"Chick-OOHHNN, AWWWN!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you about the no one can tell you how you feel. And I agree with Indra as well. The difference between you and Indra though is that Indra has more, umm, dunno how to say this in a ladylike fashion, umm, Indra has more balls. If that makes sense. Indra has a bit more of a take "me as I am" attitude which people respect. If you want to be your own person you need to stand your ground and not whine when people disagree with you.

If that makes sense. I dont mean this in an offensive way. Just trying to be helpful

PS I'm beli by the way :wave:

I never told you that you couldn't feel knocked, I was just don't see where anyone was rude to you. God, even when people are trying to be nice to you still think everyone one is out to get you.

So this is a pity party thread then? Or is it supposed to be a funny thread? I really don't get the point/what you are trying to accomplish. If this is meant to be a funny thead then starting it with woah is me, no one likes me is probably not the best way. So is the point of the thread is to explain to people how you feel like you are bullied unfairly? People in this thread seem to understand what you mean and based on that gave you reasons why this is and advice and how to change that. Obviously, like i said in the previous post, you can't take constructive criticism. Try a little more introspection and a lot less paranoia for once.

Last edited:
I must admit I'm surprised at the turn this thread took right from the start. And I'm sorry to say if the very same post came from someone else -- dare I say it? -- one of the "popular kids," you can bet your ass the comments would be much more sympathetic.

Just the way the world works, I guess.

(and yeah, I'm feeling bitter and mean tonight. :grumpy: )

I understand what you mean indra, but when you constantly make posts like this it starts to get a little old and people stop feeling sorry for you.

indra said:
I must admit I'm surprised at the turn this thread took right from the start. And I'm sorry to say if the very same post came from someone else -- dare I say it? -- one of the "popular kids," you can bet your ass the comments would be much more sympathetic.

(and yeah, I'm feeling bitter and mean tonight. :grumpy: )

of course that's the way the world works. life isn't fair, and people suck. i'm sure u2kitten knows this, she seems to have been dealt a shitty hand as indicated by all those things she's "not" mentioning.

but by definition of popular, a popular poster here wouldn't need to post something like this because they wouldn't feel the odd one out.

I think people take things wayyyyy too seriously on here sometimes. Isn't interference supposed to be an escape from real life? Have fun and stop worrying what other people think of you!

U2Girl1978 said:
I think people take things wayyyyy too seriously on here sometimes. Isn't interference supposed to be an escape from real life? Have fun and stop worrying what other people think of you!

Well said! :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
you know, i've often thought about becoming a golf club.

Damn, at first I thought you meant a different kind of golf club. Like a member's-only sort of establishment. :grumpy:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I understand what you mean indra, but when you constantly make posts like this it starts to get a little old and people stop feeling sorry for you.

Please show me the last time I did this? :huh:

I am just saying that I have a very hard time figuring out why other people's corny, even mindless and idiotic worthless comments get regarded as hilarious and cool, and anything I say I get 'ummm' :eyebrow: which is why the chicken commercial hit home with me. I don't see any difference in her silly noise and the others, yet theirs were accepted and hers ridiculed. Me too. That's ALL.

indra said:

Yes, that's what I mean, some people can do something and it's funny, but for others, it gets immediately picked on and driven into the ground, like this thread.

All stuff about me aside, I must say, if someone else had started this thread, no matter what I thought of them, I could not have ever said the things to them that you said to me. Such heartless stabs just aren't in me. I told you about the woman on another board I'm on who is CONSTANTLY whining about how she 'doesn't fit in' and 'nobody likes her' and 'I'm leaving/the lone wolf must walk alone' :yawn: and it is ANNOYING as hell but I have never and would never say anything like, 'what's the matter, fishing for a hug? Want us to tell you it's not true? It's all your own fault! or even worse, that you're 'ummmm.' I can tell she obviously has serious emotional issues in her life and feels terribly insecure and unwelcome everywhere she goes. So while I can't bring myself to coddle her knowing that's what she is looking for, I won't hurt her feelings or beat her down over it. I talked in PM with other members, and they all said to just ignore her whiny posts and be nice or at least normal to her in other threads. I also must add that I am a mod on that board, and if anyone acted like some of you do here, you'd be long gone. I see so much disrespect for other members' feelings, it's disturbing. I guess the predominate popular personality around here is hard nosed and mean spirited but disguised as humor, and I can't find that funny.

Why here?
We do all come to the internet to escape reality, so why make it even worse than real life for some? You don't really know what each person's situation really is or what has made them the way they are. Why can't everyone just can the cutting remarks and be nice, or if you don't like somebody, simply ignore their posts? :confused:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Please show me the last time I did this? :huh:

How about every post you've made in the NFL thread in PEUP since Vanderfuckup missed that field goal?

Or how about your constant paranoia that we're "harassing you in PLEBA", despite the fact that just about none of us have ever posted there?

Seriously. It's getting old.

I hate the Patriots just as much, if not more than you do, and I was probably the last one in the NFL thread to stick up for you based on that. Hell, I gave you friendly warning after friendly warning that you were rehashing the same arguments, and that you thought people were out to get you even when it was painfully clear that we weren't. But you continued.

I don't dislike you, and most people in PEUP don't straight-up dislike you. We're just frustrated that you rehash the same old arguments that have already been disproven on multiple occasions, and when you're called out for repeating said arguments you decide that everyone hates you and we've all got it in for you.

We don't. We're just frustrated.

We won't mind it if you come post in the NFL thread next season, in fact I encourage it. But please...you need some new material other than slagging on Tom Brady every post.

U2 Kitten you called me dumb on another board and even I don't dislike you. These boards are to show what diversity there is out there. We may not all agree with each other and the beauty is to be able to debate it. If I had taken personally everytime in my life someone called me out b/c they didn't agree with what I said I would have buried my head in the sand a loooong time ago.

ljclary said:
U2 Kitten you called me dumb on another board and even I don't dislike you. These boards are to show what diversity there is out there. We may not all agree with each other and the beauty is to be able to debate it. If I had taken personally everytime in my life someone called me out b/c they didn't agree with what I said I would have buried my head in the sand a loooong time ago.

Agreed. I've had disagreements with most people here, but I think if we were all together in real life, I can't think of a single person I wouldn't mind chatting with in person. It's just a message board :shrug: Disagreements are what make things tick. The problem with the Internet is people come into threads picking their battles, so to speak, and often certain social cues are misinterpreted or just not communicated well. We read only want we want to read and make judegments and interpretations based on two-dimensional text, rather than the full context of someone's reality. On the other hand, if someone really hates me based on some message board posts I probably thought about for 30 seconds and posted while doing three other things at the same time, that's a bid sad.

Kitten, as for the original post, I'm sorry you feel that way. I think everyone feels like that sometimes, I know I do. I suppose the thread would've been better received in ZC?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I think everyone feels like that sometimes, I know I do.

:yes: I don't even know what the advert is, but that feeling is one of the reasons I don't post as much as I used to. :shrug:

Sgt.%20Bosco%20Baracus.jpg

U2Kitten said:

I don't like the chicken sandwich, but the double cheeseburger is a good deal for a buck.

I agree with you, I was working one summer and as much as I loved the McChicken sandwich, eating one everyday for about a month and a half really made me hate it after a while.

I miss the McRib sandwich, bring that one back darnit!!! :sad:

ljclary said:
What happened to the two cheesburgers combo? I want it back!!!

For sure. When I used to eat at McDonalds that was my favorite. My sister asks for the 2 cheeseburger combo and they still have it. Just not on the menu as a number. note to self.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the two cheesburger is the #2 deal :mad:

Up here the #2 used to be the 2 cheeseburgers meal and now it is the quarter pounder with cheese meal and the two cheeseburgers are not on the menu anymore. Trust me, if you saw my waistline you would see I know my Micky d's:wink:

Back
Top Bottom