Chevy Chase, Maryland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's not all doom and gloom when it comes to New Zealand. The All Blacks beat Scotland 32-6 overnight.

We first played Scotland 103 years ago and they're STILL yet to beat us. :laugh:

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But we traditionally tour the Northern Hemisphere at the start of its season, so we've got games against Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and England.

I see the US rugby team is playing Uruguay in Utah today too!

Well go US! I suppose.

Dear God am I tired. I'm trying to keep myself up til at least 9, but I don't think I'm going to make it.

I bet approximately ten people show up at the game.

You trying to get yourself back on a normal sleeping pattern?

Well it's not just that, I didn't fall asleep til about 5 this morning, and I fell asleep with the light on, and I woke up at EIGHT AM. And I could NOT go back to sleep. I've been up since then...On three hours of sleep. I've gotten next to nothing done today because I'm too tired to concentrate. I can't go to sleep now, cause I'll just wake up at 4 in the morning and be useless tomorrow as well. I can't have that happen, so I've GOT to stay up til 9. But...it's seeming like the most brutal of tasks right now

If there were other people around, I'd suggest some iSketch to keep you up.

If there were other people around, I'd suggest some iSketch to keep you up.

I want to now because I switched to safari and now my internet actually works, so I assume that hte pen would finally work for me as well.

Is Chass around? I saw her lurking earlier.

And really, I should be studying. But FUCK THIS STUPID SUBJECT. I truly don't care any more. I could bomb it tomorrow and NOT GIVE A SHIT.

Is Chass around? I saw her lurking earlier.

And really, I should be studying. But FUCK THIS STUPID SUBJECT. I truly don't care any more. I could bomb it tomorrow and NOT GIVE A SHIT.

I really should be reading, but I have such a mental block about not doing stuff at the last minute. In other words, I HAVE to do things at the last minute. I don't know why. I don't like it. At all. But I think I always feel like there are more important things I could be doing than study...like chat on line :uhoh:

When I'm motivated, I have no problems doing stuff not at the last minute.

When I'm not motivated? I don't even really do it at the last minute. God. I JUST DON'T CARE. I want this all to be over. 12 more days. 12. More. Days.

When I'm motivated, I have no problems doing stuff not at the last minute.

When I'm not motivated? I don't even really do it at the last minute. God. I JUST DON'T CARE. I want this all to be over. 12 more days. 12. More. Days.

I felt really motivated to work on this paper I have due Wednesday this morning, but then I realized I couldn't work on it and listen to music. And then I just lost interest in it cause, hey, it's not due til Wednesday. WHy Ashley, WHY?!

If I can wake up in the morning, and feel well rested, I can get a shit ton of stuff done though. And I will. I MUST. This has been one of the hardest semesters for me to concentrate during. Mostly because I decided that I was going to drop the history major, after it was too late to drop the history classes. Now I have no interest in them, and add to that this Media Analysis class from hell that I'm required to take for my film major, and this is probably the worst semester yet here. Oh and Criminal justice. I hate that class too. Fuck! I have to go to court sometime in the next week for four hours and write a paper about that :banghead:

I just read a chapter in the book with music blasting in my ears, and still almost fell asleep :sad:

You people! :tsk:

We saw a couple of post-rock bands live who were good, and since U-Wen never seems to be available, we just went ahead and had a Phail band meeting without him! Turned out that we mainly just played pieces of songs rather than anything complete, since U2 is a silly band with silly songs that are hard to remember.

Plus, it took forever to tune my guitar, since it keeps crapping out.

I felt really motivated to work on this paper I have due Wednesday this morning, but then I realized I couldn't work on it and listen to music. And then I just lost interest in it cause, hey, it's not due til Wednesday. WHy Ashley, WHY?!

If I can wake up in the morning, and feel well rested, I can get a shit ton of stuff done though. And I will. I MUST. This has been one of the hardest semesters for me to concentrate during. Mostly because I decided that I was going to drop the history major, after it was too late to drop the history classes. Now I have no interest in them, and add to that this Media Analysis class from hell that I'm required to take for my film major, and this is probably the worst semester yet here. Oh and Criminal justice. I hate that class too. Fuck! I have to go to court sometime in the next week for four hours and write a paper about that :banghead:

Oh that's just shithouse. Kind of like me with PolSci, just doing subjects to get the required points for the major. Not because I want it; just because I'm so close that I might as well. Now I have this exam I may just bomb because I COULD NOT CARE LESS. Actually, I'm reading an article right now that I think has some good ideas. It's just a shame it's wrapped up in wanky pseudo-intellectual speak.

but would anyone have even noticed an out of tune guitar? :wink:

The neighbours? I was running the thing through my amp, when my guitar cared to actually transmit music to the amp in the first place.

But now it's tuned and we did get through most of Exit, at least. It seems part of the problem is that a lot of the easy bass lines are on songs I don't know or find difficult, or vice versa.

wanky pseudo-intellectual speak.

So it sounds like something you've written then?:D

Well, except I wouldn't use 'adumbrated' when 'brief' would do.

I'd never even heard of the word 'adumbrated' before this article.

No wonder this section of the book is 60 pages (of a 200 page text) he decided to reprint EVERY SINGLE ONE of their little love letters. I'd just skip over them, but if I happen to miss something important, and then I ask a question about it in the paper, and it was answered in the book, she'll KNOW.

:lol: that's a relief, I felt a bit dumb for a second because I had no idea what 'adumbrated" meant

Apparently it means to foreshadow, to produce a faint image of, or to outline or sketch.

... yeah, I think "a brief discussion" would make just as much sense and not use a stupid word that simply makes the author look like they're an adumbrated discussion of somebody with a strong grasp on the English language.

Oh, hey, it's Serena. :wave:

No wonder this section of the book is 60 pages (of a 200 page text) he decided to reprint EVERY SINGLE ONE of their little love letters. I'd just skip over them, but if I happen to miss something important, and then I ask a question about it in the paper, and it was answered in the book, she'll KNOW.

... oh god. Love letters? I wouldn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom