Chipping Sodbury, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Sit back and enjoy the shit storm when everyone sees the title and make the first page all about how shit it is. Gonna be classic :up:

I don't appreciate the sarcasm in your thread title, Cobbler.

You guys don't like The National, either? Huh.

[insert The More You Know jpg]

I don't mind them or have anything against them, their music does nothing for me. Same goes for Arcade Fire, another band that do absolutely nothing for despite being the sort of band judging by my tastes that I should love.

I'm more of a casual fan of THE NASH! myself.

Also, I call "not it" on starting the next superthread.

First of all, who's your A&R?
A mountain climber who plays an electric guitar?
But he don't know the meaning of dope when he's lookin' for a suit-and-tie rap that's cleaner than a bar of soap
And I'm the dirtiest thing in sight
Matter of fact bring out the girls and let's have a mudfight

Seriously vlad, it's time you changed your entire life, started being a massive sick cunt, and got heavily into the Wu-Tang Clan. It's too late for axver.

Seriously vlad, it's time you changed your entire life, started being a massive sick cunt, and got heavily into the Wu-Tang Clan. It's too late for axver.

Okay but only if you buy me a Braves cap with the sticker still attached.

No Coldplay ever.

ETA: I'm getting a Christmas present from Inhale Guy. Awesome. A little weird, but awesome.

You guys don't like The National, either? Huh.

[insert The More You Know jpg]

I just find them kind of listless, drab, and over-wrought in that unfortunately self-conscious sort of manner. Not bad so much as unremarkable. I don't see the Joy Division comparisons except that the guy perhaps kind of goes for the same deep delivery without the sense of urgency that makes Ian Curtis so compelling.

Axver's doing it, I think.

Charlotte's onto it with a place we drove through on Monday.

Hahaha, can you imagine!

As for me, they are just one band in a genre that seems almost too overwhelming to contemplate at this stage in the game, and lacking the handy toe-in-the-water that Pure Reason Revolution and chillwave were for me with electronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom