"Chick-OOHHNN, AWWWN!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
You know that McDonald's commercial where the 4 people are all sitting in the car eating a chicken sandwich? The 3 guys all say chicken in some weird ways, and it's all cool, but when the girl tries to join in, she gets stared at like there's something wrong with her.

When I saw that, it really hit home. This is how I feel sometimes. Other people say something and it's funny or cool, but when I do it, it doesn't work. I guess I am the 'Chick-OHNN-AHWWN' girl of Interference.

:reject:

Last edited:
I don't like McDonald's. :yuck:

Some chicken is good though. :up:

What is this in reference too? Have you got some linkylinks please?

I think sometimes your comments about Bonos mullet comes across as really serious when its not really a serious subject.

Thats the only example I can think of.

for a minute i thought i walked into zoo confessionals.

i've never seen that commercial.

Re: Re: "Chick-OOHHNN, AWWWN!"

For Honor said:

Do you want someone to tell you you are not?

of course she does. that's the point of this thread.

look, u2kitten. you and i have argued in the past. hell, you may even have me on ignore right now and aren't reading this. not everyone is actually out to get you. it's easier to mock people who think everyone is mocking them already. if you stop being so paranoid that everyone is out to get you, i don't think you'll feel like this. or not as much, anyway. think of school bullies. they don't beat up kids who could throw a punch back at them. i'm an example, i'm a jerk. i've been yelled at for being too mean-spirited on several accounts. i also mock people who i'm internet-friends with on this site all the time. the difference between them and my non-friends is that they know i'm joking. the bottom line is that people take things way too seriously, and your only problem (unless you've got some deep-seated psychological disorder, for which i'd then suggest you seek professional help) is that you need to lighten up. mock people back, mock yourself. it's no big deal at the end of the day what anyone says here.

Re: Re: Re: "Chick-OOHHNN, AWWWN!"

IWasBored said:

look, u2kitten. you and i have argued in the past. hell, you may even have me on ignore right now and aren't reading this. not everyone is actually out to get you. it's easier to mock people who think everyone is mocking them already. if you stop being so paranoid that everyone is out to get you, i don't think you'll feel like this. or not as much, anyway. think of school bullies. they don't beat up kids who could throw a punch back at them. i'm an example, i'm a jerk. i've been yelled at for being too mean-spirited on several accounts. i also mock people who i'm internet-friends with on this site all the time. the difference between them and my non-friends is that they know i'm joking. the bottom line is that people take things way too seriously, and your only problem (unless you've got some deep-seated psychological disorder, for which i'd then suggest you seek professional help) is that you need to lighten up. mock people back, mock yourself. it's no big deal at the end of the day what anyone says here.

:up: :up:

I am ALL about mocking yourself!

5stars.gif

For mocking!

Another issue. This thread is a bit whiney. I know that wasn't your intention Kitty but when people say "why don't people like me" or similar it's quite off putting. People don' t like whiners.

If you look at other unpopular members on this site eg Windmilllane, etc, they're a bit whiney, woe is me with their posts. Youse guys might be perfectly noice and sociable in real life but on here your writing styles read as a bit whiney. And no one likes a whiner.

If you wanna do an agro and chuck a wobbly about something complete with angry smilies that is some times acceptable but "why don't people like me/why don't I have a girlfriend/ my big nose is the end of any future happiness" type posts aren't gonna win many friends.

peace

:hug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Chick-OOHHNN, AWWWN!"

IWasBored said:

And on a slightly serious note, pulling shit like that is mocking yourself and if you can't laugh at it, or are just doing it to be part of the crowd, of course it is not going to have the same effect. If it's not in your personalitly to yell out chick- a- whateverthehell, and not laugh at yourself, no one is going to laugh with you.

julianamendoza said:
i thought this post was about the mc donald's comercial:shrug:

It is, go ahead and talk about it!

But I do identify with the girl, because I can't understand why other peoples' corny comments are so cool and mine are blasted. :shrug: I was trying to make a point, but nevermind, talk about the McD's commercial, or the food, and not me.

I don't like the chicken sandwich, but the double cheeseburger is a good deal for a buck.

U2Kitten said:
You know that McDonald's commercial where the 4 people are all sitting in the car eating a chicken sandwich? The 3 guys all say chicken in some weird ways, and it's all cool, but when the girl tries to join in, she gets stared at like there's something wrong with her.

When I saw that, it really hit home. This is how I feel sometimes. Other people say something and it's funny or cool, but when I do it, it doesn't work. I guess I am the 'Chick-OHNN-AHWWN' girl of Interference.

:reject:

I'm not familiar with the commercial, but I know the feeling well. And there are times it's discouraging as all hell, especially when everyone seems to be telling you it's all your own damned fault.

As one who has always been outside the "popular" circle, I often wondered what the fuck was so wrong with me. I've decided that if people are going to like me, then they are going to have to like me for who I am, because I won't change to fit someone else's idea of what is right or likable.

And as for the ad.... I can't imagine that ad making me want to go eat at McDonalds. Rather the opposite. :shrug:

U2Kitten said:

I was trying to make a point, but nevermind, talk about the McD's commercial, or the food, and not me.

See, when you make comments like that you sound humourless and whiney - very
"woe is me". I'm sure thats not what you intended but its how your post reads.

Re: Re: "Chick-OOHHNN, AWWWN!"

indra said:

I'm not familiar with the commercial, but I know the feeling well. And there are times it's discouraging as all hell, especially when everyone seems to be telling you it's all your own damned fault.

As one who has always been outside the "popular" circle, I often wondered what the fuck was so wrong with me. I've decided that if people are going to like me, then they are going to have to like me for who I am, because I won't change to fit someone else's idea of what is right or likable.

Exactly! That's it! At last, somebody who understands what I mean and how I feel instead of piling on my back and knocking me! :bow: :hug:

i don't see where in this thread anyone was "knocking" you. everyone was being quite nice actually and trying to be helpful and give you constructive criticism. Don't make threads like this if you don't want honest answers. Fishing for compliments and :hug:s is one of the most obnoxious things that a person can do.

You can't tell me if I feel 'knocked' or not. Dammit, if I feel knocked, I feel knocked, it's not for you to decide. I remember once on FYM, a guy felt offended, and everyone was telling him, no one offended you, you can't be offended. I said, look, he says he's offended, so he's offended. No one can tell another person how to feel, or how to see things based on their own personal feelings. Indra explained exactly how I feel, if what I say isn't good enough.

I am NOT fishing for compliments, or hug smilies, and I don't like to see people who do that on other boards. I know one lady on another board who is constantly doing that, and it's annoying. In fact, I have actually not even mentioned deaths in my family, or other serious problems I've had on the open forum because I was afraid someone would think that about me. I really thought the commercial analogy would help you understand, and make it kind of a funny way of explaining it. I don't think I'm any worse or different than anyone else, yet I am constantly being told that I am and I can't understand why. If you don't get that, then don't post here, just post in one of the long chat threads I don't get or understand the purpose or the humor of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom