Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A small recovery by Edge: "The Popmart Tour occured during the height of the grung scene in America, the Seattle rock scene, which, I must confess, I found insufferably boring."

unico said:

At the moment, the most recent I can think of is Frog Legs...but, that's probably not all that weird.

Frogs' legs does not at all sound appealling to me.

phillyfan26 said:
A small recovery by Edge: "The Popmart Tour occured during the height of the grung scene in America, the Seattle rock scene, which, I must confess, I found insufferably boring."

Hurrah! I agree entirely.

Also, I really, really need to go to bed, but I'm having fun nerding around on U2VT. :reject:

major_panic said:

Here in Australia, we call it... REVENGE.

Steve Irwin, we're doing it for you!

:lol:

Launch a charity, Eat A Ray For Steve.

unico said:

I wasn't crazy about them. Being a vegetarian myself I found it disturbing to eat something off a bone, plus when I bit into it I saw an artery. :crack:

:barf:

Though if you're a vegetarian, I have to ask why you're eating frogs' legs in the first place!

Dear life,

Please stop giving me opportunities to hang out with younger girls who I feel any form of affection for, and (if applicable) vice versa. It's kinda weird, and they probably find it kinda creepy anyway. It compromises my ability and judgment as a responsible mentor and friend.

A recommended alternative route would be to get me a girlfriend, or at least a close female friend who I can actually talk to more than once a week.

That is all.

Thanks,
major_panic

PS: Being the unattractive older brother to a (apparently) really attractive sister sucks. Please remedy the situation ASAP.

Axver said:

Though if you're a vegetarian, I have to ask why you're eating frogs' legs in the first place!

Hey Mia, have you seen or tried the vegetarian imitation chicken / beef / whatever stuff that I've seen and eaten in Malaysia (and I'm sure exists elsewhere)? It's seriously Even Better Than The Real Thing, or at least so realistic it's scary.

major_panic said:
Dear life,

Please stop giving me opportunities to hang out with younger girls who I feel any form of affection for, and (if applicable) vice versa. It's kinda weird, and they probably find it kinda creepy anyway. It compromises my ability and judgment as a responsible mentor and friend.

A recommended alternative route would be to get me a girlfriend, or at least a close female friend who I can actually talk to more than once a week.

That is all.

Thanks,
major_panic

PS: Being the unattractive older brother to a (apparently) really attractive sister sucks. Please remedy the situation ASAP.

And... in the best traditions of postwhoring, I believed I've overshared.

Axver said:

I went out with a friend for lunch to a Vietnamese restaurant we had never been to before. The first thing she noticed was frog legs on the menu. She squealed, saying she'd never seen them before, and then begged me to try them with her.

I can be convinced to eat almost anything.

major_panic said:

And... in the best traditions of postwhoring, I believed I've overshared.

:lol: We all have to do it eventually.

Incidentally, we found out my purity score is actually only 72% pure, not 85% pure.

unico said:

I went out with a friend for lunch to a Vietnamese restaurant we had never been to before. The first thing she noticed was frog legs on the menu. She squealed, saying she'd never seen them before, and then begged me to try them with her.

I can be convinced to eat almost anything.

Ahh, right.

I don't know how I would cope without meat in my diet.

major_panic said:

Hey Mia, have you seen or tried the vegetarian imitation chicken / beef / whatever stuff that I've seen and eaten in Malaysia (and I'm sure exists elsewhere)? It's seriously Even Better Than The Real Thing, or at least so realistic it's scary.

Actually I have! I'm personally not a fan of processed foods, so I eat them minimally, but I do agree they taste delicious. I have meat-eater friends who prefer Boca Burgers to real hamburgers.

Axver said:

Ahh, right.

I don't know how I would cope without meat in my diet.

It's certainly not for everybody. We have different bodies, so we tend to eat what works best for us. I don't find it as grotesque as some of my fellow veggies do, but I can certainly do without it.

Incidentally, Maj., compared to what some of us have shared here, I think that would count as undersharing! :lol:

unico said:

Actually I have! I'm personally not a fan of processed foods, so I eat them minimally, but I do agree they taste delicious. I have meat-eater friends who prefer Boca Burgers to real hamburgers.

I was seriously impressed. We got some sort of typically Asian soy-sauce dish, and I thought it was chicken until someone told me otherwise! It seriously looked like sliced chicken pieces.

unico said:

It's certainly not for everybody. We have different bodies, so we tend to eat what works best for us. I don't find it as grotesque as some of my fellow veggies do, but I can certainly do without it.

See, I can just be a bit fussy with what I like. So ruling out a whole swathe of foods I enjoy in one big hit isn't such a smart move. Only one dinner that I cook at the moment is vegetarian-friendly (gnocchi napoli).

Axver said:
Incidentally, Maj., compared to what some of us have shared here, I think that would count as undersharing! :lol:

Almost definitely, although for me, that's already giving away a LOT. I just had to tell someone though. :shrug:

unico said:

So, with youknowwho gone, I think that makes me now the most pure person in the superclub.

No, Pee Fan and the Maj. are both more pure.

major_panic said:

I was seriously impressed. We got some sort of typically Asian soy-sauce dish, and I thought it was chicken until someone told me otherwise! It seriously looked like sliced chicken pieces.

I've had imitation duck at a Thai place before. LOL something tells me it is probably real duck. But it is delicious nonetheless!

major_panic said:

Almost definitely, although for me, that's already giving away a LOT. I just had to tell someone though. :shrug:

I'd give you some advice, but ... given that I've only ever had one girlfriend and didn't look at other girls at all from the age of 16 to 21, I should probably be RECEIVING advice.

unico said:

The Vietnamese have one of the most intriguing varieties of cultural cuisine ever. A mix of French and Asian food; I always love eating Vietnamese stuff. Especially their "Pork Rolls": baguettes with butter, pate, soy sauce, Chinese-style roast pork, carrots, lettuce and fried onions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom