Chemical Brothers - Push the Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Anyone have this?

I've ordered it and it should be here soon. I've only heard the single "Galvanize," which I love....very excited to hear the rest!

Thoughts?

I have it. Just more class music from them. My favorite track is probably 'Hold Tight London.' If you like 'Galvanize,' or if you just like The Chemical Brothers, then you should enjoy it. :)

Great. :)

I LOVE the chemical brothers. The name of your favorite track already makes me love it...

Out of lurker mode here... This is an excellent record. I absolutely love it! It's got what I want to hear in a record - everything from hip hop, to tracks that make me want to shake my thang, to psychedelic and lush ethereal chill out pieces of aural ecstasy. If you're familiar with the Chemical Brothers you'll notice that Push The Button has a lot of signature sounds from their previous records that were applied to this one. Yet at the same time this record seems new and fresh and at times, a diversion from what they've done in the past. Hold Tight London, Believe, Marvo Ging and Surface to Air are stormers! Hope you enjoy this record as much as I do. :)

Surface to Air is great...I like these kinds of songs by them, that build slowly (like "The Sunshine Underground"!)...

I really wanna get into the Chemical Brothers...

I've heard songs like Block Rockin Beats, Setting Sun and Galvanize and will probably look at making a purchase of a Chem Bros album soon....

Thing is...its such a left field thing for me to do....im a yobbo, into good old fashioned rock and roll and have a history of anti-HipHopism....how can i tell my mates?

I'm still gonna get into them though....an amazing duo...

intedomine said:
I really wanna get into the Chemical Brothers...

I've heard songs like Block Rockin Beats, Setting Sun and Galvanize and will probably look at making a purchase of a Chem Bros album soon....

Thing is...its such a left field thing for me to do....im a yobbo, into good old fashioned rock and roll and have a history of anti-HipHopism....how can i tell my mates?

I'm still gonna get into them though....an amazing duo...

The Chemical Brothers is dance music for us rock music lovers. So no need to apologise for your mates. :wink:

That said, if you want to check them out, buy the album Dig Your Own Hole. That one has Block Rockin' Beats & Setting Sun and is not of that Copy Control Crap as their later albums (from their Best Of on?) are.

C ya!

Marty

Setting Sun :drool:

So I had to bust Push the Button out last night and give it a whirl. Listened to it at least twice through. It gets better every time. 'Come Inside' was sounding especially good.

intedomine said:

Simple! :D Just grab a copy of the new album, run to your mates and tell them to shove 'right-field' rock stereotypes up their ass and listen to the CD...and make merry! :D

Quite funny when I started listening to dance music, everyone I knew was simply...........:ohmy: "..what?..." but yeah, they got used to me not listening to U2/Floyd/Radiohead all the time. :wink:

I was listening to Galvanize and I reckon that the vocals wreck the song.....

I don't mind them and it's still an OK song, but it's just I'd rather hear it as an instrumental piece.

Just my Point of view...

BTW the 2nd single from PTB is Believe. If ya get a chance, check out the videoclip, its awesome, some guy running away from robots!

meegannie said:
It has Timmy and the Magic Numbers. :up:

I got the album in the mail yesterday - love it! :) And yep, I was sooooo happy to see timmy and the magic numbers on there. :up:

So the only 2 songs I've heard are 'Galvanize' and 'Believe'. I have to say that both are extremely enjoyable. How does the rest of the album compare?

If you like those two songs, you should probably consider buying the whole album. It's solid.

Or you could just share mine... :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom