Chart Wars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I just discovered this really interesting game today. It's a freeware game that puts you as the manager of your own record label. It allows you to sign bands (I tried to sign U2 and they rejected my deal... several times!:sad: ) make albums, promote singles, arrange tours, have TV appearance, magazine articles etc. It's alot of fun, and quite addictive. Also you have to hire security for your bands or they'll get abused by fans and hire PR folks in case your band does something stupid.. to help keep things nice and sane.

I'm playing the original version but apparently there's a couple versions of it.

http://www.osirisgames.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=32&func=selectfolder&cat=1

Have fun! :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is an editor with this as well. So if a band you like isn't on the list, well you can create it and the amount it would take to sign that band. You can make venues, tv programmes, companies, songs, albums etc. It's very customizable.

Last edited:
you probably didnt offer u2 enough money :tsk:

sounds like an interesting game

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
:giggle: I offered them more than they wanted and I still got rejected :huh:

I think I probably have to start small and go from there :wink:
Do it Salt Lake City style and offer them hookers and free hotel rooms.

I played it for a while before eventually deleting it out of frustration. I just found it too hard to keep track of what all my artists were doing and I hated the way that you were better off nearly bankrupting yourself to bag a major band and getting the money back through touring instead of building yourself up slowly through smaller bands (for whom success seemed elusive but drink driving charges multiple :wink: ). But I played the third version I think so maybe the first one is better.

Actually, I tell a lie. I've just found Chart Wars 3 is still on my PC. Maybe I'll give it another go. It keeps crashing on me though. :rant:

Wish the interface was different.

Is the interface different on the 3rd version compared to the 1st?

vaz02 said:
Wish the interface was different.

Is the interface different on the 3rd version compared to the 1st?

I dunno 'cos I don't know what it's like in the first one! But it does seem quite strange in the third one. How you think you ought to be able to do things (such as how to sign bands) isn't actually how you do it at all. I actually had to look up online a FAQ about the game because I was struggling with it so much.

I'm addicted to this game, all my first 9 acts have released their debuts

2 Uk Top 40's
2 Oceania Top 40's
4 European Top 40's
1 USA Top 40
1 USA Top 20
1 UK Top 10
1 European Top 10
1 Oceania Top 10

plus I'm 7.5 million in debt, but still this game rules :drool:

Back
Top Bottom