Chewing gum is the practice of lower forms of life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Rabbi Rules It's Better to Swallow Gum

Thu Feb 17, 7:37 PM ET

JERUSALEM - Your chewing gum has just lost its flavor, but there is no garbage can in sight. What do you do? According to Jewish law, get ready to swallow it.

A prominent Israeli rabbi has ruled that spitting gum on a sidewalk or hiding it under a desk is a violation of Halacha or Jewish law, the Yediot Ahronot newspaper reported Thursday.

"Gum cannot be thrown where others are liable to be disgusted by it," said Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, the rabbi of the holy city of Safed.

Improperly discarded gum may appear to be hidden, but "God knows" where it is, Eliyahu said, according to the newspaper.

Swallowing the gum is a better solution, the rabbi said, though he criticized the use of chewing gum in general.

"Chewing gum is the practice of lower forms of life. It expresses inner tension and lack of control. People with self-respect do not chew gum except on special occasions because of special circumstances," he said.

scumbag!:shame:

chewing_gum.jpg

Best left to "lower forms of life"....

I did it every great once in a while, but not on purpose. I love gum, though...I go through gum about as often as smokers go through packs of cigarettes, I'm dead serious.

I don't spit it out on the sidewalk or put it under desks, though-I put it in the wrapper, roll it up, and when I do find the nearest available garbage can, in it goes.

Angela

So all the guys who want to know whether I spit or swallow are talking about gum? :wink:

Chewing gum may be the practice of lower forms of life, but atleast our breath smells better. :wink:

My Mother told me the nuns in Catholic school used to tell her that chewing gum made the Blessed Mother cry

They used to make the kids stick gum on their nose if they were caught chewing it

Back
Top Bottom