Check out what I got for 10 bucks!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
its a vintage Electrokey electric piano, the sound is very similar to that of paul on " let it be". This old lady was selling it and it had a sign that read, piano 10 dollars, so now its in my livingroom!!! woohoo! the sound is amazing, weve been playing it all day!

Picture030.jpg

3c49e88a.jpg

dsmith2904 said:
$10! Wow! That's so like in "High Fidelity" when the woman wants to sell all her husband's valuable records dirt cheap because he ran out on her.

haha, thats what I told me roomate on the phone on the way home, he was expecting this huge hunk of junk, but seriously, its so rad. I must have done something nice to someone............................................................................................................nah, just lucky I guess.

DeadMansParty said:

haha, thats what I told me roomate on the phone on the way home, he was expecting this huge hunk of junk, but seriously, its so rad. I must have done something nice to someone............................................................................................................nah, just lucky I guess.

No, go with the earning it thing. I kind of like the idea of musical karma.

Lila64 said:
how did you come across the piano? Yard sale?

My friend Les got the 2005 Mustang, but its been recalled, so I went to her place today to pick her up to giver her a ride to the dealer, and I noticed a sign up at the house across from her. I thought it was like a garage sale sign, so I looked and I saw this beautiful Organ/piano sitting there with a 10 dollar price tag. So I walked over there, and I had noticed that the seller was in the house, and had left it plugged in, in case you wanted to see if it worked, so I sat there, playing a song, and Les said, " oh my god, this is what you need, you have to have this". So I knocked on the door, and an elderly hispanic woman answered, and I said " Im going to buy your piano". She said ( in her accent) " Jes, it ees 10 dollar". I gave her the money and I loaded it up into my truck. I brought it home and told my roomate about it, ( he is a musician too), and he freaked out! He said " i would have paid 500 bucks just to have this as a decoration"! So we moved it up, and have been like children saying " my turn my turn". I dont know how many times Ive been playing " The Doors" covers on this, its sounds exactly like the keyboard sound on " riders on the storm". So thank you lady, I'll write a song about you someday!

DeadMansParty said:

My friend Les got the 2005 Mustang, but its been recalled, so I went to her place today to pick her up to giver her a ride to the dealer, and I noticed a sign up at the house across from her. I thought it was like a garage sale sign, so I looked and I saw this beautiful Organ/piano sitting there with a 10 dollar price tag. So I walked over there, and I had noticed that the seller was in the house, and had left it plugged in, in case you wanted to see if it worked, so I sat there, playing a song, and Les said, " oh my god, this is what you need, you have to have this". So I knocked on the door, and an elderly hispanic woman answered, and I said " Im going to buy your piano". She said ( in her accent) " Jes, it ees 10 dollar". I gave her the money and I loaded it up into my truck. I brought it home and told my roomate about it, ( he is a musician too), and he freaked out! He said " i would have paid 500 bucks just to have this as a decoration"! So we moved it up, and have been like children saying " my turn my turn". I dont know how many times Ive been playing " The Doors" covers on this, its sounds exactly like the keyboard sound on " riders on the storm". So thank you lady, I'll write a song about you someday!

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom