Chappell-Hadlee Series (Australia-New Zealand)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I can't believe no one has started a thread for this!

McGrath stayed home! Gilchrist wanted to! Vettori will be the captain! Australia are still overwhelming favorites!

(current odds, for entertainment purposes only!)

Australia 1.33
New Zealand 3.25

!

I think the question is not who will win, but by what margin.

I don't think it'll be a whitewash for the Aussies, but I don't expect NZ to win more than one match either.

Australia's over-confident. I'm predicting 2-1 to New Zealand.

I must say, I'm delighted Vettori is captain. I've been saying he should be captain for a good while now.

Vettori was superb, and Australia only made it to 252, a low number for them.

We'll see how it goes, but it seems that since they don't have to face McGrath, New Zealand at least have a decent chance.

COBL_04 said:
And what a crowd the New Zealanders were. :down:

They nearly gave your typical Melbourne crowd a run for there money aye? :down:

Didn't watch the game sadly, but it sounds like the NZ side were very rusty... Really hoping for a much better effort in Wellington.

I couldn't stand to watch at about 3/19 ... thought we'd be gone for fifty when I heard we were 6/33.

Utterly humiliating.

:lmao: 147 runs

Aussies !!!!!! :up:

Glad to see the NZCB are taking action against the crowd and putting player safety first. Hope it works and stops those fools who think it is okay to throw stuff. (Everywhere)

Tania said:
Glad to see the NZCB are taking action against the crowd and putting player safety first. Hope it works and stops those fools who think it is okay to throw stuff. (Everywhere)

:sad:

But throwing stuff at Australians is a legitimate sport! :drool:

Disclaimer: JOKE!

ha you cant touch us nz

your useless cricketers are no match for our domineering supremist cricket machines

theres absolutely nothing you can do

just be a good team and surrender meekly to the might of the australian team :p

CrashedCarDriver said:
ha you cant touch us nz

your useless cricketers are no match for our domineering supremist cricket machines

theres absolutely nothing you can do

just be a good team and surrender meekly to the might of the australian team :p

:lmao:

Now I have that stupid "Can't touch this" song in my head

Lovely post CCD :up:

Tania said:
Now I have that stupid "Can't touch this" song in my head
What about Peter's "Can't Touch Me" song from Family Guy?

I've got diplomatic immunity, so Hammer, you can't sue.

Peter-Time!

I can't believe how much Ponting is whinging about this, it is tedious, even by his standards. This is the 3rd straight day he has been crying about it to the media. :down:

Loved Daneil Vettori's quote as to wether he is concerned about the crowd behaviour "Well they don't throw anything at us so we are fine aren't we!" :lmao:

Maybe Ponting & co should put a few thoughts behind why they are having these things thrown at them.

Last edited:
Tania said:
I haven't heard a thing. :lmao:

Well... you do live in Perth. Last I heard you guys were up to about 1986 or so. A word of advice, the little boy with the mullet named Steve... watch him closely and get used to him - he will be around for a long while! :wink:

But seriously, its been played as the lead in or second sport story on the 6 o'clock news each night and Inside Cricket decided it would be a great point to dwell on. :down:

(Mind you, one is better off for not watching the six oclock news. :wink: )

Lasly I would just like to send out a big :hug: to Adam Gilchrist who seemed visibly upset and concerned for his safety after the game. I completely understand that being the wicketkeeper he is made very easy pickings for missiles from the crowd. I pray that any of the dangerous missiles thrown from the crowd somehow deviate from there target over the short 65 metre sprint to Adam via some sort of devine intervention. Stay safe love. :kiss:

Last edited:
Amazing innings from Symonds put Australia at 322. He and Clarke were simply unstopable for the last 10 overs. Incredible batting!

New Zealand are at 204/5 after 37 overs. They definitely have a shot at reaching 300. What a run-fest!

Well, we might be back in the dark ages but we can still do some things right :kiss:

Western Australia defeated South Africa by an innings and 48 runs in their three-day tour match at the Western Australian Cricket Association Ground.

South Africa's hopes of salvaging their opening tour match were all but extinguished by lunch as they slumped to 120 for five in their second innings.

:drool:

After 40 overs, NZ is 233/5. Australia was only 204/4.

Is it possible that they'll actually reach 322? :hyper:

Holy Smokes, after 44 they're at 265/6.

Wow, this is good.

293/7 after 47. They need 30 runs from the final 3 overs.

Back
Top Bottom