Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
One of the greatest moments in Australian music history has to be when the Oils played Beds Are Burning at the Closing Ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics with "sorry" written on their clothes as a direct "fuck you" to John Howard for not issuing a National Apology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLxOq5SNLIg

I've already said it, but it was so awesomely fitting to see Garrett as a government minister sitting behind Rudd when the National Apology finally was given earlier this year.

:up:

Varitek said:
u2's mining song owns midnight oil's mining song.

Red Hill Mining Town is the third best song on JT though. It's a fucking classic. How's anyone meant to compete with that?

bono_man2002 said:
I've been trying to come up with some lame song for these superthreads.

I think I have a riff, but no lyrics :laugh:

:lol:

We've decided that Phail is going to cover the whole October album. Without actually looking at any tabs or anything.

Alisaura said:

I actually prefer Blue Sky Mining to RHMT... :reject:

Maybe it's the squeaky guitar... :huh:

Nah, Blue Sky Mine's awesome. Like I said above, I think RHMT is one of U2's best songs and that Blue Sky Mine's not in a hurry to top it, but I can certainly see why you'd favour it. Both rule.

Also, hi! :wave:

Alisaura said:

Yeah, the Maj. and I figured that you and him have the hardest roles. I just have to play the same three chiming notes over and over again on guitar, and Daniel ... we need to hit him with a brick in the hopes he forgets some of the lyrics. :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
:lol: But It would be cool to have a lame theme song written for these threads

Oh, for sure. It'd be even funnier if we actually recorded it.

bono_man2002 said:
That was my idea. I'll keep it a work in progress.

I believe it was called "The Postwhore House" .....with some Killer Riffage :lol:

The Maj. and I should do a duelling drum solo. By which I mean he'll use his actual kit, while I'll just get out a selection of hardback books and record myself bashing them with drum sticks.

coolian2 said:
People Get Ready
There's a thread a-coming
Picking up passengers from the Temple Bar
A keyboard is the key
You don't need a mouse
Just a touchpad
So get on board

:lmao:

Oh non-existent God, the touchpad's back.

is it your bday yet ian? well, if i don't catch you tomorrow, as i'll be quiet busy (or so i think...then i thought i'd finish a story tonight) happy birthday! .wow tub .skcferif stceffa ylno ti .sdrawkcab epyt ylno nac i .suriv a em evag tsuj yletinifed denepo i egami elgoog emos tub ,erutcip a tsop dna ,reppirts a uoy tog i yas annog saw i os

coolian2 said:
People Get Ready
There's a thread a-coming
Picking up passengers from the Temple Bar
A keyboard is the key
You don't need a mouse
Just a touchpad
So get on board

Axver Joined Yesterday
His Post count was zero
less than twenty four hours later
he's already passed sicy
yeaaaaaah yeahhhhh ooooohhhohhhhh

Varitek said:
is it your bday yet ian? well, if i don't catch you tomorrow, as i'll be quiet busy (or so i think...then i thought i'd finish a story tonight) happy birthday! .wow tub .skcferif stceffa ylno ti .sdrawkcab epyt ylno nac i .suriv a em evag tsuj yletinifed denepo i egami elgoog emos tub ,erutcip a tsop dna ,reppirts a uoy tog i yas annog saw i os

Holy shit am i on drugs or is that bassakwards for everyone?

And thank you

Varitek said:
.wow tub .skcferif stceffa ylno ti .sdrawkcab epyt ylno nac i .suriv a em evag tsuj yletinifed denepo i egami elgoog emos tub ,erutcip a tsop dna ,reppirts a uoy tog i yas annog saw i os

I can figure out all of this except for 'firefcks'. Ooh, must be Firefox.

I can't believe I could actually read that fairly easily.

GODDAMNIT WHY DO I KEEP FORGETTING TO WATCH SPICKS & SPECKS.

Oh well, at least I'm seeing some of it.

bono_man2002 said:

Axver Joined Yesterday
His Post count was zero
less than twenty four hours later
he's already passed sicy
yeaaaaaah yeahhhhh ooooohhhohhhhh

:lol:

Looks like I'm closing in on 39,000. Wonder if I can do it tonight ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom