Chipping Sodbury, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I might not be able to, actually - once I'm off to New Zealand in two days, I won't be around much at all. I'll be gone for a month and I know my Internet access won't be spectacular for a lot of that.

Hell, for the first week I'm gone, I spend only one full day in the same city! The rest I'm travelling in some capacity or another.

That's alright.

Cobbler, Ashley, anybody?

Is it just me or has Interference been kind of ... slow, recently?

For real. Did you play any of the others? Pretty much all I remember of being 15 was playing Age of Mythology for hours after getting home from school. And learning about love, heartbreak and the Smashing Pumpkins, but that's way less interesting.

I never owned AoE2, unfortunately, but in the few times I played it I enjoyed it immensely.

Hope he's keen! It'll be a funny change of pace after listening to a sort of dream pop-y Polish album that's apparently about trams in some capacity.

I'm getting the feeling that we must compile a list of English and non-English language songs with trams and trains included in the lyrics. :wink:

Is it just me or has Interference been kind of ... slow, recently?
It's between albums and tours. It gets like that.

Unless you meant the "riding the short bus" kind of slow. In that case, my only advice is to stay out of The Other Place.

It's between albums and tours. It gets like that.

Unless you meant the "riding the short bus" kind of slow. In that case, my only advice is to stay out of The Other Place.

No, I'm talking about the forum speed. It seems to take a while longer to respond than usual.

I just saw Adam West punch the Joker from across the room. Why would anyone prefer sirius Batman?

Apart from a single song by Mogwai, I don't think you went to a single band I would've seen! :lol:

(Though I haven't listened to Portishead yet, so can't comment on that front.)

Sorry Ax! I had to call my father. We're coordinating a Trashley trip to Maryland for the first week of the new year. I'm around from here on out though.

I can get through at least some of it before I go. Shall we hit play?

Oh god, here we go.

It worries me that they're pumping out an album a year.

If it weren't for the common Brokencyde lyrical themes, I wouldn't know this is them at all. Not a single scream? Just music from Synth Pop For Dummies? What happened!

I'm impressed that they got the spelling of "phenomenon" right.

They even found a legitimate African American for this record.

"That booty is bigger than a moose."

I picked them for racist hicks who hate black people, all the while appropriating black culture to make the worst white cultural detritus.

I doubt that anything other than cash motivates their songwriting process.

Haha, I just wrote basically the same thing in my draft RYM review: "You didn't write this song because some chick's a phenomenon; you wrote it because your last album wasn't getting as much club play as you wanted."

OK, I question the physics behind two individuals being on top of one another. This seems to be an either/or situation.

Brokencyde are not subject to the laws of physics.

Honestly, I'm worried that the next album will have the sleazy lyrics cleaned up just enough for mainstream airplay and they'll actually have a big hit. Cunts sold out. I actually wish they were still a shitty crunkcore band.

Ah, so we hate Brokencyde because they're so good looking? Glad they cleared that up for me.

Hahahahaha they finally discovered Zoolander, they must be Aussie.

Being versed in Brokencyde music just makes their bragging more absurd. It's like watching a guy try to hit on chicks that you know secretly wets the bed.

Finally some screaming! Even if it is mixed low into the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom