Chaos everywhere..and it aint me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They closed my Cleveland Steamer appreciation thread. I don't know why.

Lemonade Stand
Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby.

A hobby eh? Dropping trou for a good steamer is a hobby for many many people in this world.

But yeah, enough with the closable threads. I feel like I'm in jail. And not the good jail on Cinemax. the MAN jail

perhaps its the recent opression thats had made people go :coocoo:........:hmm:, too many threads closing, too many insults...too many people being easily insulted....too much quarelling....
quick, Bono fart out a new cd so the quarelling can return to why HTDAAB is so much betetr than their new cd;)

It seems like some people seem to to think that Lemonade Stand is their personal playground.

Aardvark747 said:

And on a scale of 1 - 10, how proud are you of that fact Palace?:wink:

Can't give a rating. I'm not proud of my actions but I don't feel I've done much wrong.

I certainly feel Lemonade Stand is my personal playground. And like a playground I have fun, have fun with others and respect what is giving me such pleasure.

If people are more uptight than me (I don't think this counts for financeguy, BSB, Aardie, Zootlesque and others) then I can't help that. I will remain true to myself.

I certainly feel that if there was a bit more acceptance on this board for different views and attitudes, and less 'enforcement' then things would run smoothly. Alot of the time the Big Brother environment leads to provocation.

Just a view, not a criticism, I can live with how things are.

I actually felt the same way :shrug:

That LS was more open than what it seems to be... I thought this was a random forum to post pretty much whatever, as long as it is not offensive.

Maybe the definition of the forum should be made clearer?

U2@NYC said:
I actually felt the same way :shrug:

That LS was more open than what it seems to be... I thought this was a random forum to post pretty much whatever, as long as it is not offensive.

Maybe the definition of the forum should be made clearer?

Perhaps if you take a look over in 'It's Official' you will realise the full extent of the hypocrisy. Nothing of any substance happens there and it is used basically to boost posts and talk about nothing important.

That is all well and good, but when people want to have a joke in a more serious but not 'Free Your Mind' serious format, we get closed down for it.

Basically there is no middle ground between Free Your Mind and Its Official. Lemonade Stand and EYKIW should be it in general and U2 terms, but for some reason it isn't viewed that way by the authority.

How can anyone have a good healthy argument in the silly surroundings of Its Official? And if you have one in Lemonade Stand you are criticised for going off topic in...wait for it...and Off Topic forum.

I find the entire thing intriguing.

There's a place for everything I guess. It's Official is more for the silly, sometimes not meaningful discussions. That's why we have a spot for it. You can talk about your feet stinking or your arm is swollen or your tooth fell out over there and its fine. I like to look at Lemonade Stand more of like talk about what your hobbies are or your likes and dislikes, etc. It's just that we have a lot of members here, and when the same few people post threads after threads about their every thoughts it can kind of get irritating for the rest of the members who actually want to have a discussion.. I guess, does that make any sense?

Also journals can be used for your every day random thoughts and feelings too.

I suppose if anyone has some serious suggestions they should post in the Dont Expect, Suggest section.

Palace_Hero said:

Can't give a rating. I'm not proud of my actions but I don't feel I've done much wrong.

I certainly feel Lemonade Stand is my personal playground. And like a playground I have fun, have fun with others and respect what is giving me such pleasure.

If people are more uptight than me (I don't think this counts for financeguy, BSB, Aardie, Zootlesque and others) then I can't help that. I will remain true to myself.

I certainly feel that if there was a bit more acceptance on this board for different views and attitudes, and less 'enforcement' then things would run smoothly. Alot of the time the Big Brother environment leads to provocation.

Just a view, not a criticism, I can live with how things are.

Post of the week my friend:up:

Back
Top Bottom