Charlatans "Up at the Lake"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Has anyone heard this new Charlatans album?? I'm currently trying to...acquire the songs. I love charlatans and everything timmy, so I'm quite excited. :hyper: It's released this week in the UK, although I'm not sure when in the US.

Just heard it. Fantastic pop tune! I've been into this band since 1990, and they keep growing and getting better with each record. This new one sounds very promising.

the song "feel the pressure" = :heart: rockier, very upbeat in the vein of wonderland, but no falsetto. I love it. Not that I didn't love the falsetto, but...

Got the whole album. I love "I'll Sing A Hymn (You Came To Me)." And "Try Again Today" is brilliant. They keep getting better! Back in 1990 I never would have guessed they would become one of the most consistently great bands on the plant.

I have to come back to this thread. This is the BEST album of the year. The AM and Classic Rock influences really come through on 3rd and 4th listens. Combine that w/ their usual psychedelia and groove, and you have the best album of the year. "Loving You Is Easy" is vintage McCartney songwriting, and the chorus of " High Up Your Tree" screams out Beach Boys. :drool:

I listened to it (the whole thing) last weekend at the Virgin Megastore in Chicago. I really wanted to buy it. I agree with Mr.Brau...this could be an "album of the year."

The problem (as Mr.B has stated), it is an import, and freaking expensive. :yikes:

Zoney, I could make you a copy so you have something to listen to until they get a US label. A record this good needs to be shared.

I just now saw your offer...I must have posted at about the same time. Thanks for that! I don't actually own a copy, but I've...acquired almost all of the songs. I think 'dead love' and 'try again today' are the only two I'm still missing...I'll keep trying though. :) It should work out.

Last edited:
so I bump the lone thread on this album to announce I have purchased this album and it is now in my possession

haven't heard all of it yet but 'Cry Yourself To Sleep' is the early favourite

I still need to get the actual album...I keep forgetting. Timmy needs to come visit the east coast too. Soon. With his bear hat.

OK...so I passed up on it AGAIN this weekend. Everytime I go into a store that has it...I find 300 other things I want (the problem with shopping in stores with IMPORTS). :grumpy:

I really have to just suck it up and buy it.

Gee, this is an old thread.

A fantastic album from a great band.

The CD had a normal release in Australia last year.

I am surprised they do not have a record deal in the States

Back
Top Bottom