CHINESE DEMOCRACY Leak...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, this record (or something like it) is now floating around, on the internet. Anybody listened, yet? Sounds like a Guitar Hero and cocaine mashup, to me, on first listen. I am very, very, very curious about just what these songs are--final versions, studio tomfoolery, rough edits, finished-but-subsequently-abandoned mixes...I dunno.

Weird, wild stuff, to be sure. Discuss, why don't you?

IYS:

This is not a challenge, just curiosity, cos I like to rock. You know this, of course, anyone could tell that I like to rock.

Anyway:

What band out there, right now, making muzics, rocks like GNR did on Appetite? Anyone? Someone? I want to listen to something new, or at least new to me, that makes me want to bang my head, then punch someone in the face.

3 Inches of Blood rocks harder, but isn't nearly as hooky or immediate. That is neither a good thing or a bad thing, I guess, but there're plenty of hard-as-shit bands kicking out the jams...just not jams of the same overall quality that the band in question was kicking out, all those many moons ago.

Pig Destroyer rocks far too hard for me to tolerate. Definitely of the face-punching school.

I think that Slayer is still on tour, somewhere. Anthrax likely hasn't gone all the way away, either, and Iron Maiden still releases records all the fucking time. I believe that Def Leppard just released a record of covers, too.

There's a new Opeth record which, when there aren't mandolins and lutes, rocks out.

That first Darkness record is at times a good deal like Appetite, only with several tongues planted in its cheek, rather than none.

I dunno. There's stuff out there, but the overall package of the hair metal age is pretty tough to find, these days. Those elements are all still around, but never all in the same place, at the same time.

I think that you would enjoy the Future of the Left (2/3 of the late, great, better-than-Jesus Mclusky) album, Curses. Check it out and say word. Best-tuned non-metal drumkit I've heard in fuckin' years. Not at all Guns Vs. Roses, but possibly to your liking.

3 Inches of Blood rocks harder, but isn't nearly as hooky or immediate. That is neither a good thing or a bad thing, I guess, but there're plenty of hard-as-shit bands kicking out the jams...just not jams of the same overall quality that the band in question was kicking out, all those many moons ago.

Pig Destroyer rocks far too hard for me to tolerate. Definitely of the face-punching school.

I think that Slayer is still on tour, somewhere. Anthrax likely hasn't gone all the way away, either, and Iron Maiden still releases records all the fucking time. I believe that Def Leppard just released a record of covers, too.

There's a new Opeth record which, when there aren't mandolins and lutes, rocks out.

That first Darkness record is at times a good deal like Appetite[\i], only with several tongues planted in its cheek, rather than none.

I dunno. There's stuff out there, but the overall package of the hair metal age is pretty tough to find, these days. Those elements are all still around, but never all in the same place, at the same time.

I think that you would enjoy the Future of the Left (2/3 of the late, great, better-than-Jesus Mclusky) album, Curses. Check it out and say word. Best-tuned non-metal drumkit I've heard in fuckin' years. Not at all Guns Vs. Roses, but possibly to your liking.

Thanks, and

Mastodon
Opeth
etc

Thanks, slappy.

IYS - linkage for the lazy?

112345221_96c39ca133.jpg

We're not allowed to post links, so just snoop around. Shareminer can be your friend, if you're real nice.

Oh, and don't nobody go getting his or her hopes up. This shit is MISERABLE. Sounds like it's at least 10 years old...no idea what he's been doing for the last 15 years, assuming that these tracks aren't somehow 10 to 15 years old, themselves.

Man, I just want to fucking rock without crossing too heavily into Metal. Is that too much to ask?

Downloading an Opeth album and a Mastodon album and a Future of the Left album. Will listen as the week progresses.

Axl's an ass, this entire project is a train wreck, but I'm still curious as hell to see if it's any good. Also, Slash needs to get back in there, considering RV are in the midst of a crumble themselves.

Leviathan is a monument to metal in my opinion. If you don't love the guitars alone, you don't really like rocking out. A metal "concept album" about Moby Dick?! I think even Pitchfork messed themselves for that record. The opening track alone is worth the price of buying the album, and numerous others on it are essentially just as good.

Watershed is the most recent Opeth. It's the most prog-y thing they've done, so it has numerous "non-metal" type moments, but it's still extremely good. Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries might be a little better for their metal side, but it all depends on what you prefer. They're honestly one of the most diverse and talented bands around. I only buy a few metal records a year, and I'll buy anything they ever put out. Amazing group. Not to sound cheesy or give shoddy comparisons, but they're the Radiohead or Sigur Ros of metal. Everyone should listen to these guys, whether you love or hate metal, it's irrelevant. They're that good.

Leviathan is a monument to metal in my opinion. If you don't love the guitars alone, you don't really like rocking out.

Watershed is the most recent Opeth. It's the most prog-y thing they've done, so it has numerous "non-metal" type moments, but it's still extremely good. Blackwater Park or Ghost Reveries might be a little better for their metal side, but it all depends on what you prefer. They're honestly one of the most diverse and talented bands around. I only buy a few metal records a year, and I'll buy anything they ever put out. Amazing group. Not to sound cheesy or give shoddy comparisons, but they're the Radiohead or Sigur Ros of metal. Everyone should listen to these guys, whether you love or hate metal, it's irrelevant. They're that good.

Well, I'm looking forward to giving both of them a listen.

NEVER question whether I like to rock out or not, or I'll be your Huckleberry.

Back
Top Bottom