Centralia, PA Superthread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #421
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


No, Pee Fan and the Maj. are both more pure.
Oh true...but then there's the whole age thing, which I don't think this test takes into consideration.
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #422
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,030
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


Oh true...but then there's the whole age thing, which I don't think this test takes into consideration.
True, though for the Maj., he's got religious morality tied up into the whole deal too.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #423
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


See, I can just be a bit fussy with what I like. So ruling out a whole swathe of foods I enjoy in one big hit isn't such a smart move. Only one dinner that I cook at the moment is vegetarian-friendly (gnocchi napoli).
Speaking of, have you ever heard something as pathetic as a vegetarian who is allergic to vegetables? You're talking to her! Carrots, celery, parsley...anything in the mugroot family really, can send me to the hospital. Cooking for me can be a pain in the ass. That's why I usually invite people over to my place instead.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I'd give you some advice, but ... given that I've only ever had one girlfriend and didn't look at other girls at all from the age of 16 to 21, I should probably be RECEIVING advice.
We all should.

I'm surprised at myself. Although really, given that I'm posting such a confession on a board filled with anonymous people who I will (mostly) probably never meet in my life, I probably shouldn't be.

The most that almost all of my friends get is "I'm doing fine, a bit busy" and no more elaboration.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #425
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


The Vietnamese have one of the most intriguing varieties of cultural cuisine ever. A mix of French and Asian food; I always love eating Vietnamese stuff. Especially their "Pork Rolls": baguettes with butter, pate, soy sauce, Chinese-style roast pork, carrots, lettuce and fried onions!
That reminds me. I haven't had an egg roll in a long time. I probably won't for awhile until I learn to make them myself
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


True, though for the Maj., he's got religious morality tied up into the whole deal too.


Yeah seriously though, I don't mind; it's how I choose to live. Does it make me a better person? No idea, but it works for me, I guess.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #427
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,030
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


Speaking of, have you ever heard something as pathetic as a vegetarian who is allergic to vegetables? You're talking to her! Carrots, celery, parsley...anything in the mugroot family really, can send me to the hospital. Cooking for me can be a pain in the ass. That's why I usually invite people over to my place instead.
Ha, wow. Though trust me, you are missing NOTHING when it comes to carrots. Ugh, foul things.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #428
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


Speaking of, have you ever heard something as pathetic as a vegetarian who is allergic to vegetables? You're talking to her! Carrots, celery, parsley...anything in the mugroot family really, can send me to the hospital. Cooking for me can be a pain in the ass. That's why I usually invite people over to my place instead.
That SUCKS. Hardcore.

Although I'm sure you enjoyed it as a kid.

"Mia, eat your vegetables!"

"I can't do it, I'll die..."
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #429
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Ha, wow. Though trust me, you are missing NOTHING when it comes to carrots. Ugh, foul things.
Nyah... *chomp chomp chomp* What's up, doc?

Carrots are just "meh" to me. They normally serve to add a flavour that usually doesn't need to be added. And they make people go orange if consumed in large enough amounts.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #430
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,030
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


We all should.

I'm surprised at myself. Although really, given that I'm posting such a confession on a board filled with anonymous people who I will (mostly) probably never meet in my life, I probably shouldn't be.

The most that almost all of my friends get is "I'm doing fine, a bit busy" and no more elaboration.
Well, the funny part is, most of the regular posters on this thread know each other in person, either directly or indirectly. e.g. as of tomorrow, Maj. --> Ax --> Utoo --> unico.

And most people get absolutely nothing out of me when it comes to that sort of thing. Hell, I've even been pretty cagey on these threads, I think. I've sometimes surprised myself by saying some things, but I've generally stood back.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #431
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,030
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic




Yeah seriously though, I don't mind; it's how I choose to live. Does it make me a better person? No idea, but it works for me, I guess.
Even before I left Christianity, I had rejected conventional Christian morality, but that's a discussion for another time! I've been trying to find a good time to leave for the last half hour! I need to sleep if I don't want to die tomorrow.

Have a good one, folks. Maj., I'll be aiming to get to the Copland theatre around 11:45-50am. I'll have my mobile phone on me in any case.

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #432
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Well, the funny part is, most of the regular posters on this thread know each other in person, either directly or indirectly. e.g. as of tomorrow, Maj. --> Ax --> Utoo --> unico.

And most people get absolutely nothing out of me when it comes to that sort of thing. Hell, I've even been pretty cagey on these threads, I think. I've sometimes surprised myself by saying some things, but I've generally stood back.
We are the Monks of Silence! Although actually, I think you're too impure to be a monk. You can go be a deacon or something instead.

A great quote from my youth pastor: "Man, I'm so religious and holy, I'm gonna go all Francis of Assisi on you, and go live in the desert!"
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #433
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Even before I left Christianity, I had rejected conventional Christian morality, but that's a discussion for another time! I've been trying to find a good time to leave for the last half hour! I need to sleep if I don't want to die tomorrow.

Have a good one, folks. Maj., I'll be aiming to get to the Copland theatre around 11:45-50am. I'll have my mobile phone on me in any case.

See you there; I should probably go too, HOLY CRAP IT'S 1.15am!

Bye Mia (and anyone else who's here but not posting).
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #434
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


That SUCKS. Hardcore.

Although I'm sure you enjoyed it as a kid.

"Mia, eat your vegetables!"

"I can't do it, I'll die..."
you know the weird thing is...that allergy didn't develop til college!! I loved eating carrots and celery with peanut butter as a child. I had a nasty reaction after drinking carrot juice in the dining hall. My friend said "maybe you are allergic to carrots?" That night I told him he was crazy. So the next day I had carrots with hummus and guess what?
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 03-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #435
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Well, the funny part is, most of the regular posters on this thread know each other in person, either directly or indirectly. e.g. as of tomorrow, Maj. --> Ax --> Utoo --> unico.

And most people get absolutely nothing out of me when it comes to that sort of thing. Hell, I've even been pretty cagey on these threads, I think. I've sometimes surprised myself by saying some things, but I've generally stood back.
I bet I can be connected to many people on this board in 6 degrees or less.
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com