Champion's League Predictions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I'm pretty much talking to myself here...........now it's down to AC vs Juventus............all italian finals.....:applaud:

*turning into a diehard Milan Fan*

USA beat England in 1950. Or something.

What a result.

The Final: Juventus vs. AC Milan

I'm not very excited by it, to be honest. Nothing against both clubs, who have played well to get to the final, but I'd prefer a final between teams from different leagues. Michel Platini's suggestion of returning to the old knock-out system and involving only the champions of a country sounds good to me...only Ajax, Valencia and Juve were champions of their domestic leagues in the final eight, and the former two got knocked out. Kind of defeats the purpose of a 'champions league'. Still, the money men of the G-14 won't allow it, which is annoying.

hey the US team has a strong team. they had a great showing at the world cup and is something that shocked most of the world. good on them for finally being able to prove they can compete. it does help that a lot of the players are playing over seas. :up: but anyway this has nothing to do with this thread.

i can't give my vote on who i would prefer to win in this final because i haven't been keeping up with the Italian football league. but i am very interested in this match and curious to see the out come. it should be a good match.

Man United and Celtic are playing at the Seahawks Stadium in Seattle for their pre-season, and touring the rest of America. Despite me actively disliking Manchester United, I think the tour's a good thing for the sport in North America. I always love these 'Battle of Britain' games (the last one was a 4-3 to Celtic at the Ryan Giggs testimonial if I'm not wrong). I remember Manchester United came down to Singapore for their pre-season in 2001 and put an 8-1 over our "national side" (with some foreign-born players from our domestic league). Near the end, Ferguson deployed Fabien Barthez as a striker because he was clamouring to come on and Fergie didn't want to take the other goalie on the field off. :laugh:

Poor Pavel Nedved re. Champs League final though. Out with a suspension on one of the most important games of your professional career.

Both teams have a Dutch player (Seedorf plays with AC Milan and Davids with Juve), but historically AC is 'more Dutch' (anyone remember the golden Dutch trio at AC at the end of the '80s?). Still, Italian soccer isn't the most exciting one to watch, too defensive. I'd rather seen Real in the final. Or Feyenoord, but that was a loooong shot (especially since they didn't reach the 2nd round... snif!).

C ya!

Marty (who thinks he isn't going to watch the game though...)

Back
Top Bottom