Chevelle..Who are they? Just as bad as Nickleback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only know that Vitamin R song.. which is alright I guess. Very grungy, almost nu-metal sound of what I can make out at least. :shrug:

edit: I won't see them in concert just yet. No way. lol.

I like Chevelle. They've got a handful of decent songs. No reason to be offended or worried, in my opinion. I'd probably go to the concert, too. Then again, I don't much care what other people think of the music I like. I'd say they're at least worth checking out. :up:

unlike heartland girl, i'd be highly offended and would proceed to vandalise said man's car with paint that reads "shit, shiit shiiiti1!!!!!!!11111!"""""""''""'''""

Don't compare them to Nickelback. Nothing is that bad.

They're okay. As far as all the shit played on "alternative" radio goes, it's near the top of that crop. I'd never buy one of their records, but I can stand their tunes.

HeartlandGirl said:
I like Chevelle. They've got a handful of decent songs. No reason to be offended or worried, in my opinion. I'd probably go to the concert, too. Then again, I don't much care what other people think of the music I like. I'd say they're at least worth checking out. :up:
and they sound nothing like nickelback. they're a lot darker sounding, think a little bit like tool, but a lot less maynard-y. 'the clincher' is alright.

My friend sent me one of their albums over AIM. I don't remember what it sounded like, but my friend has decent taste in music, so I'd give the dude a chance.

they have one song called "meeting with El Diablo"
or whatever the hell, it's a cool song, last song on their first album.

other than that typical aggro rock stuff.

Free concert, offended and worried? how snobbish are you?

Chevelle is definitely in the metal/hard rock category, which I tend to hate. One of my friends loves them and dragged me to their show, and it wasn't all that bad
Songs like "An Evening With El Diablo" (awesome name for a song by the way) and "Forfeit," while angry, are better than most angry hard rock, which I can't stand.
The lead singer (who's also the guitarist) switches seemlessly from actual singing to extremely loud yelling, which makes for an interesting contrast. The drummer is also quite talented, and the bassist recently quit. Oh and did I mention that it's three brothers that comprised the band?

Back
Top Bottom