Centralia, PA Superthread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #376
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Passengers:

Bono and Edge love it. Larry thinks it's self indulgent. Adam was smoking pot to stop himself from drinking.
A rare moment of good taste from Bono.

Larry, GFY.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

1999-2008 should be "Some Albums Are Worse Than Others. Much, Much Worse. Oh Non-Existent God!"
Alternatively, Yahweh / Help! or, in reference to Interference's opinion of those albums, Mercy.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Well, you HAVE said you've tried snake ...
I'm pretty sure I have, but I was probably under the age of 5. I've also eaten almost every sort of aquatic creature possible, except whale or dolphin. I'd never willingly eat either.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #379
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Phail Collins. Wait, are we talking about surnames or just names here?

If it's surnames, I think they should be disowned. You can't really hide who and what you are, and besides, China has a very rich and complex history and traditions to be proud of. And, of course, some other stuff not to be proud of.

If it's just regular names, that's often just hilarious. Normally they just tack on another name, so they become like John Wang Wat Ah, Wang being the surname, Wat Ah being the Chinese equivalent to a first name and John being their "Christian" or first name.

It's a growing trend in Hong Kong and I believe Japan to have a "Christian" name, although given the levels of English literacy there, people often just go for names they think sound nice. This unfortunately results in people being called like "Pizza" or "Judas" or "Italy", sort of thing.
Mainly just talking first names. I've seen Anglicised last names but I don't think anything fully changed.

I wish I could remember more of the first names my mother encountered. Some of them were absolutely hilarious. You could tell which parents had let their children pick for themselves. There were Homers, Barts, and Lisas after the Simpsons, but that's all I recall.

And I've heard of that trend of nice-sounding names striking India too. I believe I mentioned in an earlier thread there was an Indian politician named Adolf Lu Hitler Marak just because his parents liked the sound of "Adolf Hitler".

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #380
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:02 AM
Pavarotti essentially threatened Bono to get him to write Miss Sarajevo.

"He had been asking for a song. In fact, asking is an understatement. He had been crank-calling the house. He told me that if I didn't write him a song, God would be very cross. And when I protested that we were in the middle of our own album, he would say, 'I am going to speak to God to speak to you. It's Easter. When I next call you, you will have a song.'"
Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #381
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I have, but I was probably under the age of 5. I've also eaten almost every sort of aquatic creature possible, except whale or dolphin. I'd never willingly eat either.
Alright then, what do you think is the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #382
Vocal parasite

Quote:

"He had been asking for a song. In fact, asking is an understatement. He had been crank-calling the house. He told me that if I didn't write him a song, God would be very cross. And when I protested that we were in the middle of our own album, he would say, 'I am going to speak to God to speak to you. It's Easter. When I next call you, you will have a song.'"
He should have just said "write me a song or I'll sit on you".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

these quotes are great. i really should pick up the book again.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

At the moment, the most recent I can think of is Frog Legs...but, that's probably not all that weird.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

At the moment, the most recent I can think of is Frog Legs...but, that's probably not all that weird.
Oh and I've had alligator too!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Dunno, I've not eaten any really out-of-the-way weird stuff. I've seen people eat stuff like spiders and fertilised eggs (with a half-developed chicken inside ), but never really did that. The most exotic stuff I've done would be the snake, frogs or snails, probably. Or the pigeons, but that's not so much exotic as just dangerous. Stingray is another possible candidate, but isn't unusual at all where I used to live.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #387
Blue Crack Supplier

Edge says they stopped playing Last Night on Earth live because "it's not up there with 'New Year's Day' and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday.'"

He's an idiot in this book.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #388
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Edge says they stopped playing Last Night on Earth live because "it's not up there with 'New Year's Day' and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday.'"

He's an idiot in this book.
Oh FFS.

This book is really ruining my impression of him.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #389
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Dear God,

I want to sing a song with Bono. Please make him write one already.

Yours,
Pavarotti

PS: Oh yeah, sorry about your whole son dying thing. He'll be back on his feet soon, don't worry.

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Pavarotti,

Look, I'm getting around to it, okay? I DID say that we were writing our album at the moment... I suppose you could have a song on that.

Regards,
God (Bono)

PS: We sent Larry into the tomb to watch out for anyone who'd come along, but apparently he scared some people off.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #390
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Dunno, I've not eaten any really out-of-the-way weird stuff. I've seen people eat stuff like spiders and fertilised eggs (with a half-developed chicken inside ), but never really did that.
Holy shit.

Quote:
The most exotic stuff I've done would be the snake, frogs or snails, probably. Or the pigeons, but that's not so much exotic as just dangerous. Stingray is another possible candidate, but isn't unusual at all where I used to live.
Pigeon cracks me up. And stingray seems a bit odd to me, yeah.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread