Cheap, quality gift Ideas for people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I don't care who you are, where you live, what color you are, what language you speak, what kind of music you like, or how ugly you are, everyone on this planet should have the chance to hear it.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

I saw a dozen copies at Best Buy for $10. $10 FOR THIS ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE! And people pay $18.99 for a Britney Spears CD. Why? Buy this album for your kids, your neighbors, your friends, enemies, dogs and yourself. I honestly cannot more highly recommend an album. Even considering my U2 albums, this is perhaps my favorite album of all-time.

What is Best Buy, is it like a cheap CD store? Its very popular among americans and I dunno what it is...It sounds like Woolworths a big store full of lots of different things cd's, stationary, clothes, is it like that?

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

I have that album and its GREAT! I recommend people to out and get it!! ANd it does make a great X-mas gift!!

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by bono-vox:
What is Best Buy...

It's a chain of giant electronic stores. It has pretty much everything, CDs, computers, phones, movies, stereos, TVs, office furnature, appliances, you name it. They usually have a great selection of CDs, it's a good way to find older and less commercial albums for cheap.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I don't care who you are, where you live, what color you are, what language you speak, what kind of music you like, or how ugly you are, everyone on this planet should have the chance to hear it.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

B]

You have never been so right! This reminds me that I recently loaned my copy to a friend and have not received it back yet.

Best Buy does NOT equal Woolworths...It's an electronics store. It's like the only place that's not REALLY expensive with a LOT of CDs and DVDs and CD players and what not. I like Best Buy, I go almost 2 times a week. The security guys by the door all know me by name.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

Give me a hundred bucks and watch me blow it all at Best Buy. It's that good.

------------------
Change is the only constant

This isn'y just supposed to be for my idea, I want to hear other ideas from people. I need good cheap gifts too.

For once Swallow is making a great point. I haven't listened to this in a few months now--damn you, I need to hear it again. Oh well, it's conducive to studying.

------------------
I'm too sexy for my cat

For college students - coffee maker. Usually available under $20.

Bargain bin CDs are nice too especially when you find such a gem.

And the Leatherman Micra Tool. I have one on my keychain, and I love it. I'm not even the outdoorsy type or anything, but this is a great little gift for around $20.

------------------

OK Swallow, I just bid for Kind Of Blue on eBay, so it better be real good immediately or BAM!
tongue.gif

------------------

Socks and underwear (truly one of my favorite gifts)
Pens and pencils
Giant packs of food (the Sam's Club variety, like 48-count packs of Ramen Noodles)

Now I am a college student...just keep that in mind.
wink.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

You can get Miles Davis - Kind of Blue for $6.66 at absound.com, I highly recommend buying music from this site. Just be sure to buy them in bunches so you can save on the shipping. One to four cds ship for $6 and $12 once you go over four. Its really cheap if you live in the US since this is a Canadian website. The U2 singles are always the cheapest on this site and the shipping fees are amongst the cheapest. Only bad part is many times they sell out quickley and they don't have the breadth of say hmv.com (also a good site) but still its a solid site.

[This message has been edited by qball7200 (edited 12-15-2001).]

I don't know what's cheap, because NOTHING'S cheap to me. $20 is a lot, since I don't have a job. I'm a month away from being 15, and I get no allowance! I hate people with money, yet I want to be one.

Back
Top Bottom