Changes in NFL teams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoobeatle

The Fly
O.K i used to watch NFL here in England in the late 80s and now teams seem to move anywhere,There used to be the Baltimore Colts,St Louis Cardinals,L.A Raiders and Rams not to mention the Houston Oilers. We dont have this in English Football/soccer, so can someone explain why this happens?cos im scared that one day the Vikings will move.

Usually it's because a city won't fund or build a new stadium. It sounds stupid but it's true. The Colts for example left because the city wouldn't fund the construction of a new stadium so the owner moved the team to Indianapolis. Most cities get thier teams replaced, though. Baltimore got the Ravens, Houston got the Texans and LA is bound to get a team in a few years. As for the Vikings, they probably won't move the team because the NFL loves tradition and few teams have as much tradition as the Vikings. :wink:
Fran Tarkenton & Cris Carter :drool: :drool: Amazing players.

The Vikings have threatened to move to L.A. for YEARS!

Expect them to get a stadium deal done by the Minnesota Legislature next year.

Teams moving comes down to greedy ownership!

not to be a smartass, but if you live in england, would it really make a big difference if the vikings moved somewhere else?

zoobeatle said:
What so you can only be an American to get annoyed at your team moving elsewhere?

no, im in america and if i liked a soccer team in london, and they all of a sudden moved to leeds, it really wouldnt be as big a deal to me as if a hometown team i rooted for moved to another city.

if you have no allegiance to the city and just the team, i wouldn't think the team moving would be a huge deal.

Chizip said:

no, im in america and if i liked a soccer team in london, and they all of a sudden moved to leeds, it really wouldnt be as big a deal to me as if a hometown team i rooted for moved to another city.

if you have no allegiance to the city and just the team, i wouldn't think the team moving would be a huge deal.

it's like when U2 moves to Holland. Only people in Dublin should care about that. The rest of the world should just shut up about it.

Then its different for football/soccer fans here, there would an uproar, like when a London team called Wimbledon moved to a place called Milton Keynes called themselves MK Dons, thousands of fans boycotted the games and even set up a team themselves and called themselves Wimbledon F.C

Just a question here, when a team moves, for example the Cardinals moving from St Louis to Arizona, which looks on an atlas a million miles away, doesnt it annoy you that a team that you could have seen fairly regulary during the NFL season, you dont get that chance anymore and only get to see them on NBC.?

yes, if you live in the same city of the team that moves away then i could see why youd be pissed off.

but if you already live a million miles away from your team, across a huge ocean, and it moves a couple hundred miles in a different direction, thats when i dont see why it would be a big deal.

So the Raiders moved from Oakland to LA then back again but I still hate them ~ always have, always will. I grew up in the Bay Area a die hard 49er fan. Now I am in San Diego but my :heart: is still with the Niners even thothey've sorta turned to crap. I've just not been able to get into the Chargers and they play just a few miles from my house!

P.S. I personally don't like when national teams move out of state.

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom