that movie is an extension of the Lex in the first two Superman movies, a guy who wanted to own land, even at the expense of California. OH NOEZ!

So for him to want to make one himself isn't as farfetched, but still a little lame.

Lex's motives weren't farfetched. The whole kryptonite continent thing was just extremely lame.

Personally, I don't think Lex has ever been that great of a villain....and honestly the nobody realising Clark is superman thing really, really irritates me....Lois should at least have realised by now.

X-men 3 was just crap, Cyclops dead within, what? the first 20 minutes? (even though I have always considered him the blandest x-man). There were many things wrong with that film.

Spidey 3 wins out even though I haven't seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom