Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I'm pulling an Axver and scanning back through the thread!)

coolian2 said:
I saw that too....has the absence of NSW crippled the Temple Bar?

Tough to say. In early February we lost Snow. Then there was the problem of gabrielvox following Dalton into the Bar and starting fights with him regularly. Then the Beav's stops became few and far between, and now NSW is gone. The Bar's in trouble.

phillyfan26 said:
Axver, I listened to your Achtung Baby tracklisting last night and it is fantastic.

Thanks! I'm glad SOMEONE agrees. The first time I posted it on the forum, it got absolutely SLAMMED.

But I've said before that it would be a top 3-4 U2 album for me with that tracklist, and I mean it.

major_panic said:
Howdy all, I see you've all been pretty busy. Did I miss anything important?

Hey, glad you could make it this evening! Done your reading for the Terrorism tute tomorrow? If so, you're doing better than me!

Uh ... you saw all the Screwtape madness, I think. Otherwise, not really.

It's the ending. Wild Irish Rose > Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk > Acrobat > Love Is Blindness. As good as it gets right there.

Hey guys. :wave: My computer's too slow to post frequently, so I might move to the laptop in a bit. Though right now it's difficult, as my cat is resting on me.

Axver said:
I love this comment on the 23 November 2001, Phoenix gig:

Comments: In God's Country is performed for the first time since 9 October 1989. Bono claims that it is the first time it has been performed in 15 years, despite the fact that The Joshua Tree was only 14 years old in 2001!

Oh dear. :lmao:

Axver said:

Hey, glad you could make it this evening! Done your reading for the Terrorism tute tomorrow? If so, you're doing better than me!

Uh ... you saw all the Screwtape madness, I think. Otherwise, not really.

Dude, I don't even have the reader. I'm going in cold. It'll be good :up:

I see Screwy hasn't reported back yet. Once again, I hope he hasn't gone and overreacted in a way that he'd regret later.

mysterious_jen said:
what was the screwtape madness?? did he have sex and implode?

Originally posted by Axver:
The brief summary of what happened:

1. Vazza links to a speech Obama made about race today.
2. Screwtape slams Obama.
3. Debate between Vazza and Screwtape, in which Screwtape calls Vazza naive.
4. Vazza absolutely owns Screwtape with a very clear post.
5. Screwtape takes it completely the wrong way. Clearly, from his reaction, there's more going on than just someone embarrassed that they got owned in the postwhorehouse. I'm worried.

Axver said:
I love this comment on the 23 November 2001, Phoenix gig:

Comments: In God's Country is performed for the first time since 9 October 1989. Bono claims that it is the first time it has been performed in 15 years, despite the fact that The Joshua Tree was only 14 years old in 2001!

"This is a song that we wrote when we first started out as a band, that we've been sort of saving up for a special occasion. We've only played it once or twice in certain places, and we've decided that, uh, tonight would be a great time to bring it back to life.

It's a beautiful song, one of my favourites, and it has a very special meaning to us as a band. We wrote this after seeing the violence and terror of, y'know, Kosovo and the terrible genocides in Africa. Anyway, this is a song that we haven't played since 1987. This is ONE!"

major_panic said:
Dude, I don't even have the reader. I'm going in cold. It'll be good :up:

I see Screwy hasn't reported back yet. Once again, I hope he hasn't gone and overreacted in a way that he'd regret later.

Oh man, have you SEEN the reader? It's over 750 pages and costs over $50. Fucking INSANE.

I think he'll be OK. I hope so anyway.

If you asked Bono whether the band had played Acrobat live before, I'm 95% sure he'd say, "Yeah, a couple times."

mysterious_jen said:

what a load of shite to get worked up over. he would have been far better off having sex and imploding.

and im glad vazzer OWNED .

:rockon:

screwtape2.livejournal.com

mysterious_jen said:
what was the screwtape madness?? did he have sex and implode?

In the post of mine that Pee Fan quoted, by "Screwtape takes it completely the wrong way", I mean that he goes suicidal.

Axver said:
Incidentally, I can totally see the UF death theme. Only Promenade poses a problem, really. And I didn't know anything in IAMJ actually went unignored! :wink:
It was 4th of July for me, oddly. It just kinda stuck in my head on the day I got the news.

IAMJ? I even checked the song acronym thread in EYKIW and came up blank...?

Thanks, btw. :hug: I'm not very worried, but you know.

Ooh, I don't think I have the Alex->Hell4Milk thing... Always wondered about that.

I said I'd be in bed by 11pm and it's now 2 mins past... time I went, methinks.

:wave: seeya folks... will try to get online a bit over the weekend from the parents' place.

Axver said:

Oh man, have you SEEN the reader? It's over 750 pages and costs over $50. Fucking INSANE.

I think he'll be OK. I hope so anyway.

At least it'll be interesting. I hope.

And, over $50? Damn :(

major_panic said:

"This is a song that we wrote when we first started out as a band, that we've been sort of saving up for a special occasion. We've only played it once or twice in certain places, and we've decided that, uh, tonight would be a great time to bring it back to life.

It's a beautiful song, one of my favourites, and it has a very special meaning to us as a band. We wrote this after seeing the violence and terror of, y'know, Kosovo and the terrible genocides in Africa. Anyway, this is a song that we haven't played since 1987. This is ONE!"

:lmao: I can see that happening too.

phillyfan26 said:
If you asked Bono whether the band had played Acrobat live before, I'm 95% sure he'd say, "Yeah, a couple times."

Or "Acrowhat?"

Alisaura said:
IAMJ? I even checked the song acronym thread in EYKIW and came up blank...?

Thanks, btw. :hug: I'm not very worried, but you know.

IAMJ = It's A Musical Journey, as in the forum - that's where you mentioned posting it, right?

:hug: Yeah, I know what you mean. Whenever my mother goes into hospital I get worried and rattled, even though now that she's been diagnosed they know what to do and nothing should go awry. It's still horribly uncomfortable!

Ooh, I don't think I have the Alex->Hell4Milk thing... Always wondered about that.

E-mailing it to you now. :)

I said I'd be in bed by 11pm and it's now 2 mins past... time I went, methinks.

:wave: seeya folks... will try to get online a bit over the weekend from the parents' place.

Goodnight! See you tomorrow! :wave:

phillyfan26 said:

Two possible options:

"Acrobat? Off, uh, Pop? No, that's right, it was Zooropa. No, well, that's a song that basically we haven't had the, uh, means or opportunity or technology to play as of yet. We're really just waiting for the right moment to pull it out, sort of like Pride - we hardly ever play that anymore now."

OR:

"Acrobat? *laughs* How'd you hear about that song? That was on the demo CD of Bomb that Larry lost, and we never got it back so we haven't released it on an album yet. Sorta like Mercy."

phillyfan26 said:

screwtape2.livejournal.com

pffft he should stop being such an emo and grow some balls.

oh am i being insensitive.

really come on.

time to put his big girl panties on and deal with it .

its just a fucking message board.

I realised what you meant by IAMJ just before I read your post. :der: More proof I need to sleep!

Thanks for the song :D

I'm sending a couple of PT tunes to my brother... he wasn't impressed by Lazarus so I'm trying Waiting Phase One. (he said Lazarus has no edge so I thought I'd send one that sounds like it has Edge. Haha.)

*gawn*

major_panic said:

At least it'll be interesting. I hope.

And, over $50? Damn :(

Intense even if not interesting!

I wasn't actually too shocked when I paid my bill. I bought three readers and it came to just under $100. Now, I expect the average reader to be around $30, so this was what I expected to pay. Then I looked at the receipt and noticed over half of the bill was taken by just that one, and my other two were fairly cheap!

mysterious_jen said:

really come on.

That's basically what we said after he'd left. He came back on and then really imploded further.

mysterious_jen said:

really come on.

But, as Axver said, it's clearly not about the message board. As soon as he admits that, at least he can deal with what's really going on. But as long as he's blaming us, people he's never met, nothing will get accomplished.

Alisaura said:
I realised what you meant by IAMJ just before I read your post. :der: More proof I need to sleep!

Thanks for the song :D

I'm sending a couple of PT tunes to my brother... he wasn't impressed by Lazarus so I'm trying Waiting Phase One. (he said Lazarus has no edge so I thought I'd send one that sounds like it has Edge. Haha.)

*gawn*

Send him Orchidia.

That comment would only be funny if you have it, which you don't. Guess I need to send you more PT too.

G'night! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom