Chicago: The Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Is anyone elsed very excited about seeing the new movie, Chicago? I'm not much for musicals (Moulin Rouge scared and confused me, and made my head hurt), but, with the cast in Chicago, I'm looking forward to kicking up my heels to this awesome-looking flick...

How about you guys? Anyone see it? Want to see it?

from what I understand from my **sources**

Renee Zellweger is a huge coke whore...

When you read it on Page Six, don't say I didn't warn you...

I will not see that movie unless she and Catherine Z... get naked.

That's it.

ouizy said:
from what I understand from my **sources**

Renee Zellweger is a huge coke whore...

In the movie, or in real life? Maybe she is, she's so so so grossly thin right now.

Gawsh, I hope she gets better, I really like her as an actress.

HelloAngel said:

In the movie, or in real life? Maybe she is, she's so so so grossly thin right now.

I agree. I think she looked much better when she gained the weight for Bridget Jones's Diary.

that's too bad about the whole crack whore thing. she seems nice.

i really really want to see that movie. :heart:

I can't wait to see it either. :hyper:

Renee Zellweger always seems to be sort of a mess to me (though I do think she is a good actress, mind you), but maybe that is because of the usual type of role she plays. :shrug: Either way, that's sad if it is true.

I have seen two very good stage productions.

Both were huge crowd pleasers.

The reviews are good for the movie.

I don't know about Rene's habit*.

She did not appeal to me as Bridget.

I am not usually considered shallow.

The movie will be a big hit. Geer will get good reviews.

I saw it on New Year's Eve! What a perfect New Year's kind of movie. I LOVED it! I must get the soundtrack pronto.

Renee is an excellent singer and quite a good dancer, but she is waaaaaayyyyyy too thin. She is positively gristly. You are so busy staring at the sinews in her arms it's distracting. Catherine ZJ is beautiful in it. She has a fabulous body. Thin, but soft and voluptuous at the same time.

They all did their own singing and dancing. Richard Gere can tap dance!

It was a really fun move, you will love it.

I want to see it..Renee still looked thin in bridget Jones' diary to me! she's look ghastly skinny since *shudder* do guys even like that? Cameron Diaz scares me too..they are built like a 12 year old boy! no curves like that..oh well I go for men anyway! lol. i LOVED moulin rouge..i've seen it like 8 times. i like musicals..lol

Last edited:
AdamsMango said:
Cameron Diaz scares me too..they are built like a 12 year old boy!

I thought she looked DISGUSTING in Charlie's Angels when she wore the low-cut things and you could see all of her ribs at the top. :yuck: :no:

Yes, I agree. I thought Renee Z looked just fine in Bridget Jones. In fact, I found it very insulting that they consider that to be "overweight".

Speaking of that, my boss's birthday was yesterday, so I had to have cake and ruin the first day of my diet. :sigh:

I really enjoyed Renee in "Jerry Mc Guire" and picked up a copy of the movie. I feel Renee looked pretty in that film and the little boy Ray was cool!

Chicago does not appeal to me as I don't like modern day musicals (Grease, Moulon Rouge.....) and I can't stand Richard Geere.

Singin In The Rain is a good musical.

Mrs. Edge said:
Yes, I agree. I thought Renee Z looked just fine in Bridget Jones. In fact, I found it very insulting that they consider that to be "overweight".

:tsk: I couldn't agree with you more. Someone who is a size 8 is NOT overweight. They made such a big deal about all the weight she gained meanwhile she was still thin.

And yes, I am dying to see Chicago. I saw the play when Bebe Neuwirth starred. It was fantastic. The dancing was amazing and the music was great. I listened to that Soundtrack for the longest time. Hoping the movie is just as good as the play. :)

And now that I come to think of it, one of the big deals made was that Bridget Jones was supposed to be a celebration of women who are the way they are...no matter what size they are (even though there was nothing wrong with the size she was!).

By losing all that weight again, the message she is sending is, "we were just saying that to make you feel better..you know it isn't really true!"

:|

I'm looking forward to seeing Chicago! I love Moulin Rouge, so I'm figuring modern musicals are my thing.

About Renee Z and Bridget Jones, in the Bridget Jones book Bridget's obsessed with her weight although she's thin (120-130 lb range). Her goal is to make it below 120 lbs, but when she finally does all her friends comment about how she looks sickly and her chest is smaller. So essentially the book gives the message that her obsession with her weight is unhealthy and that she has a warped body image. Unfortunately, the movie didn't do anything of the sort and tried to make us think that Bridget really was fat. :sigh:

I think she looks nasty. I could care less about her weight - it is her *drug use* that kinda gets me...

Mrs. Edge said:
And now that I come to think of it, one of the big deals made was that Bridget Jones was supposed to be a celebration of women who are the way they are...no matter what size they are (even though there was nothing wrong with the size she was!).

By losing all that weight again, the message she is sending is, "we were just saying that to make you feel better..you know it isn't really true!"

Her comments didn't help...she kept making a big deal out of how thin she really was, making out like she had to play some grotesquely enormous character. And then she lost like, triple the weight just to prove herself. I liked her after Jerry Maguire (which she seems quite curvy in) but I *hated* her after that.

Colin Firth said she looked better during the movie....

Elisabeth

I saw the show when it came to T.O. a few years back. It was awesome. The Cell Block Tango kills me every time...

Renee was only 120-130 in Bridget Jones's Diary? OMC....that's so average.....she's waay to skinny. I can't stand it how girls nowadays have NO hips or curves. They're all so boy cut. Geez, food is meant to be enjoyed. I'm not saying over eat, but what's wrong with not looking anorexic?

It really ticks me off when I see 12 year olds now passing up dessert b/c they're afraid of getting fat.

Ahh....back to the movie. Yes, I must see it. It's too bad they didn't ask Bebe Neuwirth to be in it...as a lead role. She's phenomenal. I have the original soundtrack and he voice just SOARS...

I'm WAY excited to see Chicago, I just saw the trailer for it this afternoon when I was watching Sweet Home Alabama and it looks amazing. Plus I have (and obsess over) the soundtrack already :happy:

Mrs. Edge said:

I know, that really bugged me too. Especially as in the book it's made really obvious that Bridget looks much better at her natural weight not after she's gone on a mad diet to lose weight. And I hated how after the movie every magazine would have pictures of her and remark on how she'd lost weight so quickly as though she'd been forced to gain like a hundred pounds to play Bridget, instead of just gaining enough weight to look like a normal woman.

Grrr. What's wrong with looking NORMAL instead of like 20 lbs under weight? :mad:

I loved both the Broadway show and the movie. They're two totally different experiences and I didn't feel that either one threatened the other in any way.

Anyway, since The Two Towers was robbed (sigh), I'm backing Chicago now as far as the Oscars go.

The movie put me to sleep! :yawn:

I guess I'm the only one who thought it was stupid. :tsk:

Renee Z and Richard Gere annoy me till no end in this move! Blah!

I saw Frida the other day though! Great movie!! :D

Back
Top Bottom