Choose Your Bread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's your bread of choice?

• White

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Wheat

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Both

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
When it comes down to it, which do you prefer: white or wheat?

Me, I've always been a wheat girl. It's what I was raised on, so to me white is icky...I mean, I'll eat it if I have to but for me it's wheat all the way!

:hmm: I just bought this Aunt Millie's Wheat Bread...I think it's homestyle or something...SO good!

I actually prefer rye bread with carroway seeds...mmmmm :drool: or maybe sourdough...or cheesebread....mmmmmmmmmmm bread! :drool:

White is just sooo good for sandwiches, and toast and jam....it has such a neutral flavour, where I find wheat to be overbearing. I like Sunflower flax bread with my eggs......

*runs downstairs to make toast!*

I only voted for neither becuase I'm a 100%, all grain-multi-grain girl.

It's like, the most wheaty you can get.

Ahhh, wheat. Carb cravings.. :drool:

Mrs. Edge said:
I actually prefer rye bread with carroway seeds...mmmmm :drool: or maybe sourdough...or cheesebread....mmmmmmmmmmm bread! :drool:

White is just sooo good for sandwiches, and toast and jam....it has such a neutral flavour, where I find wheat to be overbearing. I like Sunflower flax bread with my eggs......

*runs downstairs to make toast!*

:drool: Actually, all of that sounds really good! Cheesebread...:drool: I almost put Rye in the poll but I decided, "Nah, I'll just go with the generic."

I like whitebread better, but not plain white: potato bread, butter milk, hawaiian sweet egg, etc)

I like wheat better for toast though. I was raised with wheat bread.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I only voted for neither becuase I'm a 100%, all grain-multi-grain girl.

It's like, the most wheaty you can get.

Ahhh, wheat. Carb cravings.. :drool:

Well, hey, that should count as wheat then, shouldn't it? :wink:

both :yes:

but I like all kinds of bread....except the hard crusty chewy kind

Wow...These results are surprising to me. It seems like I know more people who prefer white. For example, my brother likes white better than wheat now, even though we were raised on wheat. And both my roommates prefer white. How bizarre! (dammit...Now I have that song in my head!!!).

wheat..multigrain
but when the kids got a bit older I somehow started buying white bread too...lotsa white bread.
I shouldn't eat bread.
I like Riga, sweet and sour black bread, if you know that one. It's has a caraway flavour and keeps for ages.....toasted with vegemite...with a cupp of tea...ahh morning bliss

in that list that you supplied...most definitely wheat....dammit...pretty much wheat everything:D
But if you had rye with caraway seed...OMG:drool:
That is the be all and end all of all breads....:hyper:
Mrs. Edge is so right there! :hug:

hmmm...white bread I guess...My fav is butter top potato bread :drool: For my toast I like wheat with orange marmalade. Growing up we always had white bread because it was cheaper and we usually got a lot of it because my grandpa works at Orlando Bakery...mmm fresh Italian bread...hehe. It was still warm in the morning when he brought i over:drool: ...I want some bread now...lol

Lori:mac:

Mmm. I prefer wheat for sandwiches etc but I like white better for toast. So I'm a both voter. Now I really want to bake home-made bread...I wish our oven wasn't broken :(

Sliced bread is like sooooooooo 90s man ;)

Me, I'm a bread fiend, I love bread, Wheaten, Ciabatta, Baguettes, Foccaccia. I love them all

If its pan you're talking then its gotta be white, preferably toasted

wheat

though potato bread is really good too
I eat waaaayyy too much starch... my favorite foods consist of any kind of potato, bread, or pasta :)

Last edited:
Kristie said:
wheat

though potato bread is really good too
I eat waaaayyy too much starch... my favorite foods consist of any kind of potato, bread, or pasta :)

Yeah I'm with you on that one! My favorites are potatoes:drool: I just can't get enough of them...fried, boiled, baked, grilled...mmm... my mom always says it's my irish side coming though! damn that silly mother of mine...hehe:shocked: :tsk: I also love pasta and rice...oh no now i'm hungry :lmao:

Lori:mac:

Back
Top Bottom