Children of Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No spoken words

Blue Crack Supplier
I just saw this movie today, and, I implore all of you to go see it.

It's so good, on so many levels, I was really blown away.

A thriller, thought provoking, intelligent, surprising, well acted....just loved it.

Just the imagining of dystopian London, the bringing to life the imagery from the book is reason enough to see and applaud the film.

Anyway, I hope some of you are able to go see it, I think it opened in limited release.

Last edited:
I've been waiting since last Spring for this
since I first read about it in a magazine
:hyper:

Alfonso Cuaron is a pretty darn good director from the few movies of his that I've seen but even better is Julianne Moore and the wonderful Clive Owen, plus I finally got to see the trailer about a month ago and it looks fantastic!

It IS fantastic, you need to go see it. Owen is my favorite current actor, he does such a good job of being the hero in this film without it being a Hollywood cliche'd sort of hero....hope you get to see it soon and enjoy iy.

:hyper:
owen-coffee.jpg

the Pink Floyd reference is great, also the "zen music" :lol:

a lot of great music...

There was definitely great music, and, my audience definitely noticed and laughed at the Pink Floyd reference....that was an odd scene, actually, really enjoyed it. :)

Terrific movie. Clive Owen was amazing, and Cuaron did a great job directing. There were some awesome shots throughout. The boat in the heavy English fog was perfect.

Deep, I hope you enjoy it. And even if you do not, at least it was free. :)

Anitram, glad you liked it, there are definitely some scenes and specific shots still lodged into my head.

Yeah, I remember specifically the shot of Kee on the swing and the little kitten jumping on Clive's leg. Very cool.

anitram said:
Yeah, I remember specifically the shot of Kee on the swing and the little kitten jumping on Clive's leg. Very cool.

I don't want to give too much away but the scene where they first pull into the Fugee camp was a bit haunting to me.

ma random thoughts on this movie from another site.... (I'm to lazy to write again, and even this post is confusing :) ):

" First of - I loved it, best movie of the year for me.

Second - maybe I'm stretching as I can't see anyone talking about this point but it seems to me that this movie was about two things at the same time - first one being miracle of life itself, and the second was much more dark and - human stupidity and shortsightedness (sp?).

This portrait of human stupidity was something that I liked very much because I can see it everyday everywhere - every political group just blindly follows their own agendas in the face of the human salvation...everyone wants to use "the baby" for their narrow purpose thus disregarding the big picture - that being the survival of the human race in total... This is best show in the long action sequence when, after one miracular quiet moment when everyone is concentrated on one thing and everyone is still, one stupidity makes everyone else stupid and violent again...
With this in mind the ending leaves us with a choice - are we going to believe that the people on the ship will be noble with good intentions, or will they also act stupid with only their narrow goals in mind"

one of the best movies of 2006.!

and to add something more - this deserves best director oscar - those tracking shots that last up to 10 minutes were amazing and breathtaking... car chase, escape from the village and at the end the big action scene

Marko said:
and to add something more - this deserves best director oscar - those tracking shots that last up to 10 minutes were amazing and breathtaking... car chase, escape from the village and at the end the big action scene

Agreed on both of your points. The film is definitely serving as an allegory for some of the goings on in today's world, the zeal of blind faith and the potential selfishness and narrowness of human beings.

And, yes, the tracking shot during the car chase early on is amazing, I look forward to the DVD and some commentary on that.

No spoken words said:
Deep, I hope you enjoy it. And even if you do not, at least it was free. :)

I did not make it, yet.

My friend with the passes is kind of flaky.

She canceled and wants to go tonight or tomorrow.

I did see Pan's Labyrinth
and do strongly recommend it.

That was a great movie. I was completely invested in it from beginning to end.
I had a bad experience with it though. The whole film was shifted down and the lower part of the screen was cut off thanks to some idiot in the control booth. :mad:

PlaTheGreat said:
That was a great movie. I was completely invested in it from beginning to end.
I had a bad experience with it though. The whole film was shifted down and the lower part of the screen was cut off thanks to some idiot in the control booth. :mad:

Sorry to hear that....but, glad you did enjoy it....

See you've been listening to Muse....good stuff!:up:

I thought the direction was excellent, and Clive did a great job. Michael Caine did too.

Maybe I didn't think it was as amazing as I expected given the reviews I read. I think I expected too much :shrug: Of course it's still quite a movie with some powerful and important messages and symbolism. It sure makes you ponder the future, especially considering the way things are in the present.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I thought the direction was excellent, and Clive did a great job. Michael Caine did too.

Maybe I didn't think it was as amazing as I expected given the reviews I read. I think I expected too much :shrug: Of course it's still quite a movie with some powerful and important messages and symbolism. It sure makes you ponder the future, especially considering the way things are in the present.

Last night, a woman I'd just met, the new girlfriend of a friend, spent 5 minutes telling me everything that was wrong with the film. She was right on some points, or, I should say, I agreed on some points. I think she approached the film more with her head and less with her eyes, if that makes sense. There are definitel flaws with the film, for sure, but I just found it visually gripping and very well acted. Glad you at least liked it, and RR, hope you like it too.

Back
Top Bottom