Chevy Chase, Maryland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you've had a very eventful day :up:

Yeah, well most of my friends are off doing Uni, and my Girlfriend also lives in Melbourne, so I'm stuck 2.5 hours away with nothing much to do this weekend. I'm looking at buying a new Tele tomorrow though.

Speaking of the Ax, where is he?

Ah, not really. Mainly just in the car for a lot of time. :lol: I only woke up at about 2 in the afternoon.

Yeah, that sucks. Sometimes it's like that when I go back to Minlaton, or when my old friends go back there. Everything's far away.

He and Ali have gone to a concert tonight, not sure what exactly. Hopefully Ax will be drunk when he comes back. Or better yet, high.

Yeah nights like tonight are lame. You know what I mean, nights where AX is doing something and I'm not. :angry:

I dunno who they at, probably another faceless U2 tribute band.

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

-newsweek, and i fucking love him for this.

So depressed by the election outcome. Glad I went out and saw a concert, had pizza for dinner, and had a Phail rehearsal (at least two thirds of it anyway!) with Ali. We didn't exactly get through songs, but just played various bits of them, mainly because U2 are really stupid and write silly songs.

But, god. John Key, what an utterly uninspiring Prime Minister. What a bland twunt. What a government of stupid, worthless policies that help nobody except the people who least need help.

You suck, New Zealand. A COUNTRY OF FOOLS. John Key, you and your dumbfuck mates at National and ACT don't deserve the educated classes. You bitch and moan about how we've all left and live offshore and there's such a terrible brain drain, and there IS, but you don't stop to think for a second that IT MIGHT BE YOU. I'm one of the people you wish would come home, and guess what? As long as you and your idiotic mates are in power, my options seem much better in Australia. WELL FUCKING DONE.

YOU FUCKKNOB.

FUCK YOU, NATIONAL VOTERS.

What a total mistake, New Zealand. I knew we'd have a change of government sooner or later, next election if it hadn't been this one, but that doesn't make it any less bad. Ugh. A swing to a party that has previously suspended the freedom of the press to get its way, cancelled important infrastructure because it has no long term vision and can only see short term dollar signs, doesn't give a damn about society's most vulnerable and just wants to take services away from them, and would happily strip Maori of political representation under the veneer of "equality" is never going to be a good thing.

I'm too depressed by this result to even get drunk. I'm going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom