Central CA Earthquake 11:16am PST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I felt this on the 3rd floor of my building here in San Jose, everyone got shaken up, but all is well. Hope everyone else is ok too :hug:
Sicy did ya feel it?

Placentia, CA (North Orange County) is 283 miles south of Cambria....we felt the rolling, couple of ceiling lights swayed; it was evident as to what was happening but....

:lol: Mrs. BAW thought that the wind was blowing the house!
:lol:

We're fine here...how about No. CA - check in please!!!

Noticed some verticle blinds starting to sway - sure enough, right at 11:16. This was on the first floor of a building in Irvine. Some mighty powerful rolls going on.

Prayers for those in NoCal & CenCal

bonosgirl84 said:
ack. i've got friends and family in northern california. :yikes:
bg...call them to see that they are alright! :crack:
hope everyone is okay!
Sicy...aren't you near where this happened? :hug:
like others have said, report here and let us know how you are!

I dont get it. I didnt feel a thing! And my brother who is just 10 miles away called to tell me about it and that everything in his room was swaying.

my LA office was on a conference call with us this morning when it happend. we heard screaming and the line went dead. we were worried. things are fine though so that made us feel good. since you No Cal folks are well i am assuming my brother in San Jose is fine. i am happy to see y'all alive and well. :hug:

My dad was checking out CNN this evening...three people have been reported dead as a result of this. :(.

One of the things at the bottom of the screen said that it looked as though no damage had been done to a nuclear power plant in that area.

Gee, well, that's good to hear. Can someone please tell me whose brilliant idea it was to put a nuclear power plant near a fault line to begin with? :huh: :coocoo:.

Angela

:sad: yes i was watching the news tonight and they showed a guy crying as he watched his fiancee being pulled from the debris. she was killed. :(

And guess where we were when the HUGE Lander's quake struck in 1992? Camping on the beach at San Onofre...a stones throw from from another nuclear reactor on a fault line :|

I'm sorry :sad: We had that little quake here recently and that was scary. All that destruction out there is tragic and frightening. I hope there won't be any more aftershocks out there:|

Last edited:
:ohmy:

we just had a big one :yikes:

well....not huge I guess. It was a 3.5 but it was centered a few miles from my house so I guess it felt bigger than it really was. :reject:

Last edited:
:mad: damn it. i don't want to know of anymore hitting out there. my brother and his wife just left this morning to go back to San Jose.

Bono's American Wife said:
:ohmy:

we just had a big one :yikes:

well....not huge I guess. It was a 3.5 but it was centered a few miles from my house so I guess it felt bigger than it really was. :reject:

is that still aftershocks from the last one or a new one?

Back
Top Bottom